Windows 10: Background keeps turning black when highlighting

Discus and support Background keeps turning black when highlighting in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. Recently my desktop background has been going black whenever i highlight thing and drag my curser across my desktop screen. I have a video... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BraedenFrankhouser, Mar 27, 2021.

1. Background keeps turning black when highlighting

Hello. Recently my desktop background has been going black whenever i highlight thing and drag my curser across my desktop screen. I have a video attached showing it happening. The only fix i have found is by going into task manager and restarting file explorer, but that fix is only temporary because it happens a short while after doing that. Background keeps turning black when highlighting 06d650f3-9df7-4ec9-84ba-76cc9d796b67?upload=true.jpg

:)

BraedenFrankhouser, Mar 27, 2021
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Desktop background gone black after a few minutes of use on laptop.

Hello,

Desktop background and taskbar going black could be due to software conflicts.

We would like to know some information to better assist you with your concern:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you get any error messages or error codes?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try to check if the "Show Windows Background" option is turned on. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings in the Start menu.
    • Go to Ease of Access, then on the left side, click
      Other options.
    • Turn on Show Windows Background and check if it works.

We will wait for your reply.

Remon Ont, Mar 27, 2021
  3. frudrew Win User
    Theme Background keeps turning to black and not retaining settings

Hi Theme Background keeps turning to black after about 10 minutes and no matter how many times you reset it it is continuing to turn back to black after about 10 minutes and not retaining settings.

Have tried most of the things on the internet. Any ideas on how to solves this?

Thanks

frudrew, Mar 27, 2021
  4. Background keeps turning black when highlighting

Marivel Man, Mar 27, 2021
Thema:

Background keeps turning black when highlighting

1. Background keeps turning black when highlighting - Similar Threads - Background keeps turning

2. Background keeps turning black when highlighting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Background keeps turning black when highlighting: When I click and hold left mouse button and drag my mouse across the screen it makes a black outline. I have updated my graphics drivers I have reset my graphics card and I have re-seated my graphics card and the problem still persists. Any help?...
  3. Background keeps turning black when highlighting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Background keeps turning black when highlighting: When I click and hold left mouse button and drag my mouse across the screen it makes a black outline. I have updated my graphics drivers I have reset my graphics card and I have re-seated my graphics card and the problem still persists. Any help?...
  4. Background keeps turning black when highlighting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Desktop turning Black when highlighting Desktop apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop turning Black when highlighting Desktop apps: Hi,I've been having trouble with Windows 10 and apps in general. I've had an issue with my desktop turning black occasionally when I highlight applications i.e if I select my whole desktop background will turn black. I've troubleshooted a little bit but haven't found a...
  6. Desktop turning Black when highlighting Desktop apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop turning Black when highlighting Desktop apps: Hi,I've been having trouble with Windows 10 and apps in general. I've had an issue with my desktop turning black occasionally when I highlight applications i.e if I select my whole desktop background will turn black. I've troubleshooted a little bit but haven't found a...
  7. Desktop turning Black when highlighting Desktop apps

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. My desktop background keeps turning black

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My desktop background keeps turning black: I've been having this problem for like a month now, my desktop background kept turning black, it did that for a week, for example every time I hovered over an icon it turned black, or sometimes the whole thing would just go back, then I updated my GeForce experience drivers...
  9. Background keeps going black.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Background keeps going black.: Every so often while I am at my computer, my desktop background will go black. Before this happens I have noticed that if I highlight anything on the back ground it will make that area black. I haven’t changed any settings recently that would make this happen. Restarting my...
  10. Icons and Background turn black?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons and Background turn black?: I have an ASUS TUF GAMING FX504 Series laptop, which I got about a year and a half ago. Over the past couple months, sometimes when I hover over an icon, it turns black. If I highlight my desktop, that turns black too. Why does this happen and how can I fix this?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 background turns black and comes back