Windows 10: background programs using memory & how stop w/o problems

Discus and support background programs using memory & how stop w/o problems in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Running background programs use up memory so can't use. am 81 & not computer knowledgeable. Ran autoruns now what do? Someday you'll be old & won't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jp&tk, Jun 3, 2020.

1. jp&tk Win User

background programs using memory & how stop w/o problems

Running background programs use up memory so can't use. am 81 & not computer knowledgeable. Ran autoruns now what do? Someday you'll be old & won't have a clue. Hopefully you won't.

:)

jp&tk, Jun 3, 2020

2. GPU not idling when program running in background

Whenever there is a program running in background like utorrent, the clock is stuck at 993mhz and the memory at 1500mhz..when I turn it off, the clocks are back to normal...need a fix ..drivers are the latest whql (not 337.5)..clock is measured from zotac firestorm..(use it for fan curve also..works flawlessly)..any suggestions will be appreciated..

ELiTRiGG3R, Jun 3, 2020
  3. Background programes

How do i stop unwanted programs running in the background. they take up memory and CPU space

GraemeAndrews1, Jun 3, 2020
  4. f14tomcat Win User

New O&O Shutup 1.7.1408

New O&O Shutup

O&O ShutUp10 | New version avaliable
    1.7.1408 - released February 24, 2020

• NEW: Deactivate automatic saving and filling of credit card data
    • NEW: Deactivate the start of Microsoft Edge in the background
    • NEW: Deactivate loading of the start and new tab pages in the background
    • Available in German, English, French, Italian, Spanish, Russian and Chinese (simplified)

f14tomcat, Jun 3, 2020
Thema:

1. background programs using memory & how stop w/o problems - Similar Threads - background programs using

2. How to use O&O ShutUp 10 / Alternative program ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to use O&O ShutUp 10 / Alternative program ?: Hi, I want to disable all crap telemetry in Windows 10 including: 1) Windows 10 Keylogger, Cortana, adds and unecessary apps from the start menu 2) Disable\prevent Microsoft from accessing my files stored locally on my PC to prevent them accessing my confidential files...
  3. Mouse w/o Borders keeps stopping

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse w/o Borders keeps stopping: I have had two machines connected for years. All of a sudden, my mouse from Computer A to Computer B with no problem. Back to computer A and then it's stuck. Sometimes the remains on Computer A and sometime there is no mouse at all. I can make the mouse reappear by...
  4. New Computer Needed & Want To Save Programs On HDD W/O Reinstallation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New Computer Needed & Want To Save Programs On HDD W/O Reinstallation: I have a computer that is on its way out the door. However, the hard drive is sound and is fine, however, I have programs on there that I want to save and a couple of them I do not have the installation program EXEcutable installation file or the software on a disc to...
  5. How to dave default Wordpad w/o Registry changes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to dave default Wordpad w/o Registry changes: I've run a search and looked at 7 pages but not found an answer. I'd like to save the default settings for Wordpad w/o having to make a Registry edit. I found a possible solution but it doesn't make sense to me. Says to save as a Temp file, then whenever you open Wordpad it...
  6. Restore Windows 10 OS w/o deleting files and programs?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore Windows 10 OS w/o deleting files and programs?: My Windows 10 OS on my SSD main drive crapped out after installing a new Windows 10 update. Can no longer boot from this drive. Tried to reinstall the OS from a Windows Install disk, but it will not permit me to do this, since the SSD is partitioned with an MBR. Is there a...
  7. How To Make A Bullet Point W/O Numeric Keypad?

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Make A Bullet Point W/O Numeric Keypad?: I looked here but perhaps it is still to early in the morning for me to comprehend what I am reading: https://duckduckgo.com/?q=how+do+you...146-6__&ia=web I am used to a keypad and all I needed to do was to hold down the alt key and hit 0149 and presto a bullet point would...
  8. Sharing Issues w/o HomeGroup...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sharing Issues w/o HomeGroup...: Ever since the beginning of this year when MS removed the HomeGroup function, I've had a terrible time with file sharing on my home network. I am running one central Win10 desktop with two Win10 laptops in a home wifi environment that is stable and fast. All machines are...
  9. How to turn Defender back on after using O&O ShutUp

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to turn Defender back on after using O&O ShutUp: Hello! How to turn Windows Defender back on, after disabling it in O&O Shut Up 10? I switched it back in OOSU but it still doesn't work. I also tried using different tutorials, but usually nothing happens, or I get error 577: Windows cannot verify the digital signature......
  10. Possible to wake PC w/o Magic Packet...w/o unwanted wakes?

in Windows 10 Support
    Possible to wake PC w/o Magic Packet...w/o unwanted wakes?: Setting up a Win 10 PC for shares, videos, which will be used lightly. I would like to have it sleep, and not have to do a separate operation to wake it with a magic packet before accessing. Is this possible? Any suggestions appreciated. 37517