Windows 10: Background gets removed or turns black after waking up from sleep mode.

Discus and support Background gets removed or turns black after waking up from sleep mode. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So i have a 144 hz monitor and a 60 hz monitor recently i had a few problems where the screen will go black and then back on and back to normal when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Rektrobot, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Rektrobot Win User

Background gets removed or turns black after waking up from sleep mode.

So i have a 144 hz monitor and a 60 hz monitor recently i had a few problems where the screen will go black and then back on and back to normal when ever i wake up my monitors. And like 1/10 times the background will get removed and the option reverts back to solid color. If you have any options for me to fix this ill gladly take it. By the way im on windows 10. and i know its not the cords its something wrong with monitors.

***Modified from: My backgrounds go black everytime my monitors turn on from sleep. and my backgrounds will randomly get removed***

:)

Rektrobot, Nov 15, 2018

2. Waking from sleep mode

Hi Kenneth,

For us to narrow down your concern with waking up your computer from sleep mode, we would like to know the following:

• Aside from Windows Update. were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Is this the first time you experienced the issue?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Send us a screenshot of your screen when you wake up your computer from sleep mode.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Nov 15, 2018
  3. Multiple computers won't wake out of sleep mode/start in sleep mode

Well I actually have replied, I did all of step 1, and went onto step 2, followed the instructions for installation from another PC from a USB drive. I have Windows on the USB drive and tried to install on the problem computer. I am not sure what the disconnect
    is here. Since I was clear (I thought?) about the problem in my OP, I feel like actually you are the one who did not read what I wrote, especially when you told me to simply restart/wake up the computer.

So if you cannot help that is fine, and I guess I will have to go elsewhere. I am seeing a lot online about Windows 10 causing this issue and so that is why I am here. It is the one consistent variable with the problem I have had now with two computers back
    to back - they go into sleep mode and will not wake up no matter WHAT I do (yes, I do know how to reboot a computer and wake a computer up out of sleep mode, obviously this isn't about me just needing to "wake up" the computer).

POST 1: My computer would not boot up, and I tried everything I knew to get it to work to no avail. Got a new computer, everything was fine until - it went into sleep mode and wouldn't wake up. Reboot = sleep mode and won't wake up. All I have is
    a black screen. I've tried switching cables, plugs, monitors. What is going on? I feel like I am going crazy.

POST 2: I tried the first few steps with no luck. The screen remains black, there is no change/response. I am not sure I will be able to do the next steps such as Windows installation media.

POST 4: Thank you so much I want to do the installation but I don't have a windows key this is a refurbished computer that I didn't originally buy

POST 5: I am trying to reinstall Windows with a USB, following the steps, and I cannot get anything on the monitor. It is black and the lights are blinking like it is in sleep mode.

MaryAlverson, Nov 15, 2018
  4. WaytGibbs Win User

Windows 10 - Problem waking up from sleep mode

This worked for me on a Lenovo Horizon2 27 all-in-one PC that was able to sleep manually but could not be wakened once sleeping after upgrading to Windows 10 Home.

I ran the powercfg /energy and examined the report as GoWMike describes. It showed no driver errors but suggested that there is a problem with the system's "High Performance" power setting that may prevent normal waking from manually induced sleep.

I used powercfg /list to show available modes, copied the GUID for Balanced mode, and then used this with the powercfg /activate command to change the plan.

I also used powercfg /devicequery wake_from_any

to get a list of device names for components capable of waking the system from sleep, and then I used

powercfg /deviceenablewake <devicename>

to make certain that the touchscreen and power button are armed to wake the machine.

After restarting, sleep and wake then functioned properly again.

WaytGibbs, Nov 15, 2018
Thema:

1. Background gets removed or turns black after waking up from sleep mode. - Similar Threads - Background gets removed

2. Blue screen after waking up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen after waking up from sleep mode: Hi Recently i have a werid problem. I used ccleaner to update all my drivers on my laptop acer nitro 5. Now after waking up i have every time bluescreen. I read i the other ticket that you guys ask for minidump files. My pc produced few files all from the same day.Please help...
  3. Wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wake up from sleep mode: I am using a Dell Precision M4800 and the most recent W10 updates. For some time I have been interested in using the 'sleep' mode but have not used it yet. The reason being that I cannot find instructions anywhere on how to 'wake' the machine up when I wish to work again....
  4. waking up from sleep mode

waking up from sleep mode: I delayed installing latest updates until yesterday. After doing so it now takes about 30 seconds for screen to turn on after being in sleep mode. Took less than 5 sec. before. What is happening?. Not critical but there appears to be something wrong in latest updates. Are...
  5. waking up from sleep mode

waking up from sleep mode: I was playing game in my laptop around one hour after i put my laptop in sleep mode, my laptop has been having issues with waking up from sleep mode. I currently have an HP model number is 15-ac119TX and power button does absolutely nothing anymore, and the screen remains...
  6. Wake up from sleep mode

Wake up from sleep mode: Using a Acer desktop with the latest version of Windows 10. My monitor will not wake from the sleep mode. Montior is a HP w17e. Pc is set to sleep after 20 minutes and monitor is set to never sleep but goes to sleep when PC does. PC will wake just fine but monitor will...
  7. waking up from sleep mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    waking up from sleep mode: how do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/waking-up-from-sleep-mode/b4ff1b9a-ea46-4a3a-975c-1d05f338aeae"
  8. Monitor not turn on after my desktop wake up from sleeping mode

Monitor not turn on after my desktop wake up from sleeping mode: Hi guys, As mentioned in the title, my monitor won't turn on when my desktop woke up from sleeping mode. I need to press the on and off button on my monitor in order to wake it up. When my desktop went into sleeping mode, my monitor will go into sleeping mode as well...
  9. waking up after sleep mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    waking up after sleep mode: my computer takes forever, 5 mins or so to wake up after it has been in sleep mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/waking-up-after-sleep-mode/dbb31876-ca52-496b-b682-f1ed2412533a"
  10. Not wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Not wake up from sleep mode: My box does not wake up from "sleep" mode. I tried wake-up with keyboard and power button, but not worked. The psecs of my box is here; OS: windows 10 pro x64 CPU: i7-920 Motherboard: Asus P5X58D Premium Memory: G Skill F3-12800CL9-2GBNQ 2G x 6 Graphics Card(s): Nvidia...