Windows 10: Background image changes to image not on my PC

Discus and support Background image changes to image not on my PC in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My background on my laptop and desktop changes randomly to images that are not on either machine. The images are related to a work project that I did... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PFB123, Dec 30, 2019.

1. PFB123 Win User

Background image changes to image not on my PC

My background on my laptop and desktop changes randomly to images that are not on either machine. The images are related to a work project that I did for a event space. It's clear that it's sync thing happening but none of the several PCs at that venue are related to my MS account. I remote logged into all of them and the background image isnt event on any of them but it's clear that the image is from that venue since it marketing material for their events. This definitely has something to do with Teamviewer or other remote login software that I use but I can't see how. I log into dozens of machines remotely but this is the only one. I've changed my user and password so that if any machines were using my account those machines would need to log in. I also looked at the inventory of the PCs associated with my account and I know what they all are and none seem to be related to that venue. Bizarre. I even worked with the IT team at this venue and they confirmed that all of the PC associated with that venue are running on their account.

:)

PFB123, Dec 30, 2019

2. changing the background images

Hi,

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• Have you made any changes on the computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you referring to desktop background image or lock screen image?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the background picture and check if it helps.

• In the search type as ‘Settings’ and click on it.
    • Select ‘Personalization’, under ‘Background’ option select as ‘Picture’.
    • Under ‘Choose your picture’ select any picture accordingly or you can browse the picture from your computer.

You may refer to the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17144/windows-10-change-desktop-background

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Dec 30, 2019
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    can i change the back ground image on cortanna

Hi,

For us to better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• Do you want to change the computer's background image or the background image of Cortana itself?
    • On which version of Windows 10 is your device running?

In the meantime, to change the background image of your PC, follow the steps
    here

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Arjay Dom, Dec 30, 2019
  4. Billy Med Win User

Unable to change Wallpaper / Background Image since upgrading phone to Windowes 10.1

Hi Tracy,

Regarding your issue about changing your background photo, we'd like to ask some questions to fully understand your concern:

• How do you change your background photo?
    • Do you encounter any error message when trying to change your background image?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you performed in relation to this issue?

Billy Med, Dec 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Background image changes to image not on my PC - Similar Threads - Background image changes

2. Wallpaper/background image changes when I double-click an image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wallpaper/background image changes when I double-click an image: When I double click an image in my files, it becomes my desktop wallpaper. I have tried looking for a shortcuts area to change this setting, but I can't find anywhere. Can someone help me change this setting please? I am finding it incredibly annoying to keep changing my...
  3. Wallpaper/background image changes when I double-click an image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wallpaper/background image changes when I double-click an image: When I double click an image in my files, it becomes my desktop wallpaper. I have tried looking for a shortcuts area to change this setting, but I can't find anywhere. Can someone help me change this setting please? I am finding it incredibly annoying to keep changing my...
  4. Wallpaper/background image changes when I double-click an image

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows background image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows background image: I have got used to Windows resetting the background image after an update which is just an annoyance.But it also defaults to picking some random images from my recent pictures before I log in and uses them.What if it found some "private" images on the computer and they were...
  6. Background image Problem

Background image Problem: I have a problem where only in my screen i get like a "transparent" image above all my open program , i cant get a screenshot bc in the screenshot people cant see it,is like a normal photo ,but in my screen is like a image i can see through of a youtube page....
  7. Background keeps changing to weird images

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Background keeps changing to weird images: For the last few days, windows has decided that it will change my desktop background all by itself. It doesn't matter that I have the background set to picture, and not slideshow, windows has simply decided it will take some random images from the internet somewhere (I...
  8. Background Image

Background Image: My laptop changed the background image by itself with my PC's one. I installed Windows 10 from there website on my new PC and reinstalled the same Windows on my laptop. I connected on both devices on my Microsoft Account. However I did this a few weeks ago and my laptop's...
  9. Microsoft Background Image

Microsoft Background Image: Hi All, Have been asked if it is possible to utilise the Background image within Windows 10 as a type of notice board within an office of multiple users. In short want to know if there is a way to have a single user be able to edit a file/image and have it appear on all...
  10. Background Images keeps changing

Background Images keeps changing: How do I keep the background from changing periodically? Thanks 121373