Windows 10: Background pattern glitch?

Discus and support Background pattern glitch? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I'm new to windows, so most of the errors I get are generally confusing to solve, but this one I can't figure out. The background image I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/weissmoney, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Background pattern glitch?

Background pattern glitch? LQtFvLOh2GJU712xu-gAMoyv1Atl_H4nchujfLlaVe0.jpg

I'm new to windows, so most of the errors I get are generally confusing to solve, but this one I can't figure out. The background image I set often becomes obscured by this brown patterned image (screenshot below), which now persists through a shutdown. All my drivers, display, everything is up to date so I'm not exactly sure what the cause of this is. It first occurred when I launched Garry's Mod, then exited to the home page, where the screen started glitching out.

OS build: 19041.804 for reference

Top of the background is visible, the rest is covered

submitted by /u/weissmoney
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/weissmoney, Feb 22, 2021

2. Background applications

Hi Robert,

We understand that you don't want some apps to run on the background of your computer. What we suggest is to
    control which apps are allowed to run in the background. To see which apps have permission, just follow the below steps:

• Open the Start menu or Start screen and select “Settings.”
    • Click or tap the “Privacy” icon in the Settings.
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the list and select “Background apps.”
    • You’ll see a list of apps that have permission to run in the background with an “On/Off” toggle.
    Just bear in mind that, apps normally run in the background to update their live tiles, download new data, and receive notifications. If you want an app to continue performing these functions, you should allow it to continue running in
    the background.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Feb 22, 2021
  3. Resizing a pattern

Yes it is a sewing pattern. I will give these suggestions atry. Thank you

SuePowell2, Feb 22, 2021
  4. Background pattern glitch?

Weird pattern in background

So, I have a weird issue with my PC lately. When I boot my PC, my background is not there, but a weird greyish background appears with a pattern in it (see image 1). However, it shows a very small bit in the top left corner of my original background.

Background pattern glitch? Ij8Vk.png

Image 1: Pattern in the background.

Funny thing is, when I enter the Personalization settings in windows 10, It automatically sets the correct background and I do not have this issue anymore (see image). However, when I start playing a game (does not matter which one) the pattern is back again.

How do I fix this? This did not happen shortly after a driver update from my AMD GPU. Nevertheless, I did tried to downgrade my driver version. This didn't solve it sadly.

Background pattern glitch? lWzO8.png

Image 2: Overview of the desktop. Notice how the top left corner up to the center is partly showing the background image.

Background pattern glitch? gfzS2.png

Image 3: Before I click "Personalize setttingc etc" the background is still the same.

Background pattern glitch? zW1oI.jpg

Image 4: As soon as the settings are opened, the correct background is displayed.

SjonTeflon, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

Background pattern glitch?

1. Background pattern glitch? - Similar Threads - Background pattern glitch

2. chessboard pattern

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    chessboard pattern: Hi MS community,Since some days I experience on my machine some weird chessboard pattern in the explorer window and in some applications e.g. chrome browser, dropbox, etc.. See the example images attached. To my impression it does not appear deterministically. With a mouse...
  3. chessboard pattern

in Windows 10 Gaming
    chessboard pattern: Hi MS community,Since some days I experience on my machine some weird chessboard pattern in the explorer window and in some applications e.g. chrome browser, dropbox, etc.. See the example images attached. Has anyone some idea where this might come from and how to identify...
  4. chessboard pattern

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    chessboard pattern: Hi MS community,Since some days I experience on my machine some weird chessboard pattern in the explorer window and in some applications e.g. chrome browser, dropbox, etc.. See the example images attached. Has anyone some idea where this might come from and how to identify...
  5. My Desktop Background glitches

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Desktop Background glitches: Often if I just hover over Shortcuts or just normal programs or txt files the background of them turns completely black and If I then select anything from my desktop by holding the left mousebutton and drag it to the other end of my screen the parts where I hovered over turns...
  6. Weird Windows 10 background glitch

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird Windows 10 background glitch: So today while using my pc I wanted to play a game, but as soon as I launched it my background turned black. I went to settings to change it back but whenever I click on something I have like a 5 second delay, anyway after I got to the background section I tried to change it...
  7. Desktop Background Glitch

Desktop Background Glitch: Hi, I'm experiencing this strange glitch I'm assuming it's a glitch regarding my desktop background. I have two monitors, one 2560x1440p and the second 1920x1090p. I found a picture I liked and set it as my desktop background. It works for a bit, but after awhile, on my...
  8. Glitched Desktop Background Cache

Glitched Desktop Background Cache: There is a picture in my windows background settings cache. When I click on it to set as background, it sets with no problem, but I wanted to delete the picture. When I click browse, the file explorer doesn't display the image on the 5-tile "Choose your picture" pallette....
  9. Seeing these random blue patterns on some backgrounds on my external display after...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Seeing these random blue patterns on some backgrounds on my external display after...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/pratnala [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gr542l/seeing_these_random_blue_patterns_on_some/
  10. Trackpad scrolling pattern

Trackpad scrolling pattern: Usually when I am scrolling with the trackpad, the window will keep scrolling for as long as I am moving my fingers. Then sometimes it will switch and it will only scroll a certain number of lines until I let go, at which point it will sort of free scroll for a second or...