Windows 10: Background Intelligence Transfer Service will not start.

Discus and support Background Intelligence Transfer Service will not start. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I first came across this issue when my Microsoft Store wasn't working as it should. Naturally, I looked it up and it led me to Windows Update. Turns... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Lukeghabril, May 28, 2019.

1. Background Intelligence Transfer Service will not start.

I first came across this issue when my Microsoft Store wasn't working as it should. Naturally, I looked it up and it led me to Windows Update. Turns out that wasn't working, so I looked that up as well. That led me to find out that Background Intelligence Transfer Service was not working accordingly. Now, I have tried (In services.msc) setting it to automatic, but It just kept reverting back to manual. The service was also stopped, and would immediately stop whenever I tried to manually start it. I then tried to login in the next tab in properties, logged in, tried to start it, and got the error message 1069. I'm here now.

:)

Lukeghabril, May 28, 2019
  2. Jan Del Win User

Gaming Lag and Background Intelligence Transfer Service (BITS)

Let's try disabling the Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) via Command Prompt by following the steps below:

• Open Command Prompt.
    • Run/type msconfig.
    • Click on Services tab.
    • Remove check mark on Background Intelligent Transfer Service.
    • Click on Apply.
    • Restart your computer.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, May 28, 2019
  3. Jay Jap Win User
    Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Hello Kerry,

TMP files are temporary files that are created to temporarily hold data on your computer while you are using a specific software application. Since it is just a temporary files, it is safe to say that there are no consequences when you delete.

I suggest that you use the Disk cleanup tool to delete the temporary files. Here's how:

1. Press the Windows key on your keyboard and type Disk cleanup in the search box and hit
      Enter.
    2. Under Files to delete, select the file types to get rid of. To get a description of the file type, select it.
    3. Select OK.

If you want to temporarily disable the Background Intelligent Transfer Service to manually delete the said file, just follow these steps.

1. Press the Windows key on your keyboard and type Services in the search box and hit Enter.
    2. In the Services window, look for and right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and choose Properties.
    3. If you want to stop it from running, just hit the Stop button under
      Service Status, but if you want to disable it, change the option in
      Startup type to Disabled, hit Apply, then
      OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Jay Jap, May 28, 2019
  4. Background Intelligence Transfer Service will not start.

jheysenpickaboo, May 28, 2019
Thema:

Background Intelligence Transfer Service will not start.

1. Background Intelligence Transfer Service will not start. - Similar Threads - Background Intelligence Transfer

2. Background intelligence service is not starting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Background intelligence service is not starting: I have tried troubleshooting windows update, running sfc and dism commands, but nothing worked. Some errors were found after troubleshooting windows update, they are "service registration is missing or corrupt" . After running dism command , it found errors in wof driver....
  3. Background Intelligent Transfer Service Query

Background Intelligent Transfer Service Query: Hi,Is it normal behaviour for the Background Intelligent Transfer service to change from "Manual" to "Auto" and vice-versa on Windows Server? This appears to be consitently every 10 minutes or so....
  4. What is background intelligent transfer service?

What is background intelligent transfer service?: What is background intelligent transfer service? My PC acts someone is using it. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-background-intelligent-transfer-service/11ed2778-5c06-4be0-afe0-b4fa40a89b0c
  5. Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Background Intelligent Transfer Service: If windows update comes, i will put background intelligent transfer service in manual, automatic or automatic delayed start? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-intelligent-transfer-service/c266331d-b37e-4d66-bbf9-b8e1ebef1a21
  6. Background Intelligent Transfer Service

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Background Intelligent Transfer Service: If windows update comes, i will put background intelligent transfer service in manual, automatic or automatic delayed start? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-intelligent-transfer-service/c266331d-b37e-4d66-bbf9-b8e1ebef1a21
  7. Background Intelligent Transfer Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Cannot start Background Intelligent Transfer Service

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot start Background Intelligent Transfer Service: My laptop's hard drive got replaced with a new one recently, and it cannot update windows automatically0x8007042c. When I go to services and open Properties in Background Intelligent Transfer Service its status is "stopped". When I start it again it just stops after a few...
  9. Background Intelligent Transfer Service

in Windows 10 Support
    Background Intelligent Transfer Service: I hope this is where I post this if not I'm sorry. I have windows 10 and the last version of 2004. I noticed when I use google chrome or Microsoft Edge the background intelligent transfer service comes on. But when I exit the browser the background intelligent transfer...
  10. Background Intelligence Transfer Service will not start.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Background Intelligence Transfer Service will not start.: I first came across this issue when my Microsoft Store wasn't working as it should. Naturally, I looked it up and it led me to Windows Update. Turns out that wasn't working, so I looked that up as well. That led me to find out that Background Intelligence Transfer Service was...