Windows 10: background photo

Discus and support background photo in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I accidentally made a photo a background image. Now I can't seem to find the original. Where is a copy stored?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by andapanda, Mar 10, 2019.

1. andapanda Win User

background photo

I accidentally made a photo a background image. Now I can't seem to find the original. Where is a copy stored?

:)

andapanda, Mar 10, 2019

2. Photos app hogging resources in background

Ian, this suggestion was posted on my other thread:

We understand that not all of users are using the Photos app on Windows 10, if not very often. If you don't want this app to be running on background when not in use, there is a way you can turn this
    off. Kindly follow the steps provided below:

• In Cortana, type Privacy Settings
      and press Enter.
    • Look for Background apps.
    • Look for Photos in the list.
    • Flip the switch to Off.
    • Restart your computer.

After you restart your computer, you can check if the Photos app is still running in background. You can use these steps to turn off any running background applications as it is not limited to Photos
    app alone. In this way, you can conserve a lot of power and process allowance.

I just followed these instructions, and now have to wait to see if it works. I'm hoping it solves your problem, too!

BarryG_961, Mar 10, 2019
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done background photo :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Mar 10, 2019
  4. background photo

Background applications

Hi Robert,

We understand that you don't want some apps to run on the background of your computer. What we suggest is to
    control which apps are allowed to run in the background. To see which apps have permission, just follow the below steps:

• Open the Start menu or Start screen and select “Settings.”
    • Click or tap the “Privacy” icon in the Settings.
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the list and select “Background apps.”
    • You’ll see a list of apps that have permission to run in the background with an “On/Off” toggle.
    Just bear in mind that, apps normally run in the background to update their live tiles, download new data, and receive notifications. If you want an app to continue performing these functions, you should allow it to continue running in
    the background.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Mar 10, 2019
Thema:

background photo

1. background photo - Similar Threads - background photo

2. How do we use google photos as a personalized background for windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do we use google photos as a personalized background for windows 11?: I have,Onedrive, 365 sub, and also google one sub.Google drive itself, is not used.I have multitude of panorama material etc, I have google photo albums that are created to sort things, enjoy, etc.My ask: How do I - point - win 11 - personalize - background anything, to a...
  3. How do we use google photos as a personalized background for windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do we use google photos as a personalized background for windows 11?: I have,Onedrive, 365 sub, and also google one sub.Google drive itself, is not used.I have multitude of panorama material etc, I have google photo albums that are created to sort things, enjoy, etc.My ask: How do I - point - win 11 - personalize - background anything, to a...
  4. Why does my photo change color when used as desktop background?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my photo change color when used as desktop background?: Dear all, can it be that Windows applies some filters or more vivid color settings to the desktop background? Can I turn this off? I have just been editing some of my own canyon pictures for wallpaper use and noticed that the photo editing software as well as the Windows...
  5. Why does my photo change color when used as desktop background?

Why does my photo change color when used as desktop background?: Dear all, can it be that Windows applies some filters or more vivid color settings to the desktop background? Can I turn this off? I have just been editing some of my own canyon pictures for wallpaper use and noticed that the photo editing software as well as the Windows...
  6. How do i add a plain background to any photos taken using my webcam?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i add a plain background to any photos taken using my webcam?: I am using a webcam to take a photos for staff passes. I want to add the same plain blue background to every photo but cannot figure out how to do it. I would prefer not to have to subscribe to something. I have about 150 photos to do it to. Any ideas?...
  7. How do i add a plain background to any photos taken using my webcam?

How do i add a plain background to any photos taken using my webcam?: I am using a webcam to take a photos for staff passes. I want to add the same plain blue background to every photo but cannot figure out how to do it. I would prefer not to have to subscribe to something. I have about 150 photos to do it to. Any ideas?...
  8. Windows 11's Photos app adds support for motion photo, background blur, search

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11's Photos app adds support for motion photo, background blur, search: The Photos app in Windows 11 is gaining a handful of new features. The new options include background blur, search and motion photo. Background Blur in Windows 11 Photos app As the name suggests, Background Blur adds a bokeh effect in photos to highlight the subject, and...
  9. Background Photo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Background Photo: Hello How Do You Change The login Photo Where You Put Your Passcode ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-photo/37e3d125-109b-4b03-9799-7cc0cfe62db7
  10. Background Photo

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background Photo: Hello How Do You Change The login Photo Where You Put Your Passcode ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-photo/37e3d125-109b-4b03-9799-7cc0cfe62db7