Windows 10: Background process "Service Host: Local System" with "Microsoft Store Install Service"...

Discus and support Background process "Service Host: Local System" with "Microsoft Store Install Service"... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently I've been having the Task Manager open as my computer already has had some weird performance issues before and I noticed a few days ago that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NeonD00m, Dec 16, 2020.

1. NeonD00m Win User

Background process "Service Host: Local System" with "Microsoft Store Install Service"...

Recently I've been having the Task Manager open as my computer already has had some weird performance issues before and I noticed a few days ago that "Service Host: Local System" was using basically all of my cpu, and inside of it all it said was "Microsoft Store Install Service". I was looking for a fix and I found this article and I tried the first two fixes which were to turn off automatic updates in the Microsoft store and to disable Microsoft store from running in the background in the settings. And after doing both of those I checked task manager again and the problem seemed to be worse.

I mean it still varies a bit, while writing this it has gone back down to 60%.

Picture from when I first noticed it:

Background process "Service Host: Local System" with "Microsoft Store Install Service"... 6b29ae5f-4011-4127-a586-ff7c31491935?upload=true.png

Picture of it now: Background process "Service Host: Local System" with "Microsoft Store Install Service"... ddbb1fdc-906a-4201-bc8e-e96441a336eb?upload=true.png

:)

NeonD00m, Dec 16, 2020
  2. Vj-ruv Win User

Service host: Local system -> Microsoft Store Install service

HI,

Of recent, my laptop has been running quite hot, due to which the fans have been running all the time, creating a nuisance.

When I looked for the culprit in the task manager, I found out it to be Service host: Local system, its been consuming nearly 30% of the CPU, when the total CPU usage sits around 31-32%, rest all the usage of resources has been normal i.e.,
    under 5%. Under Service host: Local system, there's a sole service running and i.e., Microsoft Store Install Service. An ever so hot PC may make it cause problems in the longer term.

Please provide help.

Thank you.

Background process "Service Host: Local System" with "Microsoft Store Install Service"... cdb854f6-d229-48e5-9f3a-b371ae9155d2?upload=true.png
    Here's
    an attached screen shot of the same.

Vj-ruv, Dec 16, 2020
  3. Paulo GM Win User
    Service host: Local system -> Microsoft Store Install service

Hi Vj-ruv, I am Paulo. I'm an Independent Advisor.

Since it supports the Microsoft Store app, if there are pending updates in your store, finish them and disable automatic updates for the Store apps. MS Store > Ellipsis > Settings > Turn off Update apps automatically

To stop MS Store from running in the background, go to Settings > Privacy > Background apps > Disable Microsoft Store

If you notice that the service starts automatically on boot, type Services.msc and run it as administrator. Double click on Microsoft Store Install service and make sure that the startup type is Manual.

I hope this helps resolve the problem.

Paulo GM, Dec 16, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Background process "Service Host: Local System" with "Microsoft Store Install Service"...

Service Host: Local System

Hi ramiahmane

Service Host in Windows is a process that other process use to function, if you end Service Host (if Windows allows you to) your system will require a reboot . . .

What difficulty are you having with your PC that makes you want to end Service Host?

DaveM121, Dec 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Background process "Service Host: Local System" with "Microsoft Store Install Service"... - Similar Threads - Background process Service

2. Service Host Local Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service Host Local Service: I opened my task manager one day and now I have like a million "Service Host Local Service". Can you shed any insight on this? I attached a snap shot of my task manager and they processes shown are only a little bit. They go on and on and on. This seems extremely suspect....
  3. Service Host Local Service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Service Host Local Service: I opened my task manager one day and now I have like a million "Service Host Local Service". Can you shed any insight on this? I attached a snap shot of my task manager and they processes shown are only a little bit. They go on and on and on. This seems extremely suspect....
  4. Service Host Local Service

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Service host: Local system Network restricted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service host: Local system Network restricted: Hellomy problem is some of my services on windows 10 getting "Network restricted" tag how do I lift restrictions?I'm getting restrictions to access to sites and internet through some apps and games.I've installed eset internet security premium but before installing AV I had...
  6. Service host: Local system Network restricted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Service host: Local system Network restricted: Hellomy problem is some of my services on windows 10 getting "Network restricted" tag how do I lift restrictions?I'm getting restrictions to access to sites and internet through some apps and games.I've installed eset internet security premium but before installing AV I had...
  7. Windows Service Host: Local System

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Service Host: Local System: Windows Service host: Local System: I deleted this after it was using up too much bandwidth, how do I reinstall it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-service-host-local-system/6bbfb196-77c2-4e1a-88ac-5c98ff5a3af0
  8. Service host: Local system -> Microsoft Store Install service

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Service host: Local system -> Microsoft Store Install service: HI, Of recent, my laptop has been running quite hot, due to which the fans have been running all the time, creating a nuisance. When I looked for the culprit in the task manager, I found out it to be Service host: Local system, its been consuming nearly 30% of the CPU,...
  9. service host: local service

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    service host: local service: My Lenovo laptop is running slowly because of Service host: local network. Is there any way of removing these to allow the laptop to run more quickly? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/service-host-local-service/a2f5e3a9-ee7a-46c3-af1c-c1bf1b06cc12
  10. Service Host: Local System

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Service Host: Local System: will ending Service Host: Local System effect my pc or like turn it off or something bad will happen to my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/service-host-local-system/e0493e83-05a4-46a8-9b82-7b59c2960143