Windows 10: Background picture (or slideshow) not working after Windows 1903 update

Discus and support Background picture (or slideshow) not working after Windows 1903 update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just downloaded the 1903 update today (8/29). Now my background picture disappeared and my screen is black on my desktop. When I go in to choose a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Chris Duffield, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Background picture (or slideshow) not working after Windows 1903 update

I just downloaded the 1903 update today (8/29). Now my background picture disappeared and my screen is black on my desktop. When I go in to choose a picture, it won't work. It also isn't working with the slideshow option. Why do they mess with this stuff? Anyone know how to fix it?

:)

Chris Duffield, Aug 29, 2019

2. Background slideshow not working

I have a background slideshow in operation, inherited from Windows 7 when I changed to Windows 10. I know how to personalise the background, but the slideshow does not work when I select a folder other than the one I inherited, even when there are suitable background pictures in the folder. Obviously, I could just put pictures for my background into the one folder which does work, but I would like to be able to select any picture folder, as should work. Can anyone help?
    Cheers
    R

ralphholmes, Aug 29, 2019
  3. Askew Win User
    Background switches from Slideshow to Picture

Hey Everyone,

I upgraded my computer (Desktop PC) from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 RTM and while everything works good, I have an issue with my background settings.

I have a folder on a local drive that has all of the pictures that I want in my slide show, and it works fine for a while, but eventually later when I return to my computer, it seems Windows 10 disables slideshow and changes back to 'picture'. I have to manually change it back to slideshow and it works again for some time until it disables again.

I looked at my power settings and nothing in there shows to disable the slideshow on battery (I do have a UPC though) and have tried deleting all of my themes and creating a new one.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

p.s. I am using a microsoft account and I leave my computer running all the time (never going to sleep).

Askew, Aug 29, 2019
  4. Background picture (or slideshow) not working after Windows 1903 update

Picture set turn background to slideshow

Hi Henry,

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Can you outline the troubleshooting steps that you have performed to fix the issue?

2. Does the issue occur with other images as well or only the one saved in the desktop?

For now, I suggest that you follow the steps below to change the slideshow option and check.

1. Go to the Settings application

2. Click on Personalization, select Picture from that top dropdown

If the above did not help, change the background picture that you have set and check.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

Background picture (or slideshow) not working after Windows 1903 update

1. Background picture (or slideshow) not working after Windows 1903 update - Similar Threads - Background picture slideshow

2. Slideshow background not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slideshow background not working.: Slideshow background doesn't work on Windows 11.Even though I never set it up in Windows 11, it automatically came over when I installed and started using Windows 11. I never did anything to change it. But then, after 10 days, it stopped working and nothing I did could bring...
  3. Slideshow background not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slideshow background not working.: Slideshow background doesn't work on Windows 11.Even though I never set it up in Windows 11, it automatically came over when I installed and started using Windows 11. I never did anything to change it. But then, after 10 days, it stopped working and nothing I did could bring...
  4. My Background Slideshow is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Background Slideshow is not working: I have tried everything that was suggested. My settings were already set to what was suggested. I even tried to save my Theme for sharing. It only let me save it as a .deskthemepack. I didn't have any other options.I do notice that as soon as I right click on the screen and...
  5. My Background Slideshow is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Background Slideshow is not working: I have tried everything that was suggested. My settings were already set to what was suggested. I even tried to save my Theme for sharing. It only let me save it as a .deskthemepack. I didn't have any other options.I do notice that as soon as I right click on the screen and...
  6. Slideshow Background Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Slideshow Background Not Working: I wanted to start using a slideshow lockscreen background recently so I made a new folder with all the pictures I wanted. After opening the lockscreen settings I changed the wallpaper to slideshow and deleted the default albums that were already there. For some reason, after...
  7. Screen Background resets to picture from slideshow

Screen Background resets to picture from slideshow: Hi, Like many other people I have the issue that after a restart the background slideshow resets to Picture. It is still a picture from the slideshow but not what it was set to. The lockscreen could not be changed claiming that some settings were disabled by my...
  8. background slideshow changes to picture upon reboot

background slideshow changes to picture upon reboot: I have set up my background to display slideshow. There appears to be no save button on this page. Every time I reboot the computer I find the slideshow has been changed back to "picture" mode. Is there a way to stop this from resetting? 32859
  9. Background switches from Slideshow to Picture

Background switches from Slideshow to Picture: Hey Everyone, I upgraded my computer (Desktop PC) from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 RTM and while everything works good, I have an issue with my background settings. I have a folder on a local drive that has all of the pictures that I want in my slide show, and it works...
  10. Background slideshow not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Background slideshow not working: I have a background slideshow in operation, inherited from Windows 7 when I changed to Windows 10. I know how to personalise the background, but the slideshow does not work when I select a folder other than the one I inherited, even when there are suitable background pictures...