Windows 10: Background on my file storage is black, how can I change it back?

Discus and support Background on my file storage is black, how can I change it back? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The background is black on my file storage, I believe this happened after an update. How do I change it back? [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JamesMcNaught, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Background on my file storage is black, how can I change it back?

The background is black on my file storage, I believe this happened after an update. How do I change it back?

Background on my file storage is black, how can I change it back? 23a41037-2134-43c7-be94-8fc7b0930a07?upload=true.png

:)

JamesMcNaught, Feb 3, 2019

2. changing the background images

Hi,

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• Have you made any changes on the computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you referring to desktop background image or lock screen image?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the background picture and check if it helps.

• In the search type as ‘Settings’ and click on it.
    • Select ‘Personalization’, under ‘Background’ option select as ‘Picture’.
    • Under ‘Choose your picture’ select any picture accordingly or you can browse the picture from your computer.

You may refer to the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17144/windows-10-change-desktop-background

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Feb 3, 2019
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Desktop background gone black after a few minutes of use on laptop.

Hello,

Desktop background and taskbar going black could be due to software conflicts.

We would like to know some information to better assist you with your concern:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you get any error messages or error codes?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try to check if the "Show Windows Background" option is turned on. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings in the Start menu.
    • Go to Ease of Access, then on the left side, click
      Other options.
    • Turn on Show Windows Background and check if it works.

We will wait for your reply.

Remon Ont, Feb 3, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Background on my file storage is black, how can I change it back?

Using Paint to Write Yellon on a Black Background

Hi Kenneth,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it help.

• Open Paint.

• Under Home Tab, Click on Fill with color.

• Select the black color, and now click on blank page below.

• Now the background will be in black color.

• Select Brushes under Home tab and select yellow color.

• Then you will be able to write word and Figures in yellow color.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Feb 3, 2019
Thema:

Background on my file storage is black, how can I change it back?

1. Background on my file storage is black, how can I change it back? - Similar Threads - Background file storage

2. my computer screen is now white letters on black background - how do I change back to black...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer screen is now white letters on black background - how do I change back to black...: My computer screen is white letters on black background. How do I change back to black letters on white background? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-screen-is-now-white-letters-on-black/38701c05-e5d1-40d2-b78a-0b71f1ae8f4c
  3. my computer screen is now white letters on black background - how do I change back to black...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my computer screen is now white letters on black background - how do I change back to black...: My computer screen is white letters on black background. How do I change back to black letters on white background? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-screen-is-now-white-letters-on-black/38701c05-e5d1-40d2-b78a-0b71f1ae8f4c
  4. my computer screen is now white letters on black background - how do I change back to black...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I can not change my background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can not change my background: I have tried all the 3 steps that are given on your website and I don't know what to do anymore. When I select a new wallpaper it comes on my screen for 2 seconds and then changes back to the old one....
  6. I can not change my background

I can not change my background: I have tried all the 3 steps that are given on your website and I don't know what to do anymore. When I select a new wallpaper it comes on my screen for 2 seconds and then changes back to the old one....
  7. How can I change my wallpaper background?

How can I change my wallpaper background?: How can I change my wallpaper background? My laptop is currently member of a domain and we have a wallpaper policy implemented. When I used my laptop outside of our network, the wallpaper turned black....
  8. How can I change my wallpaper background?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change my wallpaper background?: How can I change my wallpaper background? My laptop is currently member of a domain and we have a wallpaper policy implemented. When I used my laptop outside of our network, the wallpaper turned black....
  9. How can I change my wallpaper background?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  10. How to change black background back to an image in Windows 10?

How to change black background back to an image in Windows 10?: I changed my Windows 10 background from an image to a black background. How do I revert back to an image? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-black-background-back-to-an-image-in/a77deecb-6e82-4104-ab18-00ceaf42e1f0