Windows 10: Background Picture Location

Discus and support Background Picture Location in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, I have a folder with about 2000 pics in it which I use as background pics being randomly selected. When a pic is displayed as the current... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by alig301, Dec 10, 2018.

1. alig301 Win User

Background Picture Location

Hi all,

I have a folder with about 2000 pics in it which I use as background pics being randomly selected. When a pic is displayed as the current background, is there any way to find the file in the folder. I don't want to have to scroll through each pic to find the current background pic to be able to delete it. I only have one folder where all the pics are.

I have used the ...
    %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Themes\CachedFiles

command but that only gives the cached file location, not the actual location.

Let me know if I need to provide more details.

Thanks in advance

AliG

:)

alig301, Dec 10, 2018

2. Changing the background in Windows 10 from picture foders created on the hard drive?

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response

I would suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open Desktop Background by right clicking on the desktop clicking Personalization

• Click the picture or color that you want to use for your desktop background.

• If the picture you want to use isn't in the list of desktop background pictures, click an item in the Picture location list to see other categories, or click Browse to search for the picture on your computer.
      When you find the picture that you want, double-click it. It will become your desktop background.

Hope this helps.

Waseemulla S, Dec 10, 2018
  3. mrgeek Win User
    Correct Directory Location For Pictures Folder

"Now Documents, Videos etc say file location is This PC. But Pictures file location is C:\Users\PeteyBoPetey\Pictures."

If we understand you correctly, the issue is that Pictures doesn't appear in the left panel under This PC. The correct location IS C:\Users\PeteyBoPetey\Pictures. This is only an issue of using Step 8 in the tutorial to add it back to the list. See if this screenshot is what you want to achieve- put Pictures folder back in list on L.

Background Picture Location [​IMG]

mrgeek, Dec 10, 2018
  4. WhyMe Win User

Where are the Background pictures located?

All the Windows default images are located in the folder c:\Windows\Web

Just explore the subfolders Screen, Wallpaper & 4K

Background Picture Location [​IMG]

WhyMe, Dec 10, 2018
Thema:

1. Background Picture Location - Similar Threads - Background Picture Location

2. Background picture

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background picture: I'm trying to set a picture as a background screen, and nothing works. The display resolution and the picture size are the same 1920/1080. When I choose the fill option it shows only the top side of the picture with a zoom, if I choose to center it shows the whole picture but...
  3. Background pictures

Background pictures: My background picture was gone this morning, I went to personalize under slideshow browse selected the folder with my pictures and it show nothing. went to the file folder and looked into pictures and my pictures are there. I tried different folders same thing folder is there...
  4. Background picture

Background picture: There is a text box inside my background pictures. How do I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-picture/57652c88-28a2-4335-88d1-643159511065
  5. background pictures

background pictures: I am trying to set my background picture, and ever ytime I choose one and set it its really blurry, I've tried picking a picture that is the same screen resolution size as it says in settings and that didn't help I just want to know how to fix this issue?...
  6. background pictures

background pictures: I want to have two pictures tiled side by side as my background. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-pictures/c47c0dfa-a3e3-48c2-b685-e671feeb6f24
  7. Background Picture Location

Background Picture Location: Hi all, I have a folder with about 2000 pics in it which I use as background pics being randomly selected. When a pic is displayed as the current background, is there any way to find the file in the folder. I don't want to have to scroll through each pic to find the current...
  8. Background pictures

Background pictures: Hi On Win 10, I've chosen my own background pictures (slideshow), but it keep on reverting back to the default setting of windows own selected pictures (picture). Where is this picture folder located in order to delete these pictures - not my cup of tea at all! or how...
  9. Where are the Background pictures located?

Where are the Background pictures located?: I went to settings / personalization / background and browsed to change my background picture to one that I had on my hard drive. I was not satisfied so I went back to settings / personalization / background. The original picture that I wanted, was no longer there. [img]...
  10. Background Picture

Background Picture: Hi there. When I go into Settings and set the Background picture/slideshow, I always see letters on the sample screen, like 'Aa' and 'Sample Text'. What can you do with that? I don't find any explanations anywhere. Thank you. 8133