Windows 10: Background Icon Problem on Windows Search

Discus and support Background Icon Problem on Windows Search in Cortana to solve the problem; How do I fix this background square in the search box, when I search for the apps that I had downloaded from Microsft Store? it shows a box with my... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by AmalLalgi, Jul 19, 2021.

1. AmalLalgi Win User

Background Icon Problem on Windows Search

How do I fix this background square in the search box, when I search for the apps that I had downloaded from Microsft Store? it shows a box with my accent color, it is really annoying! How do I change this to make it look like Chrome's kind of one?This is the problem I have to Solve!I want to make it like this! Background Free

:)

AmalLalgi, Jul 19, 2021
  2. Arul_D Win User

Search Box Reduced to Magnifying Glass Icon

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the settings to show the search icon.

• Right click on the search bar

• Click on search

• Check show search icon
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Jul 19, 2021
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 19, 2021
  4. Background Icon Problem on Windows Search

Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Jul 19, 2021
Thema:

Background Icon Problem on Windows Search

1. Background Icon Problem on Windows Search - Similar Threads - Background Icon Problem

2. Why are Windows 10 search icons of UWP Apps displayed on blue background?

in Cortana
    Why are Windows 10 search icons of UWP Apps displayed on blue background?: Hello,I am working on the development of an UWP app. On Windows 10 Pro 22H2 Build 19045.3448 the search icons of my UWP apps are always displayed on a blue blackground aka "plated". For the start menu and the task bar this is not the case, i.e. they are displayed unplated...
  3. Why are Windows 10 search icons of UWP Apps displayed on blue background?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are Windows 10 search icons of UWP Apps displayed on blue background?: Hello,I am working on the development of an UWP app. On Windows 10 Pro 22H2 Build 19045.3448 the search icons of my UWP apps are always displayed on a blue blackground aka "plated". For the start menu and the task bar this is not the case, i.e. they are displayed unplated...
  4. Why are Windows 10 search icons of UWP Apps displayed on blue background?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Icon with orange background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icon with orange background: when I open the game, the game window will appear but recently when I open my game, there is no window showing up, under the task bar the icon of the game has an orange background and then I click In, the game still works normally, I don't know what's wrong with my computer...
  6. Icon with orange background

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Icon with orange background: when I open the game, the game window will appear but recently when I open my game, there is no window showing up, under the task bar the icon of the game has an orange background and then I click In, the game still works normally, I don't know what's wrong with my computer...
  7. Windows app icons background

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows app icons background: So i accidentatly scrolled on desktop when my control was down, and the app icon sizes changed, i managed to get them back to normal size but now i have this stupid looking background on them, and the icons are centered small to there. Any fixes to this?...
  8. App icons have a white background in Taskbar & show no icons in search results?

in Windows 10 Customization
    App icons have a white background in Taskbar & show no icons in search results?: Since about November, all the icons of my UWP Apps on two of my PCs! suddenly appeared to be "broken". [ATTACH] This is what they look like on the Taskbar [ATTACH] And this is what i get on the search results. Right now they display the default image icon of my Photo...
  9. Problems with search function and setting background wallpaper

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with search function and setting background wallpaper: I've just upgraded to Windows 10 again ( 3rd time- I'm a sucker for punishment). My first problem surrounds the search function and although I can key in my search request there is no enter button to activate the search. Secondly I've tried several methods to change my...
  10. Search window background...

in Windows 10 Support
    Search window background...: I've changed the look of the desktop to my preference, except one that does not budge... Clicking the search icon on the taskbar brings up the search window with black background, such as this one: [img] Typing in the name of the program/app, brings up the search...