Windows 10: Background programs, mostly videos freeze when im tabbed into a game

Discus and support Background programs, mostly videos freeze when im tabbed into a game in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; as I said in the title my background videos and some programs freeze/buffer when I'm tabbed into a game. PC specs are 10900k, 32gb of G.skill ram,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Collin Schawe, Dec 13, 2021.

1. Background programs, mostly videos freeze when im tabbed into a game

as I said in the title my background videos and some programs freeze/buffer when I'm tabbed into a game. PC specs are 10900k, 32gb of G.skill ram, along with my 1080. This never happened on Windows 10 but as soon as I updated to windows 11 I've had this problem and have not found a way to fix it

:)

Collin Schawe, Dec 13, 2021
  2. McSweg Win User

W10 Video start freeze

Do you think that I am having overwatch issues like alt tabbing and going back to my game and having it freeze for like 10 seconds (usually its instant) and sometimes im dipping from 300 frames to 30fps out of no where.

McSweg, Dec 13, 2021
  3. Freezing in games

alright well while playing cod4 the game will sometimes freeze. wat i mean by this is the game will just freeze up and stay on a frame until i alt tab out of it and come back in. the obvious assumption is that this is from the video card, and it probably is. but, im wondering if its possible that it could be something else? could it be ram, processor, or hard drive? and if it could be one of, could someone reccomend a program to test these with.
    thank you in advance.

madswimmer, Dec 13, 2021
  4. Background programs, mostly videos freeze when im tabbed into a game

Windows 10 games crashing

Thank you for keeping us updated. To continue troubleshooting your concern, we recommend that you start your computer to normal mode to disable the unnecessary apps running in the background while you are playing. Here's how:

• Press Windows + R on the keyboard.  
    • Type msconfig, and then click OK.  
    • On the General tab, click the Normal Startup, and then click OK.  
    • When you are prompted to restart the computer, click Restart.  

Once done, run the game in compatibility mode by following the steps below:

• Go to the game folder and right click on the setup file.
    • Click on Properties and go to the Compatibility tab.
    • Under the Compatibility mode, check Run this program in compatibility mode for: and select the operating system where the game is compatible.
    • Let the drivers install and launch the game again.

If the issue persists, you may perform the suggested solutions provided on this

link

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Dec 13, 2021
Thema:

Background programs, mostly videos freeze when im tabbed into a game

1. Background programs, mostly videos freeze when im tabbed into a game - Similar Threads - Background programs mostly

2. Computer Freeze when playing video games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Freeze when playing video games: I've been wondering and having a really tough time figuring out a solution. When I'm playing SCUM on STEAM my computer will freeze. i get minidump and msinfo from my computer.https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1VSutjmyEd-8yjZKIm9g2OfUK5_Yw-hSt?usp=sharing...
  3. Computer Freeze when playing video games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Freeze when playing video games: I've been wondering and having a really tough time figuring out a solution. When I'm playing SCUM on STEAM my computer will freeze. i get minidump and msinfo from my computer.https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1VSutjmyEd-8yjZKIm9g2OfUK5_Yw-hSt?usp=sharing...
  4. Videos freezing in the background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Videos freezing in the background: I often stream shows with friends on discord and sometimes when I'm a little less interested, in what they want to see, I started playing a game in the background. I have the best connection and hardware for streaming, which is why I'm the "host". After the last windows...
  5. Videos freezing in the background

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Videos freezing in the background: I often stream shows with friends on discord and sometimes when I'm a little less interested, in what they want to see, I started playing a game in the background. I have the best connection and hardware for streaming, which is why I'm the "host". After the last windows...
  6. Videos freezing in the background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Background programs, mostly videos freeze when im tabbed into a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Background programs, mostly videos freeze when im tabbed into a game: as I said in the title my background videos and some programs freeze/buffer when I'm tabbed into a game. PC specs are 10900k, 32gb of G.skill ram, along with my 1080. This never happened on Windows 10 but as soon as I updated to windows 11 I've had this problem and have not...
  8. Game acting as if it's in the background when tabbed in, and the other way around when...

Game acting as if it's in the background when tabbed in, and the other way around when...: Hi,Having a very strange issue with HITMAN 3. The game is acting like its in the background when tabbed in, and when tabbed out it returns to normal, and tabbing back in makes it worse again. I'm not quite sure how to even word it, but I think the foreground/background...
  9. Mouse Freezing in Most Games

Mouse Freezing in Most Games: My Logitech ergonomic mouse has the latest drivers and support software. It constantly freezes up very quickly after starting in almost all video games. It still remains functional when switching back to Windows with alt-tab or ctrl-alt-delete. This is obviously a Windows 10...
  10. Laptop Freezes when playing video games

Laptop Freezes when playing video games: I have a lenovo z51-70 windows 10 AMD Graphics R9 M375 and Intel Core i7 5500U with 16 GB Ram. I've never faced this problem before video games worked just fine on my laptop until I got a bsod so I decided to reset my PC after resetting it and downloading the game. when...