Windows 10: Background noise

Discus and support Background noise in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, gang, here's my new problem. I'm getting what sounds like background music from my speakers even when I'm not online. I tried the troubleshooter on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Amadeus51, Feb 26, 2016.

1. Amadeus51 Win User

Background noise

Hi, gang, here's my new problem. I'm getting what sounds like background music from my speakers even when I'm not online. I tried the troubleshooter on the sound, but it didn't help. any ideas what needs to be done?

:)

Amadeus51, Feb 26, 2016

2. noise in the background when using headset online

Hey there,

I have a problem with headphones I bought where everytime I have a tab with a video open in my browser, I have a white noise/static buzz in the background. As soon as I close the tab, the noise goes away. Any ideas?

Thanks

original title: White noise in background

VinceyLohan, Feb 26, 2016
  3. gliew_87 Win User
    Nokia N78 firmware update

i still having loudspeaker calling background noise. i call two people. one hear not so noise and another one very noise. anyone hav such prob?

gliew_87, Feb 26, 2016
  4. b1rd Win User

Background noise

Hi Amadeus51,

I'm not very knowledgeable with electronics, but is there a chance that it's some type of bleed over from another source? If you're not online, I'm not sure what else could be playing "background music," unless you have some software that's doing that, such as some type of a media player running that you might not be aware of- which I doubt.

I suppose another thing might be to so a search for all of your sound files and see if anything stands out that way.

5. Hi Amadeus51,

I helped my wife fix a problem like this, and what we discovered was happening was that the speaker wires were acting like an antenna for radio signals! You can buy some ferrite choke elements that fit around the speaker wires that will fix this online or at a Radio Shack®.

DaveGrant01, Feb 26, 2016
  6. Amadeus51 Win User
    It does sound somewhat like radio traffic, but I'm not using any other devices. It just started doing it a couple of days ago.

Amadeus51, Feb 26, 2016
  7. Yes, for speakers and their attached wiring to act like a radio receiver does not require that any other devices are nearby or connected. There are plenty of 'free' radio frequency airwaves all around us.

DaveGrant01, Feb 26, 2016
  8. CountMike New Member

Background noise

I had an electric space heater play radio station for few days.

CountMike, Feb 26, 2016
  9. Rocky Win User
    Sounds like RF interference. You need to check all of your electrical wires in the house. You can buy RF filters and that might help. A UPS system also helps.

Rocky, Feb 26, 2016
  10. Amadeus51 Win User
    Sorry for the delay getting back. a change in my work schedule and a very bad chest cold made for a tough weekend. The noise seems to have stopped on it's own. Seems to me I had the same problem from time to time with my old computer too. Thanks for the advice. I'll shut this thread down.

Amadeus51, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Background noise

1. Background noise - Similar Threads - Background noise

2. Background noise getting filtered out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Background noise getting filtered out: I have an HP laptop with Windows 11. When my daughter participates in her music lessons over Zoom using my laptop, it filters out the sound of her guitar so her music teacher can hear her sing but no guitar sound. When I participate in Zoom meetings, anyone else in the room...
  3. Background noise getting filtered out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Background noise getting filtered out: I have an HP laptop with Windows 11. When my daughter participates in her music lessons over Zoom using my laptop, it filters out the sound of her guitar so her music teacher can hear her sing but no guitar sound. When I participate in Zoom meetings, anyone else in the room...
  4. Voice Access - Background Noise Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Voice Access - Background Noise Issue: So I've been using Voice Access for my Windows 11 Pro laptop for a couple months due to RSI issues with my hands. If I'm WFH it's fine, but if I'm in the office, it's near-impossible to use if anyone's talking, as it ends up dictating what they're saying or cancelling the...
  5. Voice Access - Background Noise Issue

Voice Access - Background Noise Issue: So I've been using Voice Access for my Windows 11 Pro laptop for a couple months due to RSI issues with my hands. If I'm WFH it's fine, but if I'm in the office, it's near-impossible to use if anyone's talking, as it ends up dictating what they're saying or cancelling the...
  6. Experiencing a background beep noise with double bleep about every 10 seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Experiencing a background beep noise with double bleep about every 10 seconds: I'm quite suddenly experiencing a background noise similar to the beeping you hear when connecting hardware - a double bleep about every 10 seconds. it told me that the usb i connected is unrecognized and to connect it again but nothing is happening. im not sure if it's...
  7. Experiencing a background beep noise with double bleep about every 10 seconds

Experiencing a background beep noise with double bleep about every 10 seconds: I'm quite suddenly experiencing a background noise similar to the beeping you hear when connecting hardware - a double bleep about every 10 seconds. it told me that the usb i connected is unrecognized and to connect it again but nothing is happening. im not sure if it's...
  8. bruit et voix de fond dans mon PC navigateur fermé / background noise and voices in my PC...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bruit et voix de fond dans mon PC navigateur fermé / background noise and voices in my PC...: Bonjour,je suis sous window 11, depuis 1 mois, j'ai des voix et des sons venant de mon PC qui se déclenche à n'importe quel moment j'ai identifié que cela vient d'Asie. Je suis obligé d'éteindre mon PC mais ils peuvent revenir à n'importe quel instant.J'ai fais toutes les...
  9. bruit et voix de fond dans mon PC navigateur fermé / background noise and voices in my PC...

bruit et voix de fond dans mon PC navigateur fermé / background noise and voices in my PC...: Bonjour,je suis sous window 11, depuis 1 mois, j'ai des voix et des sons venant de mon PC qui se déclenche à n'importe quel moment j'ai identifié que cela vient d'Asie. Je suis obligé d'éteindre mon PC mais ils peuvent revenir à n'importe quel instant.J'ai fais toutes les...
  10. Issues with background noises/music being filtered out when watching videos or making calls...

Issues with background noises/music being filtered out when watching videos or making calls...: I'm having problems on Windows 11 where if I'm watching a movie or other videos, the background music and other sounds appear to be filtered out similar issues happen when on a voice/video call. I've tried disabling the 'audio enhancements' in the sound settings as I saw this...