Windows 10: Background setting don't save

Discus and support Background setting don't save in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've seen this issue in previous much older posts, and none of the fixes or suggestion resolved my issue. I changed my setting in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LODUCA, Nov 4, 2019.

1. LODUCA Win User

Background setting don't save

I've seen this issue in previous much older posts, and none of the fixes or suggestion resolved my issue. I changed my setting in settings-->Background, changed Background to slideshow and I chose an album from my desktop. Change picture every 30 minutes, Shuffle on, Allow when on battery power, and choose fit is Center. and I picked a background color. When I reboot, or come back from dormant, background changes from Slideshow to picture, it seems to have random picked a picture from the folder to stick with for the day. And Fit changes to tile (Thought it appears to stretch not tile.) Iam running on a machine where I am the only user, On Windows 10 Enterprise edition, version 1709, OS Build 16299.1451. It does the same thing whether I am running with just the laptop screen or a combination of laptop and 1 or 2 extra monitors (Though with extra monitors I get different pictures on the screens. Things worked fine since I have been on Win10 until I switched to my own images for the background about 3 weeks ago.

:)

LODUCA, Nov 4, 2019

2. AMD A10-6800K 4.1GHz Quad Core Overclocking possibility

Thanks, have heard this before...is their a step by step procedure to OC using the bios settings you suggest.
    i don’t intend pushing this to its limit...but some increase would be great, any suggestions on a good air cooler ?

thanks

reddwarf4ever, Nov 4, 2019
  3. Set background slideshow

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to set slide desktop.

• Press Windows logo key + I key.
    • Click on Personalization.
    • Under Background dropdown menu, select slideshow.
    • Click on Browse button and then select the folder from which the desktop slide’s to be applied.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Nov 4, 2019
  4. Background setting don't save

Background applications

Hi Robert,

We understand that you don't want some apps to run on the background of your computer. What we suggest is to
    control which apps are allowed to run in the background. To see which apps have permission, just follow the below steps:

• Open the Start menu or Start screen and select “Settings.”
    • Click or tap the “Privacy” icon in the Settings.
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the list and select “Background apps.”
    • You’ll see a list of apps that have permission to run in the background with an “On/Off” toggle.
    Just bear in mind that, apps normally run in the background to update their live tiles, download new data, and receive notifications. If you want an app to continue performing these functions, you should allow it to continue running in
    the background.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

Background setting don't save

1. Background setting don't save - Similar Threads - Background setting don't

2. Energy Save Settings don't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Energy Save Settings don't work: My Win11 PC does not heed the recommended energy saving settings. The monitor does shut off after three minutes, but the machine stays on forever. Even when I put it to sleep via the Start button, it turns on again after a few seconds. What is wrong?...
  3. Energy Save Settings don't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Energy Save Settings don't work: My Win11 PC does not heed the recommended energy saving settings. The monitor does shut off after three minutes, but the machine stays on forever. Even when I put it to sleep via the Start button, it turns on again after a few seconds. What is wrong?...
  4. Not saving background

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Not saving background: [ATTACH] Does anyone know why it won't save my background? submitted by /u/_leo____ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/12qf8gc/not_saving_background/
  5. Wallpaper - Setting three different backgrounds won't stay "saved.."

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wallpaper - Setting three different backgrounds won't stay "saved..": Here's the set-up - I have two 32" 4K BENQ monitors set in the landscape position and one 27" 2K BENQ monitor set in the portrait position.It doesn't matter the method used to set the wallpapers - through personalization or just using "right-click, set as desktop background",...
  6. Devices Don't Save Settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Devices Don't Save Settings: Hello! On my microphone, it has 2 buttons to control the volume. Every time I turn on my computer, I have to press the volume down button on the microphone 6 times before it's the volume I want. Is there anyway to have that save and I don't have to do it every time? It's...
  7. Devices Don't Save Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Devices Don't Save Settings: Hello! On my microphone, it has 2 buttons to control the volume. Every time I turn on my computer, I have to press the volume down button on the microphone 6 times before it's the volume I want. Is there anyway to have that save and I don't have to do it every time? It's...
  8. Devices Don't Save Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Saving background picture

Saving background picture: How can I save my background picture properly so that I will reappear again after machine restart? The posts shown in the community is very complicated. I don't understand...
  10. Windows Background Slideshow settings not saving

Windows Background Slideshow settings not saving: Hi guys, So recently, I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and had some fun times with Rainmetere messing with my profile to the point I had to rip it out to get back into my profile (More about this later) One of the problems I noticed was in the personalization,...