Windows 10: background processes

Discus and support background processes in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I have two questions about my startup processes, first, I wanted to know if its recommended to disable Windows security notification cause I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PwnFunction, Feb 22, 2020.

1. background processes

Hello,

I have two questions about my startup processes, first, I wanted to know if its recommended to disable Windows security notification cause I'm using AVG anti-virus and I'm not sure if it's required to be enabled at my windows startup.

Screenshot: https://gyazo.com/b09c279625f31fa9b7cad3897f710d35

and secondly, I wanted to know if Its good to disable HD audio Background processes, Realtek HD Audio manager.

Screenshots:

https://gyazo.com/8addff23e3c465f667ad048101d1a480

https://gyazo.com/92365985ee223ef99d9052a40563d6e1

Thanks.

:)

PwnFunction, Feb 22, 2020
  2. Davidk03 Win User

Program running a background process?

I'm running Corel Video Studio 2018, and it's updates function shows characteristics of a background process:

- the program has an auto check daily plus a manual option for updates

- manually checked, presented with an option of downloading an update and Ok'd, evidence of any activity vanishes from the program workspace, yet the connected internet modem activity light begins running hot as the download happens

- it's repeatable over several up-date cycles

The evidence seems to suggest a background activity - whilst the program/PC is free to use for other things. Several software packages do this.

However, a check in task manager/processes, show all, does not display any info of a related background process for any Corel or Video Studio program. If a background process is being used by the software, MUST it be listed in the task manager/processes
    list?

Platform is windows 7 home sp1 64bit plus the important patches.

Davidk03, Feb 22, 2020
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Feb 22, 2020
  4. John Vil Win User

background processes

Background Processes

Hello Andrew,

Task Manager shows you the running processes or programs depending on what kind of services they are.
    Background processes run in the background without user intervention. The processes you see under this category include processes that involve logging, system monitoring, scheduling, and notifications. These are the processes that programs
    usually use in the background. Windows services on the other hand, shows you the list of processes that make up your computer's interface or behavior. This explains why what you normally see under this category are the Windows services that
    tell your computer how to operate.

Regards.

John Vil, Feb 22, 2020
Thema:

background processes

1. background processes - Similar Threads - background processes

2. What background processes are okay to close

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What background processes are okay to close: I have over 100 background processes and 95% I have no idea what they are so I would like to know what settings to change or what tasks are okay to close. I found a solution which is a clean boot but I am suspicious because I am disabling every service that isn't Microsoft...
  3. What background processes are okay to close

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What background processes are okay to close: I have over 100 background processes and 95% I have no idea what they are so I would like to know what settings to change or what tasks are okay to close. I found a solution which is a clean boot but I am suspicious because I am disabling every service that isn't Microsoft...
  4. I have Way too many background processes which are using too much ram and cpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have Way too many background processes which are using too much ram and cpu: HOW can i reduce it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-way-too-many-background-processes-which-are/151d5924-dea1-4383-9a2f-9cdba095cec6
  5. I have Way too many background processes which are using too much ram and cpu

I have Way too many background processes which are using too much ram and cpu: HOW can i reduce it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-way-too-many-background-processes-which-are/151d5924-dea1-4383-9a2f-9cdba095cec6
  6. APP OPENS ONLY AS A BACKGROUND PROCESS AND DOESN'T SHOW ANY INTERFACE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    APP OPENS ONLY AS A BACKGROUND PROCESS AND DOESN'T SHOW ANY INTERFACE: Issue Description:The Anghami app does not open properly on my PC.When attempting to launch the app, it remains as a background process and does not display the user interface.The only way I can temporarily resolve this issue is by restarting my laptop with the Wi-Fi turned...
  7. APP OPENS ONLY AS A BACKGROUND PROCESS AND DOESN'T SHOW ANY INTERFACE

APP OPENS ONLY AS A BACKGROUND PROCESS AND DOESN'T SHOW ANY INTERFACE: Issue Description:The Anghami app does not open properly on my PC.When attempting to launch the app, it remains as a background process and does not display the user interface.The only way I can temporarily resolve this issue is by restarting my laptop with the Wi-Fi turned...
  8. off display in windows 11 stops background process

in Windows 10 Gaming
    off display in windows 11 stops background process: Hi I have a HP Zbook 17 G3 mobile workstation laptop and I'm running windows 11.Yesterday I set my power settings to turn off my screen after 5 minutes and never go to sleep when plugged in.after that I started downloading files and left my laptop for 30 minutes. When I came...
  9. off display in windows 11 stops background process

off display in windows 11 stops background process: Hi I have a HP Zbook 17 G3 mobile workstation laptop and I'm running windows 11.Yesterday I set my power settings to turn off my screen after 5 minutes and never go to sleep when plugged in.after that I started downloading files and left my laptop for 30 minutes. When I came...
  10. background processes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    background processes: what does that mean https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-processes/4f607cd7-afbd-4fe9-bccf-b58e7979732d