Windows 10: Background processes using 10 gb of ram?

Discus and support Background processes using 10 gb of ram? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Nitronium777 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ij15r3/background_processes_using_10_gb_of_ram/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Nitronium777, Aug 29, 2020.

1. Background processes using 10 gb of ram?

/u/Nitronium777, Aug 29, 2020

2. Me Windows background processes.

Windows background processes. My ram is of 8gb.From 8gb only 2.9 gb available .The ram is filled up with windows background processes. I have done format now. Still the ram percentage is same .It is because of your faulty windows os and its background
    processes. Is there anyway to reduce the usage of ram?

AkhilAnandKundurthi, Aug 29, 2020
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Aug 29, 2020
  4. Davidk03 Win User

Background processes using 10 gb of ram?

Program running a background process?

I'm running Corel Video Studio 2018, and it's updates function shows characteristics of a background process:

- the program has an auto check daily plus a manual option for updates

- manually checked, presented with an option of downloading an update and Ok'd, evidence of any activity vanishes from the program workspace, yet the connected internet modem activity light begins running hot as the download happens

- it's repeatable over several up-date cycles

The evidence seems to suggest a background activity - whilst the program/PC is free to use for other things. Several software packages do this.

However, a check in task manager/processes, show all, does not display any info of a related background process for any Corel or Video Studio program. If a background process is being used by the software, MUST it be listed in the task manager/processes
    list?

Platform is windows 7 home sp1 64bit plus the important patches.

Davidk03, Aug 29, 2020
Thema:

Background processes using 10 gb of ram?

1. Background processes using 10 gb of ram? - Similar Threads - Background processes using

2. 3 GB of Ram used into nothing while having 8 GB RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3 GB of Ram used into nothing while having 8 GB RAM: Why does my laptop just take 3 GB of ram out of nothing when i have 8 GB ram whats the issue??? My friend said that i could have someone mining bitcoin on my laptop...
  3. 3 GB of Ram used into nothing while having 8 GB RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3 GB of Ram used into nothing while having 8 GB RAM: Why does my laptop just take 3 GB of ram out of nothing when i have 8 GB ram whats the issue??? My friend said that i could have someone mining bitcoin on my laptop...
  4. taskhostw.exe using 14 gb of ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taskhostw.exe using 14 gb of ram: ive seen some other threads with this problem and ive seen that its usually specific to each pc like diff apps causing it so i decided to ask, ive already run dism andhttps://mega.nz/file/vIwU3LqA#cXAbLzVODFEG1rPSz78VilRclpCo_Np7iC94mEP5Ltsthis is the dmp file for taskhost,...
  5. taskhostw.exe using 14 gb of ram

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    taskhostw.exe using 14 gb of ram: ive seen some other threads with this problem and ive seen that its usually specific to each pc like diff apps causing it so i decided to ask, ive already run dism andhttps://mega.nz/file/vIwU3LqA#cXAbLzVODFEG1rPSz78VilRclpCo_Np7iC94mEP5Ltsthis is the dmp file for taskhost,...
  6. taskhostw.exe using 14 gb of ram

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. fingerprint unavailable and ram is consuming 45% of the 8 gb ram in the background

fingerprint unavailable and ram is consuming 45% of the 8 gb ram in the background: hello i am using windows 10 not pro , my laptop is asus d509dj ryzen 7 , ram 8 gb, 512 gb ssd My problrm is my laptops ram is being used like 45% without doing anything , i mean the background process is eating all the half of the ram , but why >? and my another problem...
  8. Why 50% of my ram is used for background apps, i have 8 gb ram

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why 50% of my ram is used for background apps, i have 8 gb ram: im using acer laptop and in this photo i didnt open any apps , and the antimalware never stops running idk why [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/why-50-of-my-ram-is-used-for-background-apps-i/49a513df-148a-46a8-8fd9-6cd4a525a0ef
  9. "SoundMixer.exe" is consuming about 2-2.5 GB RAM in background!

"SoundMixer.exe" is consuming about 2-2.5 GB RAM in background!: "SoundMixer.exe" is running in the background and consuming about 2-2.5 GB of RAM. After performing 'end task', it gets back up. How to fix it?...
  10. computer is only using 1 gb RAM

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    computer is only using 1 gb RAM: I have a windows 10 computer and I have 16gb of hyper x fury ram and my computer is only using 1 gb could you help? 73301