Windows 10: Background picture turning dark automatically in Windows 10

Discus and support Background picture turning dark automatically in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Whenever I set one of my photos as my background it is immediately darkened. Like some one puts a lightly tinted sheet over it. The unfortunate result... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Byron 1213, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Background picture turning dark automatically in Windows 10

Whenever I set one of my photos as my background it is immediately darkened. Like some one puts a lightly tinted sheet over it. The unfortunate result is it becomes darker and the contrast is diminished … far too much.

Any ideas why this happens and how I might change something so that it doesn't? It didn't start until a couple years ago after an update … of course.

***Title modified from Backgound photo problem***

:)

Byron 1213, Jun 28, 2019

2. Changing the background in Windows 10 from picture foders created on the hard drive?

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response

I would suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open Desktop Background by right clicking on the desktop clicking Personalization

• Click the picture or color that you want to use for your desktop background.

• If the picture you want to use isn't in the list of desktop background pictures, click an item in the Picture location list to see other categories, or click Browse to search for the picture on your computer.
      When you find the picture that you want, double-click it. It will become your desktop background.

Hope this helps.

Waseemulla S, Jun 28, 2019
  3. Background Picture not working on Windows 10 Home

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to check if the show Windows Background is turn on by following the below steps:

• Click on start menu
    • Then Go to Settings
    • Click on Ease of Access
    • Under ease of access select More Options
    • Check under options Show Windows Background is turn on

Hope this information helps and let us know the status of the issue we will be glad to help you.

Mohammed Yaseer, Jun 28, 2019
  4. GF1
    gf1 Win User

Background picture turning dark automatically in Windows 10

Cannot turn off background picture on Windows 10 lock screen

I have gone to the Windows 10 personalization screen.

I have selected the Lock Screen settings.

Under the "background" drop down list there is no option to turn off the pictures

Thema:

Background picture turning dark automatically in Windows 10

1. Background picture turning dark automatically in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Background picture turning

2. Snipping Tool-Background of the copied object turns dark

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool-Background of the copied object turns dark: I use Windows 11. Recently when I use Snipping Tool to copy, the background of the copied image or text will turn dark. This results in the copied objects with dark background pasted on Words or Excel. I tried to change Settings. It won't work. Please help....
  3. Snipping Tool-Background of the copied object turns dark

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snipping Tool-Background of the copied object turns dark: I use Windows 11. Recently when I use Snipping Tool to copy, the background of the copied image or text will turn dark. This results in the copied objects with dark background pasted on Words or Excel. I tried to change Settings. It won't work. Please help....
  4. Windows 10 Startup Background Picture

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Startup Background Picture: Good afternoon,, I have Windows 10 and a hp laptop computer. The words Merry Christmas Hope Today All Day are written below the date and time on the background picture when my computer starts up. I have no idea how the words Merry Christmas Hope Today All Day got...
  5. Dark picture on screen

Dark picture on screen: I have a new samsung QLED tv and a new dell computer desktop with a new HP monitor. I have tried to set every brightness setting on both to 100% bright. movies are still way too dark....
  6. Dark mode turning off automatically

Dark mode turning off automatically: Every time I shut off my pc, when I turn it back on the default app mode in colors is set to light, even though I change it to dark every single day. The default Windows mode stays on light, but the app setting keeps switching to light. It hurts my eyes every time I open an...
  7. Dark background in win 10

Dark background in win 10: Hello everyone, I have a little problem with dark mode in win 10 system. Whenever i open app such as File explorer, Excel or Microsoft Paint, those programs will run as dark mode display like this photo. [ATTACH]I think it's not totally about dark mode. I've tried many...
  8. Colors on a Dark Background

Colors on a Dark Background: This thread is for discussion of and experimentation with colors on dark backgrounds. What works for you in a light background doesn't work for me on a dark background. For years, those with eye problems have begged Microsoft to give us a choice between a dark and light...
  9. Dark Background

Dark Background: I just picked up a new surface pro, and I am not able to get the office / windows product to display anything other than a black background, which I really do not like. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dark-background/8b65415e-8ad8-4b57-b5f4-0e7c38ec2ebc
  10. Background Picture

Background Picture: Hi there. When I go into Settings and set the Background picture/slideshow, I always see letters on the sample screen, like 'Aa' and 'Sample Text'. What can you do with that? I don't find any explanations anywhere. Thank you. 8133