Windows 10: Background noise

Discus and support Background noise in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, gang, here's my new problem. I'm getting what sounds like background music from my speakers even when I'm not online. I tried the troubleshooter on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Amadeus51, Feb 26, 2016.

1. Amadeus51 Win User

Background noise

Hi, gang, here's my new problem. I'm getting what sounds like background music from my speakers even when I'm not online. I tried the troubleshooter on the sound, but it didn't help. any ideas what needs to be done?

:)

Amadeus51, Feb 26, 2016

2. noise in the background when using headset online

Hey there,

I have a problem with headphones I bought where everytime I have a tab with a video open in my browser, I have a white noise/static buzz in the background. As soon as I close the tab, the noise goes away. Any ideas?

Thanks

original title: White noise in background

VinceyLohan, Feb 26, 2016
  3. gliew_87 Win User
    Nokia N78 firmware update

i still having loudspeaker calling background noise. i call two people. one hear not so noise and another one very noise. anyone hav such prob?

gliew_87, Feb 26, 2016
  4. b1rd Win User

Background noise

Hi Amadeus51,

I'm not very knowledgeable with electronics, but is there a chance that it's some type of bleed over from another source? If you're not online, I'm not sure what else could be playing "background music," unless you have some software that's doing that, such as some type of a media player running that you might not be aware of- which I doubt.

I suppose another thing might be to so a search for all of your sound files and see if anything stands out that way.

5. Hi Amadeus51,

I helped my wife fix a problem like this, and what we discovered was happening was that the speaker wires were acting like an antenna for radio signals! You can buy some ferrite choke elements that fit around the speaker wires that will fix this online or at a Radio Shack®.

DaveGrant01, Feb 26, 2016
  6. Amadeus51 Win User
    It does sound somewhat like radio traffic, but I'm not using any other devices. It just started doing it a couple of days ago.

Amadeus51, Feb 26, 2016
  7. Yes, for speakers and their attached wiring to act like a radio receiver does not require that any other devices are nearby or connected. There are plenty of 'free' radio frequency airwaves all around us.

DaveGrant01, Feb 26, 2016
  8. CountMike New Member

Background noise

I had an electric space heater play radio station for few days.

CountMike, Feb 26, 2016
  9. Rocky Win User
    Sounds like RF interference. You need to check all of your electrical wires in the house. You can buy RF filters and that might help. A UPS system also helps.

Rocky, Feb 26, 2016
  10. Amadeus51 Win User
    Sorry for the delay getting back. a change in my work schedule and a very bad chest cold made for a tough weekend. The noise seems to have stopped on it's own. Seems to me I had the same problem from time to time with my old computer too. Thanks for the advice. I'll shut this thread down.

Amadeus51, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Background noise

1. Background noise - Similar Threads - Background noise

2. audio No dialog voice only background noises

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    audio No dialog voice only background noises: any video i play on windows There is only background noises but i dont hear people talking at all, how do i fix this? i tried to reinstall drivers and updating and troubleshooting but none of those helped me EDIT: movies work just fine on chrome/youtube or whatever, but they...
  3. I get bunch of background noises when I record!

I get bunch of background noises when I record!: Hello, I have a problem that whenever I record there is a lot of background sound and I cant fix it. I tried the trick by going into the enhancement tab in the recording section in the sound control panel but the enhancement doesn't show up. I even tried to download Realtech...
  4. Visual noise, certain parts of the background wallpaper have pixelated distortions, and in...

Visual noise, certain parts of the background wallpaper have pixelated distortions, and in...: Hi, So i recently upgraded my computer case, power suply and graphics card. I had first upgraded the case and psu and everything seemed normal. Then a week later I finally received my gpu and i installed it. Everything ok until I noticed shadow grid like textures in Call of...
  5. Windows 10 game bar picking up background noise and air flow

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 game bar picking up background noise and air flow: Whenever I use discord it automatically cuts out anything besides my voice. However whenever I playback my recording from the game bar it has lots of just air flow. It is kinda difficult to hear myself and it isn't very pleasant either. I don't know if this just means I need...
  6. Feedback or background noise from PC audio out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Feedback or background noise from PC audio out: Recently my computer speakers started "humming". The hum is white or pink noise , not the 60 cycle hum you might hear in professional audio gear that are not properly grounded I have unplugged every device to isolate the source of the noise. It is definitely the PC....
  7. Static/Background noise during phone call using Your Phone app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Static/Background noise during phone call using Your Phone app: As the title says, there's a bunch of static when doing that, even though I have a dedicated headset with mic which rarely if ever gives static when using video conferencing and such from my PC. My question is, how do I stop this, or failing that, is it possible to change the...
  8. static noise in background only when wifi connected; someone spying?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    static noise in background only when wifi connected; someone spying?: Whenever I connect to wifi, I hear some static or white noise in the background that persists at random times, turning off and on. I hear it on my headphones. When I disconnect from wifi, the sound desists completely. Some hours when I connect to wifi, that sound doesn't...
  9. static noise in background when connect to wifi

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    static noise in background when connect to wifi: Whenever I connect to wifi, I hear some static or white noise in the background that persists at random times, turning off and on. I hear it on my headphones. When I disconnect from wifi, the sound desists completely. Is windows spying on me, is a hacker spying on me?...
  10. Can't get rid of background noise

Can't get rid of background noise: I'm trying to get rid of background noise in my headset but I don't see Beam Forming, AEC, Keystroke Suppression, etc in the enhancements tab. I only have disable, personal call, and conference call. My audio drivers are up-to-date too, so I'm not sure whats wrong....