Windows 10: Background Intelligent Transfer service BITS data comsumption

Discus and support Background Intelligent Transfer service BITS data comsumption in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've been noticing that BITS is consuming a lot of data. I'm on a metered connection and I only have limited data. I want to know what is the size of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by piyushraj707, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Background Intelligent Transfer service BITS data comsumption

I've been noticing that BITS is consuming a lot of data. I'm on a metered connection and I only have limited data. I want to know what is the size of the file that the application is trying to download.

:)

piyushraj707, Dec 18, 2020
  2. Jan Del Win User

Gaming Lag and Background Intelligence Transfer Service (BITS)

Let's try disabling the Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) via Command Prompt by following the steps below:

• Open Command Prompt.
    • Run/type msconfig.
    • Click on Services tab.
    • Remove check mark on Background Intelligent Transfer Service.
    • Click on Apply.
    • Restart your computer.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Dec 18, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Dec 18, 2020
  4. cru59 Win User

Background Intelligent Transfer service BITS data comsumption

Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) service will not start

Tried to start Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) service in local services got the message

could not start error code 2147024894. Event log for Bits-client says event ID 16392

cru59, Dec 18, 2020
Thema:

Background Intelligent Transfer service BITS data comsumption

1. Background Intelligent Transfer service BITS data comsumption - Similar Threads - Background Intelligent Transfer

2. What is background intelligent transfer service?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is background intelligent transfer service?: What is background intelligent transfer service? My PC acts someone is using it. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-background-intelligent-transfer-service/11ed2778-5c06-4be0-afe0-b4fa40a89b0c
  3. Background Intelligent Transfer Service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Background Intelligent Transfer Service: If windows update comes, i will put background intelligent transfer service in manual, automatic or automatic delayed start? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-intelligent-transfer-service/c266331d-b37e-4d66-bbf9-b8e1ebef1a21
  4. Background Intelligent Transfer Service

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Background Intelligent Transfer Service: If windows update comes, i will put background intelligent transfer service in manual, automatic or automatic delayed start? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-intelligent-transfer-service/c266331d-b37e-4d66-bbf9-b8e1ebef1a21
  5. Background Intelligent Transfer Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Background Intelligent Service BITS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Background Intelligent Service BITS: Hey, so i have a bit of a problem with BITS When i reinstall my Windows, its working fine, running till i stop it. After i restart my pc BITS will stop after 2 minutes of running. I checked the services and every time when I set it to Automatic and then start it, it will stop...
  7. Background Intelligent Transfer Service

in Windows 10 Support
    Background Intelligent Transfer Service: I hope this is where I post this if not I'm sorry. I have windows 10 and the last version of 2004. I noticed when I use google chrome or Microsoft Edge the background intelligent transfer service comes on. But when I exit the browser the background intelligent transfer...
  8. Background Intelligence Transfer Service will not start.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Background Intelligence Transfer Service will not start.: I first came across this issue when my Microsoft Store wasn't working as it should. Naturally, I looked it up and it led me to Windows Update. Turns out that wasn't working, so I looked that up as well. That led me to find out that Background Intelligence Transfer Service was...
  9. Using Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) from .NET

in Windows 10 News
    Using Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) from .NET: About BITS and downloading and uploading files Programs nowadays often need to download files and data from the internet – maybe they need new content, new configurations, or the latest updates. The Windows Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) is an easy way for...
  10. Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) - does it need to run?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) - does it need to run?: With me, for some reason, the Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) is set to manual and column 'Status' (Services) is blanc. I, myself, did not touch the settings of this service, so, likely it is done by 'something else', don't know what. Windows performance...