Windows 10: background on tile screen.

Discus and support background on tile screen. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How do I get a clear background picture behind the tiles now the tiles are clear but the background is shaded.?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by oldracer, Jul 10, 2019.

1. oldracer Win User

background on tile screen.

How do I get a clear background picture behind the tiles now the tiles are clear but the background is shaded.?

:)

oldracer, Jul 10, 2019

2. How do you see the Pictures tile background image?

These steps will change the background of the tile:

• Open up pictures by clicking the tile
    • in the pictures screen (which says all, date and favorites) tap and hold until a window pops up
    • Choose Change background
    • Select the desired picture form synced pictures or camera roll
    • Position the square exactly how you would like to the picture to appear (it's the size of the "pictures tile")
    • When done select the tick to acknowledge on the bottom of the screen
    • Return to your home screen and check the pictures tile background on tile screen. :)

Dieter Wijckmans, Jul 10, 2019
  3. Background applications

Hi Robert,

We understand that you don't want some apps to run on the background of your computer. What we suggest is to
    control which apps are allowed to run in the background. To see which apps have permission, just follow the below steps:

• Open the Start menu or Start screen and select “Settings.”
    • Click or tap the “Privacy” icon in the Settings.
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the list and select “Background apps.”
    • You’ll see a list of apps that have permission to run in the background with an “On/Off” toggle.
    Just bear in mind that, apps normally run in the background to update their live tiles, download new data, and receive notifications. If you want an app to continue performing these functions, you should allow it to continue running in
    the background.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Jul 10, 2019
  4. Aakster Win User

Give Office 2016 Start Menu Tiles Colored Backgrounds

After upgrading to Office 2016, I have noticed that the start menu tiles lost their colorful backgrounds and were reverted back to the accent color. Here is how to fix that so the tiles have colored backgrounds.

This guide shows you go to go from this:
    Attachment 113103
    To this:
    Attachment 113105

Step 1
    Navigate to your Start Menu folder
    Typically can be found at: "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"

Step 2
    Find the shortcut for one of the Office suite apps and rename it to anything you want.

Step 3
    Reopen the Start Menu, the page will refresh and the tile will now be colored (assuming you have pinned it on the front page)

Step 4 (Optional)
    Rename the shortcut back to its original name, the tile will still remain colored.

Enjoy *Wink

Aakster, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

1. background on tile screen. - Similar Threads - background tile screen

2. Desktop background image fit "tile" not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop background image fit "tile" not working: I had set my desktop background quite a while ago and did not change it. Now it does not work as it did before. There was not even a manual Windows update involved. Now the "tile" option in the "fit" setting shows the same result as the "span" option.To clarify: I have...
  3. Desktop background image fit "tile" not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop background image fit "tile" not working: I had set my desktop background quite a while ago and did not change it. Now it does not work as it did before. There was not even a manual Windows update involved. Now the "tile" option in the "fit" setting shows the same result as the "span" option.To clarify: I have...
  4. Regarding Background of the tiles in start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Regarding Background of the tiles in start menu: Hello everyone ! I had a small issue with the bacground colour of a tile of 'Google Chrome' in my sart menu. Sometime pictures explain problems better than words so here's how it look's like. Please tell me how can i change the background of this tile and make it match with...
  5. 20H2 Start Menu App Tiles Background Color

20H2 Start Menu App Tiles Background Color: So after updating to 20H2 the default color of app tiles in the Start Menu changed. Previously, things looked like the Theme settings preview (see first image). Now, however, App Tiles are just Dark Gray on a Black background. I know that it is possible to have different...
  6. Background image not displaying behind tiles

Background image not displaying behind tiles: Hi, so, I had a lovely photo for my background on my windows 10 laptop. After an update the image behind the tiles was still present, but became faded, like washed out. I was fine ish with this, although I would have preferred my nice bright image back, but then, a few...
  7. Tiles on Start screen

Tiles on Start screen: The tiles in the Start screen have gone from clean, efficient layout to all over the place and I don't know why. How can I get them back to display in an orderly fashion? Everything that I tried fails to solve the issue. HELP, please & thank you JC...
  8. start screen (with tiles on it)

start screen (with tiles on it): My start screen has all my tiles on it and the back ground will change colors but when I open it to full screen view the back ground goes black. I have toggled tablet mode on and off and I have change from picture to slide show and I have enlarged the tiles but to no avail...
  9. Windows 10 background reverting to picture and tiled fit

Windows 10 background reverting to picture and tiled fit: Windows 10 background reverting to picture from slideshow as well as tiled fit instead of just "fit". This happens throughout the day and not after a reboot/restart....
  10. Multiple Tiled Images Desktop Background

Multiple Tiled Images Desktop Background: Hello all, Ive hit a bit of a puzzle and was wondering if anyone can help. I Have a dual monitor setup, one landscape 27inch monitor and one portrait 24 inch monitor. I have custom backgrounds on my desktop but the portrait monitor has black bits top and bottom. I know that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. background to tiles screen