Windows 10: Background slideshow stops working

Discus and support Background slideshow stops working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Greetings - A minor annoyance with background slideshow - it works for 2-3 days then seems to "forget" to cycle to new background images. If I go to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Greg Kastanek, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Background slideshow stops working

Greetings -

A minor annoyance with background slideshow - it works for 2-3 days then seems to "forget" to cycle to new background images. If I go to Settings > Personalization > Background it will immediately change the background before I can change any settings. The settings look right so I don't attempt to change anything and everything works again - for another 2-3 days and the process repeats. Going through this always puts things right but it's always temporary - it's just irritating to constantly have to do this to get things working again.

This is a Win10 desktop with 3 monitors attached third monitor is a TV set to antenna input most of the time so I only see desktop backgrounds on it occasionally. I have everything set up so that every monitor has a different background and every hour the background changes on one of them. The next hour the background changes on the next monitor and so on.

I also have a problem with the screensaver not invoking. I had that set to 120 minutes but it quit working. If I set it to 1 minute it works. I no longer care about the screensaver and have shut it off, I only mention it because it might have a bearing on the background issue.

Thanks to anyone that can shed some light on this.

:)

Greg Kastanek, Jul 7, 2020

2. Set background slideshow

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to set slide desktop.

• Press Windows logo key + I key.
    • Click on Personalization.
    • Under Background dropdown menu, select slideshow.
    • Click on Browse button and then select the folder from which the desktop slide’s to be applied.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jul 7, 2020
  3. Liezl Fal Win User
    Slideshow stop working on window 10

Let's troubleshoot things further by doing the following steps then see how it goes.

• Right click on your desktop and choose Personalize.
    • Choose Background and choose Slideshow.
    • Choose the correct album for your slideshow.
    • Choose 1 minute.
    • Choose On for Shuffle.
    • Save Settings.
    We will wait for your updates.

Regards.

Liezl Fal, Jul 7, 2020
  4. Background slideshow stops working

Background slideshow not working

I have a background slideshow in operation, inherited from Windows 7 when I changed to Windows 10. I know how to personalise the background, but the slideshow does not work when I select a folder other than the one I inherited, even when there are suitable background pictures in the folder. Obviously, I could just put pictures for my background into the one folder which does work, but I would like to be able to select any picture folder, as should work. Can anyone help?
    Cheers
    R

ralphholmes, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

Background slideshow stops working

1. Background slideshow stops working - Similar Threads - Background slideshow stops

2. Slideshow background not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slideshow background not working.: Slideshow background doesn't work on Windows 11.Even though I never set it up in Windows 11, it automatically came over when I installed and started using Windows 11. I never did anything to change it. But then, after 10 days, it stopped working and nothing I did could bring...
  3. Slideshow background not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slideshow background not working.: Slideshow background doesn't work on Windows 11.Even though I never set it up in Windows 11, it automatically came over when I installed and started using Windows 11. I never did anything to change it. But then, after 10 days, it stopped working and nothing I did could bring...
  4. My Background Slideshow is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Background Slideshow is not working: I have tried everything that was suggested. My settings were already set to what was suggested. I even tried to save my Theme for sharing. It only let me save it as a .deskthemepack. I didn't have any other options.I do notice that as soon as I right click on the screen and...
  5. My Background Slideshow is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Background Slideshow is not working: I have tried everything that was suggested. My settings were already set to what was suggested. I even tried to save my Theme for sharing. It only let me save it as a .deskthemepack. I didn't have any other options.I do notice that as soon as I right click on the screen and...
  6. My Background Slideshow is not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Slideshow Background Not Working

Slideshow Background Not Working: I wanted to start using a slideshow lockscreen background recently so I made a new folder with all the pictures I wanted. After opening the lockscreen settings I changed the wallpaper to slideshow and deleted the default albums that were already there. For some reason, after...
  8. Background Slideshow

Background Slideshow: With Windows 7 I could set a background slideshow of my pictures by picking from all of my pictures. With Windows 10, it looks like I cannot do that without arranging the chosen pictures in a series first. I admit that I'm not that Windows savvy, but is there any way to set a...
  9. Creators update has stopped background slideshow working

Creators update has stopped background slideshow working: Has anyone else experienced this? Just been updated to Creators (after several failed attempts using loads of valuable bandwidth!) and this has broken my background slideshow settings, leaving my two screens stuck on the same image. My previous personalisation settings...
  10. Background slideshow not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Background slideshow not working: I have a background slideshow in operation, inherited from Windows 7 when I changed to Windows 10. I know how to personalise the background, but the slideshow does not work when I select a folder other than the one I inherited, even when there are suitable background pictures...