Windows 10: Background partially grayed out

Discus and support Background partially grayed out in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,Most of the background has been grayed out except a portion in the middle. Has anyone seen this before?I have gone through the settings and so far... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by GaryMonk, Mar 18, 2022.

1. GaryMonk Win User

Background partially grayed out

Hi,Most of the background has been grayed out except a portion in the middle. Has anyone seen this before?I have gone through the settings and so far nothing has fixed the problem. I know that monitor and graphic cards can do some strange things but this seems to be too exact.Any help would be appreciated.Thanks,Gary

:)

GaryMonk, Mar 18, 2022
  2. simrick Win User

Gray background active windows - does it exist yet?

Hi mousegolf.
    We have a theme thread and some of the guys are really good at changing colors around the system. Of course, there are some areas that are like "snap-ins" and are fixed, but you'll see in their themes, you can accomplish a lot.
    Solved Windows 10 Themes created by Ten Forums members - Windows 10 Forums

The list is in the first post. Hope that helps.

EDIT: You can see an example here:
    Solved Windows 10 Themes created by Ten Forums members - Page 164 - Windows 10 Forums

simrick, Mar 18, 2022
  3. mousegolf Win User
    Gray background active windows - does it exist yet?

You are talking about Windows Desktop Background colors. I am talking about File Explorer (Folder) background colors. This is how it looks in Windows 7. This is what I want it to be in Windows 10.

Background partially grayed out [​IMG]

You have tried twice, thank you. Now please do not post another suggestion. Allow another user who knows the answer to post a reply.

mousegolf, Mar 18, 2022
  4. Background partially grayed out

"Gray Screen of Death"

Thanks for your informative post!

I had solved my 2D & gray screen issue using advice posted by erocker (see below)
    Mainly it involves creating a profile and putting higher 2D clocks:

Black Panther, Mar 18, 2022
Thema:

Background partially grayed out

1. Background partially grayed out - Similar Threads - Background partially grayed

2. Background partially grayed out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Background partially grayed out: Hi,Most of the background has been grayed out except a portion in the middle. Has anyone seen this before?I have gone through the settings and so far nothing has fixed the problem. I know that monitor and graphic cards can do some strange things but this seems to be too...
  3. Background partially grayed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Background partially grayed out: Hi,Most of the background has been grayed out except a portion in the middle. Has anyone seen this before?I have gone through the settings and so far nothing has fixed the problem. I know that monitor and graphic cards can do some strange things but this seems to be too...
  4. autorotation grayed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    autorotation grayed out: my hp elitebook has its autorotation grayed out, i have tried every possible method mentioned online that i found, it has benn like this for months. i did the regerdit method where i make the 0 value to 1 in Enable and in LastOrientation, but when i reboot as it is advised...
  5. Background Slide Show only partially showing

Background Slide Show only partially showing: Hi! I have just recently been trying to create a slide show for my desktop background, but only some of the photos will show, and before the certain photos that won't show wont respond to any action with the 'next desktop background' or 'personalize'. After waiting a while...
  6. Printer grayed out

Printer grayed out: Hello,I’m new user of windows 10, and I tried to install a printer and it’s connected via Ethernet LAN, but the windows keep add it as a grayed out icon, and it didn’t give me the opportunity to define the ip port number since the icon is already gray and it seems as if it’s...
  7. Gray color spot background

Gray color spot background: Hi, can you help me? When I havebackground in the picture below. Does anyone know what to do with it? a window reduced from maximization, I have such a gray [ATTACH]...
  8. Partial Gray Scale Issue after 20H2 Update

Partial Gray Scale Issue after 20H2 Update: I always keep my Acer Spin updated and on Friday Oct 23 I loaded 20H2 on my up to date device. The update seemed to go well and my device seems to be working properly. My issue is primarily on the Start Screen with the tiles. It has gone to Gray Scale and I can't get it back....
  9. Gray background of application changes to black.

Gray background of application changes to black.: Hello all, I need some help. My window background changes to black. I try to change it back but I cannot. Please see screenshots below for illustration. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Any idea to change background back to gray as usual? Thanks in advance...
  10. Rotation Lock Grayed Out

Rotation Lock Grayed Out: Hi all, I have a 2017 HP Spectre x360 with Windows 10 Home. Everything works great, except I can't rotation lock. WIN+O doesn't do anything. The display does rotate if I turn the device, but I want to be able to lock it. I can manaully change the option in Display...