Windows 10: Background gone (as well as background picture option in personalisation) after update

Discus and support Background gone (as well as background picture option in personalisation) after update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I let the computer update while I was asleep, so I don't know if there were issues, but the computer seemed fine when I took a look at it this morning.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LonitaFraser, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Background gone (as well as background picture option in personalisation) after update

I let the computer update while I was asleep, so I don't know if there were issues, but the computer seemed fine when I took a look at it this morning.

Except for the fact that my desktop background is gone, it's all black, and the option to choose a picture in personalisation/background is not there. The other bits are, just not the picture option.

:)

LonitaFraser, Jun 13, 2019

2. personalising background pictures

Hi Steve,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Follow these steps:

• Go to Settings,
    • Click Personalization
    • Highlight Background and scroll down toward the bottom and click Browse.
    • Select the picture or photo to set as background.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jun 13, 2019
  3. mjrg1 Win User
    Background Personalisation

I have created my own Slideshow for Background in the Personalisation options.

Change Picture Every 1 minute is the fastest option available.

The frequency of change on Windows 8.1 could be set to 10 or 20 seconds.

How can I increase the Change Picture speed please?

I am using two monitors.

mjrg1, Jun 13, 2019
  4. Background gone (as well as background picture option in personalisation) after update

changing the background images

Hi,

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• Have you made any changes on the computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you referring to desktop background image or lock screen image?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the background picture and check if it helps.

• In the search type as ‘Settings’ and click on it.
    • Select ‘Personalization’, under ‘Background’ option select as ‘Picture’.
    • Under ‘Choose your picture’ select any picture accordingly or you can browse the picture from your computer.

You may refer to the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17144/windows-10-change-desktop-background

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

Background gone (as well as background picture option in personalisation) after update

1. Background gone (as well as background picture option in personalisation) after update - Similar Threads - Background gone background

2. Background pictures

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background pictures: My background picture was gone this morning, I went to personalize under slideshow browse selected the folder with my pictures and it show nothing. went to the file folder and looked into pictures and my pictures are there. I tried different folders same thing folder is there...
  3. Personalisation of Background

Personalisation of Background: I want to change the background picture on my PC using one of my own photos, but there is no 'Browse' button displayed on the 'Background' page. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/personalisation-of-background/2448d803-fa8f-4c12-9b67-c096dce6ef47
  4. background pictures

background pictures: I am trying to set my background picture, and ever ytime I choose one and set it its really blurry, I've tried picking a picture that is the same screen resolution size as it says in settings and that didn't help I just want to know how to fix this issue?...
  5. Window 10 Background Personalisation

Window 10 Background Personalisation: I have a third party app that updates my background every 25 minuets. That means I cannot use the slideshow setting in personalisation. How can I change the default choose a fit setting so that my image is the perfect fit every time it updates? The default choose a fit...
  6. My background picture has gone

My background picture has gone: Hello! The picture I have as my background has gone. If I open personalisation the picture shows it also shows in theme, but not on the screen. The screen is black with the icons on it. I can't find a way of getting my picture back. Any ideas, please? I'm running Win10...
  7. Personalised background image.

Personalised background image.: I run the slideshow option for the background selecting a specific folder or 'Pictures'. Is there any way to identify an image when it displays on the screen please?...
  8. Desktop Background Gone after update

Desktop Background Gone after update: The desktop background on my laptop has disappeared after today's major update. I believe it was synced with my Desktop computer. How do I restore it? Do I have to do a system restore, which would be ridiculous. Windows 10 Pro Version: 1903 OS Build: 18362.267 thanks 137744
  9. Desktop Background Gone after update

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Background Gone after update: The desktop background on my laptop has disappeared after today's major update. I believe it was synced with my Desktop computer. How do I restore it? Do I have to do a system restore, which would be ridiculous. Windows 10 Pro Version: 1903 OS Build: 18362.267 thanks 137744
  10. Background Picture

Background Picture: Hi there. When I go into Settings and set the Background picture/slideshow, I always see letters on the sample screen, like 'Aa' and 'Sample Text'. What can you do with that? I don't find any explanations anywhere. Thank you. 8133