Windows 10: Background Recording on PC

Discus and support Background Recording on PC in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I have been having some issues for quite some time. The issues have persisted across multiple devices, one a gaming laptop, and the other a high... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Tangiblez, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Tangiblez Win User

Background Recording on PC

Hi,

I have been having some issues for quite some time. The issues have persisted across multiple devices, one a gaming laptop, and the other a high end PC. I like the convenience of having an accessible background recording software as I often make clips of my gameplay, but I am forced to turn it off as well as the gamebar when the issue arises. I am currently using a Ryzen 9 5900x CPU, ASUS ROG Strix 3090 OC GPU, with 32gb of Corsair Vengeance RAM 3600. What is comical is that when playing Gears 5 I get 190+ stable fps at 1080p ultra, but when I turn on background recording, aside from the slight fps drop as expected 10-20, I experience frequent massive fps drops as low as 1 fps. During these drops in fps I get no more than 11 fps. Given that I have a very high end pc build, excessive cooling idle temps in the low 40's to 30's Fahrenheit, and this problem only exists whilst running game bar with background recording, it is clear that the game bar/recording software is the problem. I had a very similar issue on my gaming laptop. It isn't a Ryzen issue as my laptop used an intel CPU. I also doubt my top tier GPU and excessive high end RAM are a problem either. If so then it is driver related, but I have yet to see drivers that fix the issue. I have tried to run my pc at 720p minimum settings just to test it, and I gained no fps. Why would my PC struggle to churn out even 11 fps on 720p minimum when it is designed for 4k ultra over 60 fps? I have yet to find a solution beyond just not using game bar, but this is far from ideal. I also don't run other background processes in order to maximize fps so that isn't the issue either.

:)

Tangiblez, Jan 13, 2021
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Jan 13, 2021
  3. Ariel Acu Win User
    Hiding New Game Bar when Recording

Hi LeviathanTheEsper,

Normally, You can play your games while recording it in the background. It seems that background recording is not enabled on your computer that's why the Game bar is showing up when playing your games. Let's check if background recording is enabled by performing
    the following steps:

1. Press the Windows key, then select the gear icon to access Settings.
    2. Go to Gaming.
    3. Select Game DVR.
    4. Under Background Recording, check if the toggle switch is enabled.

We look forward to your update.

Ariel Acu, Jan 13, 2021
  4. Background Recording on PC

Steps Recorder in Windows 10

Hi,

To further assist you, we suggest that you provide your feedback on how to improve the resolution using the Steps Recorder by going to the Feedback Hub. Refer to the steps below:

• Go to Search or Cortana.
    • Type Windows Feedback.
    • Sign in with your Microsoft account.

Thank you.

Stephanie Sal, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

Background Recording on PC

1. Background Recording on PC - Similar Threads - Background Recording

2. Xbox game bar notifications - "starting background recording"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox game bar notifications - "starting background recording": So ive ran into this problem with game bar, were i get constantly spammed by these game bar notifications stating things like "Starting background recording" and "microphone recording is on" every single damn time i change focus to another program or window. If im focused in...
  3. How do I turn off background recording for SPECIFIC apps/games in Windows 10 Xbox Game bar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I turn off background recording for SPECIFIC apps/games in Windows 10 Xbox Game bar?: I use the "Record That"/"Record Last 30 Seconds" feature in the Xbox Game Bar for specific games. However, I accidentally enabled it to background-record in Chrome, which I do not want to spare resources for. I still want it to background-record things in the games I play,...
  4. Recently gamebar recordings have been leaving green background and small window of the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recently gamebar recordings have been leaving green background and small window of the...: This problem started probably around a month ago - Recordings were fine for years but now after export, the recording itself is very small on the top left corner, and the rest of the video is entirely green. submitted by /u/Wizardnil [link] [comments]...
  5. I get bunch of background noises when I record!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I get bunch of background noises when I record!: Hello, I have a problem that whenever I record there is a lot of background sound and I cant fix it. I tried the trick by going into the enhancement tab in the recording section in the sound control panel but the enhancement doesn't show up. I even tried to download Realtech...
  6. Game bar Capture Background recording doesnt exist

Game bar Capture Background recording doesnt exist: I want to enable background recording to record last 30secs or so when gaming. But the Background recording on the Capture tab doesn't exist like for others it does. What do I do?...
  7. Background Recording Services Eating Up 80% GPU Usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Background Recording Services Eating Up 80% GPU Usage: Recently my GPU has been fluctuating from anywhere between 20-60% GPU usage just from having nvidia geoforce instant replay and xbox game DVR recording in the background. It shoots up to 80-90% when I just have Steam open in the background. I've always left both services...
  8. PowerPoint: adding an audio background to a screen recording slide.

PowerPoint: adding an audio background to a screen recording slide.: I would like to add various screen recording slides to my powerpoint presentation. I would like to add background music to the screen recording slide. I would like to add different music to each screen recording slide. I would like the screen recording to begin...
  9. Recording of background audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recording of background audio: Hi there I am having a problem with recording my game clips with the audio in the xbox game bar. The problem seems to be that I can record fine in terms of the video. However the audio doesn't seem to pick up unless I have a microphone attached, recording through the...
  10. Background recording suddenly disabled

Background recording suddenly disabled: [ATTACH] I dont know what happened.But i was recording very good using this pc and now i have this problem.Please tell me what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-recording-suddenly-disabled/ffece674-0955-494c-aa1e-217bf91646bb