Windows 10: Background screen NOT from sub folders.

Discus and support Background screen NOT from sub folders. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I've noticed that while with Vista you could choose as a background screen the folder Pictures and the slideshow would includes all the sub... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SimonBond, Sep 24, 2015.

1. SimonBond Win User

Background screen NOT from sub folders.

Hello, I've noticed that while with Vista you could choose as a background screen the folder Pictures and the slideshow would includes all the sub folders as well, now you can choose only a specific folder ( if you choose Pictures and it contains only sub folders the screen get stuck with the last picture displayed ). I know it's not a big deal but I was wondering if anybody found did find a way around this.
    Thanks, any help appreciate.

:)

SimonBond, Sep 24, 2015
  2. caston132 Win User

Sub folders in File Explorer

Hi, ran the scan result:- " Windows resourse did not find any integrity violations."

Screen as previous with some black background.

caston

caston132, Sep 24, 2015
  3. caston132 Win User
    Sub folders in File Explorer

As requested Screen Shot. note only get the black background when using large tiles.

Hope this helps.

Look forward to further comments.

regards
    Background screen NOT from sub folders. [​IMG]

caston132, Sep 24, 2015
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, I think what your objective is is to gain control of your desktop wallpaper. ('background').

I use a program called Wally (freeware) set to exit (in my case) after it's changed the wallpaper when I log on. (There are plenty of other options). This gives a lot of freedom, and moving from Win 8 to Win 10 it's another thing I simply don't have to worry about.

I used to use John's Background Switcher but at some point that (by design) no longer switched sequentially.

Both have a lot of options.

dalchina, Sep 29, 2015
  5. Preppy Win User
    You can use:

control /name Microsoft.Personalization /page pageWallpaper

from a Run or CMD prompt to do this for now. Note it generally only works for the Pictures library.

Preppy, Sep 30, 2015
  6. SimonBond Win User
    Thanks, I'll install the program you are suggesting.

SimonBond, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Background screen NOT from sub folders. - Similar Threads - Background screen sub

2. get e-mail in sub folders from wherever

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    get e-mail in sub folders from wherever: I AM NOW GETTING JUNK MAIL IN MY SUB FOLDERS IN MY E-MAIL ACCOUNT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/get-e-mail-in-sub-folders-from-wherever/887bcf68-11c6-45ee-a2dd-ffe4be748030
  3. get e-mail in sub folders from wherever

in Windows 10 Gaming
    get e-mail in sub folders from wherever: I AM NOW GETTING JUNK MAIL IN MY SUB FOLDERS IN MY E-MAIL ACCOUNT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/get-e-mail-in-sub-folders-from-wherever/887bcf68-11c6-45ee-a2dd-ffe4be748030
  4. get e-mail in sub folders from wherever

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. DriverStore - Folder and sub-folders deleted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DriverStore - Folder and sub-folders deleted: I'm working on a machine, Dell Vostro 230 running V1803. All attempts to update to a more current version fail with error relating to bad path. I also noticed I cannot update any driver even if I download drivers direct from Dell. So I investigated and the DriverStore...
  6. Sorting folders and the sub folders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sorting folders and the sub folders: Hello. I have a huge music archive and recently had to format and clean install my windows 10, meanwhile I had my archive in my HDD. Now the problem is, my song folder had around 1200~ albums in it, every album in that main folder was ordered by Date and inside every album it...
  7. Sub folders created in email.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sub folders created in email.: I have Microsoft email. I have created several folders to store emails I may need to retrieve. However, most of the emails I've moved to a different folder from the inbox have disappeared. How can I stop this happening, and retrieve previously stored emails?...
  8. Windows 10 - Background Slideshow - Not showing sub-folder Photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - Background Slideshow - Not showing sub-folder Photos: Most everyone who has photos organizes them in sub-folders under the "Pictures" folder. In Windows 7, you could set the Background Slideshow to the "Pictures" folder and it would randomly show photos from any/all sub-folders included under the "Pictures" folder. Now in...
  9. sub folders & sub files from personal main folder turned to Shortcut with all contents gone...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sub folders & sub files from personal main folder turned to Shortcut with all contents gone...: Dear MS Expert, I've done a main folder moved (as per advice) over to OneDrive production past 2 days (Sep 11th) as backup prior to Windows 10 upgrade. I'm pretty sure all the sub folders & sub files does exist upon the move & this has been double triple etc checks the...
  10. Sub Folders missing from my Windows Live

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sub Folders missing from my Windows Live: Dear Sir/Madam When I opened my windows live mail yesterday, all my sub folders have gone missing, along with my inbox. After discussion with my phone provider, we have managed to get the inbox folder back, but not the sub folders I have created. Is there a way of...