Windows 10: Background Slideshow Setting not Functioning Properly

Discus and support Background Slideshow Setting not Functioning Properly in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've put my desktop background to change the wallpaper every day, but it changes 2 or 3 times daily. I can't seem to find a solution for this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MarcosLugo, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Background Slideshow Setting not Functioning Properly

I've put my desktop background to change the wallpaper every day, but it changes 2 or 3 times daily. I can't seem to find a solution for this anywhere, so now I ask, is there a way to fix this?

Background Slideshow Setting not Functioning Properly a2813ada-885a-47e7-9bcb-592e29b78ffe?upload=true.png

:)

MarcosLugo, Aug 1, 2018

2. Set background slideshow

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to set slide desktop.

• Press Windows logo key + I key.
    • Click on Personalization.
    • Under Background dropdown menu, select slideshow.
    • Click on Browse button and then select the folder from which the desktop slide’s to be applied.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Aug 1, 2018
  3. Sooner Al Win User
    Can not create a desktop background slideshow

After upgrading to Windows 10 (from Windows 8.1) this morning the desktop background slideshow function does not work. If I right click on the desktop and select
    Personalize then select Slideshow and browse to an album with my backgrounds the folder shows no photos. If, however, I select
    Picture and browse to the same folder all of my backgrounds are there. Likewise I can set a solid color as a background. Its only the Slideshow functionality that is not working.

So how to solve this issue... Please note the desktop background Slideshow function worked well for me with Windows 8.1...

In an old post for Windows 8 I found one user suggested looking in the power settings and making sure the
    Slideshow setting is set to Available versus Paused. My power setting is set to
    Available for both battery and plugged in.

Sooner Al, Aug 1, 2018
  4. Background Slideshow Setting not Functioning Properly

Picture set turn background to slideshow

Hi Henry,

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Can you outline the troubleshooting steps that you have performed to fix the issue?

2. Does the issue occur with other images as well or only the one saved in the desktop?

For now, I suggest that you follow the steps below to change the slideshow option and check.

1. Go to the Settings application

2. Click on Personalization, select Picture from that top dropdown

If the above did not help, change the background picture that you have set and check.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Aug 1, 2018
Thema:

Background Slideshow Setting not Functioning Properly

1. Background Slideshow Setting not Functioning Properly - Similar Threads - Background Slideshow Setting

2. Slideshow background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slideshow background: I tried to change my background to a slideshow and it won't work. It is a brand new laptop with windows 11. I went to settings, then personalisation then background and selected slide show and selected a folder from my photos. I filled out the settings play on battery saver...
  3. background slideshow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    background slideshow: in window 11. when i select a folder to have a slideshow of image,only a part of it,are showing. it it start again with the sama image. why it not showing all image? they are a setting where i can select all in one click? thank you for your help....
  4. background slideshow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    background slideshow: in window 11. when i select a folder to have a slideshow of image,only a part of it,are showing. it it start again with the sama image. why it not showing all image? they are a setting where i can select all in one click? thank you for your help....
  5. background slideshow

in Windows 10 Customization
    background slideshow: when I choose a fit in background for the slideshow some of the pictures are no so good in that fit but it is the best over all. how do I preview for background for clarity of image and such. i don't want and shouldn't have to wait the duration or "change picture every" of...
  6. Background Slideshow not changing properly anymore

Background Slideshow not changing properly anymore: Up until two weeks ago, changing hkey_current_user\control panel\personalization\desktop slideshow\interval to 10000 decimal allowed your slides to change every ten seconds....this has worked forever. After the most recent update, the slides on my 3 monitors change every 30...
  7. Slideshow for background

Slideshow for background: I want to use a slideshow for the background. I have 2 monitors. I would like each monitor to use a different picture of the slideshow. With Pictures, I can do it, but with a slideshow, I can't. Can somebody help me out?...
  8. background slideshow

background slideshow: unable to get slideshow to change background picture in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-slideshow/3292776d-7a0d-4056-a3e8-f2a64e6f89db
  9. Background Slideshow

Background Slideshow: With Windows 7 I could set a background slideshow of my pictures by picking from all of my pictures. With Windows 10, it looks like I cannot do that without arranging the chosen pictures in a series first. I admit that I'm not that Windows savvy, but is there any way to set a...
  10. Windows Background Slideshow settings not saving

Windows Background Slideshow settings not saving: Hi guys, So recently, I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and had some fun times with Rainmetere messing with my profile to the point I had to rip it out to get back into my profile (More about this later) One of the problems I noticed was in the personalization,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Background Slideshow Setting not Functioning Properly