Windows 10: Background programes

Discus and support Background programes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; How do i stop unwanted programs running in the background. they take up memory and CPU space... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GraemeAndrews1, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Background programes

How do i stop unwanted programs running in the background. they take up memory and CPU space

:)

GraemeAndrews1, Oct 12, 2019

2. GPU not idling when program running in background

Whenever there is a program running in background like utorrent, the clock is stuck at 993mhz and the memory at 1500mhz..when I turn it off, the clocks are back to normal...need a fix ..drivers are the latest whql (not 337.5)..clock is measured from zotac firestorm..(use it for fan curve also..works flawlessly)..any suggestions will be appreciated..

ELiTRiGG3R, Oct 12, 2019
  3. Davidk03 Win User
    Program running a background process?

I'm running Corel Video Studio 2018, and it's updates function shows characteristics of a background process:

- the program has an auto check daily plus a manual option for updates

- manually checked, presented with an option of downloading an update and Ok'd, evidence of any activity vanishes from the program workspace, yet the connected internet modem activity light begins running hot as the download happens

- it's repeatable over several up-date cycles

The evidence seems to suggest a background activity - whilst the program/PC is free to use for other things. Several software packages do this.

However, a check in task manager/processes, show all, does not display any info of a related background process for any Corel or Video Studio program. If a background process is being used by the software, MUST it be listed in the task manager/processes
    list?

Platform is windows 7 home sp1 64bit plus the important patches.

Davidk03, Oct 12, 2019
  4. Background programes

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Oct 12, 2019
Thema:

Background programes

1. Background programes - Similar Threads - Background programes

2. Backgrounds, taskbar and all programs are out of frame and enlarged to a huge widescreeen mode!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Backgrounds, taskbar and all programs are out of frame and enlarged to a huge widescreeen mode!: My laptop HP pc was originally had Windows 7.The various updates to Windows 10 seemed to have damaged the ratio display of both the backgrounds and taskbar.Though the settings are set to Windows recommendations; both the taskbar and backgrounds are exponentially larger and...
  3. Backgrounds, taskbar and all programs are out of frame and enlarged to a huge widescreeen mode!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backgrounds, taskbar and all programs are out of frame and enlarged to a huge widescreeen mode!: My laptop HP pc was originally had Windows 7.The various updates to Windows 10 seemed to have damaged the ratio display of both the backgrounds and taskbar.Though the settings are set to Windows recommendations; both the taskbar and backgrounds are exponentially larger and...
  4. Backgrounds, taskbar and all programs are out of frame and enlarged to a huge widescreeen mode!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Drivers and all kinds of ms programs constantly running in background using my ram/memory...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drivers and all kinds of ms programs constantly running in background using my ram/memory...: C:\windows\system32\ADVAPI32.dllC:\windows\system32\bcryptPrimitives.dllC:\windows\system32\cfmgr32.dllC:\windows\system32\clbcatq.dllC:\windows\system32\combase.dllC:\windows\system32\CRYPTBASE.dllC:\windows\system32\ntdll.dllC:\windows\system32\DEVOBJ.dllC:\windows\system32\...
  6. Drivers and all kinds of ms programs constantly running in background using my ram/memory...

Drivers and all kinds of ms programs constantly running in background using my ram/memory...: C:\windows\system32\ADVAPI32.dllC:\windows\system32\bcryptPrimitives.dllC:\windows\system32\cfmgr32.dllC:\windows\system32\clbcatq.dllC:\windows\system32\combase.dllC:\windows\system32\CRYPTBASE.dllC:\windows\system32\ntdll.dllC:\windows\system32\DEVOBJ.dllC:\windows\system32\...
  7. Picture of program stuck in background of screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Picture of program stuck in background of screen: I ran a program and came back a couple minutes later to my PC still on it, however the screen was giving me a shaking motion almost as if it couldn’t pick up all the specs of the screen, I close it, restart my PC and it’s like that rapid motion installed a permanent image...
  8. Picture of program stuck in background of screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Picture of program stuck in background of screen: I ran a program and came back a couple minutes later to my PC still on it, however the screen was giving me a shaking motion almost as if it couldn’t pick up all the specs of the screen, I close it, restart my PC and it’s like that rapid motion installed a permanent image...
  9. Picture of program stuck in background of screen

10. Windows suspend background programs

Windows suspend background programs: My windows 11 keeps suspending my Phone Link program. Is there a way to stop windows from doing that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-suspend-background-programs/4c6f5e0f-fb64-4138-8665-1972484bc37f