Windows 10: Background: Set for Monitor # appears twice

Discus and support Background: Set for Monitor # appears twice in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just recently reinstalled Windows 10 on my machine. After getting the OS all set up, I ended up just copying my entire appdata folder from my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by catte-, Feb 23, 2020.

1. catte- Win User

Background: Set for Monitor # appears twice

I just recently reinstalled Windows 10 on my machine. After getting the OS all set up, I ended up just copying my entire appdata folder from my previous installation to this new one, which has caused me a few slight annoyances; I suspect this is also a symptom of that. Any idea how to remove the duplicate monitor options here?

Background: Set for Monitor # appears twice 742848b2-120a-459f-9048-c769423d3528?upload=true.jpg

:)

catte-, Feb 23, 2020

2. (4K DP, 1440p DP, 1200p DVI-D) Triple monitor setup; 2 monitors have the same background when background is set to slideshow shuffle

My setup:

• CPU: Intel Core i7-3770
    • GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition, fully updated drivers

Steps to reproduce:

1. Connect the monitors as in the title
    2. Set wallpaper background to shuffle in Windows Settings

What happens:

2 of the monitors (always adjacent to each other) have the same background.

What should happen:

All 3 monitors should have different backgrounds.

Anyone ever seen this before? Any ideas?

Judah_Richardson, Feb 23, 2020
  3. Setting different Backgrounds for Dual Monitors in Windows 10

Just press Windows + R keys to bring up then type or paste in the following:
    • control /name Microsoft.Personalization /page pageWallpaper
    the "Desktop Background" setting will appear. From there, just right-click an image and choose which monitor you'd like it to display to.

cyberghost, Feb 23, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Different Backgrounds on each monitor

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that you are unable to set different wallpapers on each monitors.

We would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below and see if that helps.

Method 1: Identify Displays.

Try using the Identify option to identify the displays and then check if you can set different background. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I, to open
      Settings
    2. Click on System, and select
      Display
      on the left pane.
    3. Now, under Rearrange your displays, click on
      Identify to identify the displays.

Refer screenshot below:

Background: Set for Monitor # appears twice 8f709fba-58a5-4927-8b85-7b2e6d47a4a3?upload=true.png

Once the displays are identified as Monitor 1 and Monitor 2, try setting the background.

Method 2: Duplicating Displays

One other thing we can try is to set the displays to Duplicate first and then Extend them.

To Duplicate the Displays, press Windows key + P, and select
    Duplicate. Follow the same steps and select Extend.

After Extending the displays, check if we get the option to set different backgrounds.

Method 3: Reinstall Display Drivers.

If Method 1 and 2 didn’t help, we can try uninstalling and reinstalling the Display Drivers. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Display adapters.
    3. Now, right click on the Display
      device
      and select Uninstall Device.
    4. Once the device is uninstalled, click on Actions and select
      Scan for hardware changes.
    5. Restart the computer.

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Background: Set for Monitor # appears twice - Similar Threads - Background Set Monitor

2. Images in sent emails appear twice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Images in sent emails appear twice: Whenever I email images from Windows Mail application the recipient sees them duplicated underneath the email.This only happens when i email from Mail on my PC and not from my Ipad or Iphone using the same email accounts....
  3. Images in sent emails appear twice

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Images in sent emails appear twice: Whenever I email images from Windows Mail application the recipient sees them duplicated underneath the email.This only happens when i email from Mail on my PC and not from my Ipad or Iphone using the same email accounts....
  4. Hard drive appears twice

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive appears twice: My file explorer shows my d drive twice. I have already did the suggested regedit to remove it. After doing that the drive remains. Also the key that you need to remove is not in the registry. Any Ideas? Is is possible to manually enter the key then delete it?...
  5. Different monitor backgrounds for dual monitor set up.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Different monitor backgrounds for dual monitor set up.: How do I set dual backgrounds on two different monitors? When I go to personalize and right click on the background picture option where it says "Choose your picture" to set to a specific monitor it gives me three options: Set for all monitors, Set for monitor 2, and Set for...
  6. uhh drive appears twice

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    uhh drive appears twice: the drives appear twice???[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uhh-drive-appears-twice/69a5543b-a9cb-4c74-a78b-1c5bbed48194
  7. Set Vertical Background For Second Monitor (Unactivated)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Set Vertical Background For Second Monitor (Unactivated): Hello, I am trying to set the wallpaper for my new monitor. It is the same as the one on my main (horizontal) monitor and is showing a portion of it. Can I have different backgrounds for different monitors with different orientations while having an unactivated Windows 10? I...
  8. I expect "settings" appears at the background apps. It is not. Why?

in Windows 10 Customization
    I expect "settings" appears at the background apps. It is not. Why?: Refer to my screen dump of "Settings - Privacy - Background apps". "Settings" does not appear among the background apps. How to get it back? [ATTACH] sksks...
  9. External disk appearing twice in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    External disk appearing twice in Explorer: Hope someone can help me. I have 2 external disks - labelled M & N which I use for backups. When they are connected however, they appear twice in Explorer Attachment 240106 This is very confusing especially as they are listed so close to each other - as N can appear above...
  10. SD card drive appearing twice?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SD card drive appearing twice?: Can somebody explain why the SD card drive E: is appearing twice on the left column? Thanks for your help! 63604