Windows 10: Background selection

Discus and support Background selection in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Neither the picture or color I select for Background is working. My desktop will flash the picture as I move from 1 icon to the next on the task bar.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SK191517, Jan 1, 2020.

1. SK191517 Win User

Background selection

Neither the picture or color I select for Background is working. My desktop will flash the picture as I move from 1 icon to the next on the task bar.

:)

SK191517, Jan 1, 2020

2. Background applications

Hi Robert,

We understand that you don't want some apps to run on the background of your computer. What we suggest is to
    control which apps are allowed to run in the background. To see which apps have permission, just follow the below steps:

• Open the Start menu or Start screen and select “Settings.”
    • Click or tap the “Privacy” icon in the Settings.
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the list and select “Background apps.”
    • You’ll see a list of apps that have permission to run in the background with an “On/Off” toggle.
    Just bear in mind that, apps normally run in the background to update their live tiles, download new data, and receive notifications. If you want an app to continue performing these functions, you should allow it to continue running in
    the background.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Jan 1, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Task menu background transparency

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

Apologize for delay in reply.

As a workaround, I suggest you to change the desktop background/ remove the desktop background and check.

I suggest you to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.
    • Select Add an Account.
    • Enter a user name and hit Next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    • Check if issue persists.

Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Jan 1, 2020
  4. Background selection

changing the background images

Hi,

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• Have you made any changes on the computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you referring to desktop background image or lock screen image?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the background picture and check if it helps.

• In the search type as ‘Settings’ and click on it.
    • Select ‘Personalization’, under ‘Background’ option select as ‘Picture’.
    • Under ‘Choose your picture’ select any picture accordingly or you can browse the picture from your computer.

You may refer to the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17144/windows-10-change-desktop-background

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Jan 1, 2020
Thema:

Background selection

1. Background selection - Similar Threads - Background selection

2. Do themes override background selection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do themes override background selection: I have a weird problem that I cannot get my Win11 theme selection to stick. Whenever my system comes out of sleep mode or restarts my background image is reverted to an image from a theme that, according to my installed themes, doesn't even exist on my machine. Why does my...
  3. Do themes override background selection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do themes override background selection: I have a weird problem that I cannot get my Win11 theme selection to stick. Whenever my system comes out of sleep mode or restarts my background image is reverted to an image from a theme that, according to my installed themes, doesn't even exist on my machine. Why does my...
  4. Pictures won't appear for selection when I try to change background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pictures won't appear for selection when I try to change background: I've been trying to change my lock screen and wallpaper, but when I go to click a picture or even a folder -- no photos show up. It appears on my laptop, but just not when I try to change my background. I saw this same question and there was an answer, but the command ran...
  5. Pictures won't appear for selection when I try to change background

Pictures won't appear for selection when I try to change background: I've been trying to change my lock screen and wallpaper, but when I go to click a picture or even a folder -- no photos show up. It appears on my laptop, but just not when I try to change my background. I saw this same question and there was an answer, but the command ran...
  6. Pictures won't appear for selection when I try to change background

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How does one change the background of a windows 10 when it will not let you select the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How does one change the background of a windows 10 when it will not let you select the...: I have been trying to change the background of my desktop background, but it kept going to solid black. I did research as to why this was happening and it said that the transcoded desktop background could be corrupted, so I deleted the transcoded one because it was not...
  8. How does one change the background of a windows 10 when it will not let you select the...

How does one change the background of a windows 10 when it will not let you select the...: I have been trying to change the background of my desktop background, but it kept going to solid black. I did research as to why this was happening and it said that the transcoded desktop background could be corrupted, so I deleted the transcoded one because it was not...
  9. How does one change the background of a windows 10 when it will not let you select the...

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. How do I disable the background from going dimmer and the selected app being the only one...

How do I disable the background from going dimmer and the selected app being the only one...: Image sums it up, google chrome is selected while everything in the background gets dimmer, happens with every app too.I think this issue started with Windows 11, I'm not sure if it's a feature or a glitch because I can't find anything about it in the Settings....