Windows 10: Background Slideshow

Discus and support Background Slideshow in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; With Windows 7 I could set a background slideshow of my pictures by picking from all of my pictures. With Windows 10, it looks like I cannot do that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Pittpepa, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Pittpepa Win User

Background Slideshow

With Windows 7 I could set a background slideshow of my pictures by picking from all of my pictures. With Windows 10, it looks like I cannot do that without arranging the chosen pictures in a series first. I admit that I'm not that Windows savvy, but is there any way to set a slideshow by just picking from my pictures like in Windows 7?

Thanks,

Cliff Sperry

:)

Pittpepa, Sep 21, 2015

2. Slideshow set to fit big landscape images overflowing into 2nd and 3rd monitor

Which specific slideshow? Do you mean the desktop background slideshow, the screensaver slideshow, or the lock screen slideshow?

zachd [MSFT], Sep 21, 2015
  3. Themes slideshow doesn't work on a brand new windows 10 computer

What is your background currently set to?

What happens when you try to set something as a slideshow?

The slideshow timing choices are available in the Settings application under Personalization in the Background section when "Slideshow" is chosen in the top drop-down listbox.

zachd [MSFT], Sep 21, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Background Slideshow

Brink, Sep 21, 2015
  5. DJRoff Win User
    I just had to fiddle with this yesterday, because when I set up my second computer and it initially forced me to log into my MS account, it altered the background on my main machine (which was already logged in). So I had to figure out how to set that back to the slideshow I had previously.
    Here are the couple differences I noticed, from the way it used to be in Win 7 and 8: When you right-click Personalize from the desktop, it goes directly to the new Settings app, which behaves differently than we're used to. Under Background, there is a drop-down which lets you pick "Slideshow". We used to be able to open that folder and select which pics from the folder to be included in the slideshow. Now, the contents of this folder will not be shown to you... if you select that folder, all of those pics will constitute your slideshow.
    To change which pics are in your slideshow, you have to go through the normal Folder Explorer and load the folder with just the pics you want. Anything you insert into that folder will show up in the slideshow. That's what worked for me.

DJRoff, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Background Slideshow

1. Background Slideshow - Similar Threads - Background Slideshow

2. Different folders per monitor for background slideshow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different folders per monitor for background slideshow: I have 2 monitors and one is set up vertically and one the standard horizontal. Is it possible to have two different folders for the background slideshow? I want vertical oriented photos to cycle through for the vertical monitor and then horizontal oriented ones for the main...
  3. Different folders per monitor for background slideshow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Different folders per monitor for background slideshow: I have 2 monitors and one is set up vertically and one the standard horizontal. Is it possible to have two different folders for the background slideshow? I want vertical oriented photos to cycle through for the vertical monitor and then horizontal oriented ones for the main...
  4. Desktop background slideshow settings keeps changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop background slideshow settings keeps changing: i have my picture file folder selected which is great, its showing the pictures.The issue is the option that says "change picture every" then gives you the drop down menu of interval time, "1 minute" "10minute" etc, keeps changing every time i load up my computer. I want it...
  5. Desktop background slideshow settings keeps changing

Desktop background slideshow settings keeps changing: i have my picture file folder selected which is great, its showing the pictures.The issue is the option that says "change picture every" then gives you the drop down menu of interval time, "1 minute" "10minute" etc, keeps changing every time i load up my computer. I want it...
  6. Windows Explorer pops up anytime my desktop background changes as part of my slideshow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer pops up anytime my desktop background changes as part of my slideshow: This has been an ongoing issue since Windows 10, as far as I can tell. Is Microsoft ever going to address and fix this? The last time I ever saw someone mention this issue is a forum post from SEVEN years ago. If I have Windows Explorer open because I'm browsing through my...
  7. Windows Explorer pops up anytime my desktop background changes as part of my slideshow

Windows Explorer pops up anytime my desktop background changes as part of my slideshow: This has been an ongoing issue since Windows 10, as far as I can tell. Is Microsoft ever going to address and fix this? The last time I ever saw someone mention this issue is a forum post from SEVEN years ago. If I have Windows Explorer open because I'm browsing through my...
  8. After a recent Windows update installed, the images in my "slideshow" Background are...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After a recent Windows update installed, the images in my "slideshow" Background are...: I cannot figure out how to go back to the "less zoomed in" slideshow I so very much enjoy. I've tried available Personalization options Fill, Fit, etc. and nothing returns them to the way they looked before. It's as if Fit the best option and what I had it set to prior to the...
  9. After a recent Windows update installed, the images in my "slideshow" Background are...

After a recent Windows update installed, the images in my "slideshow" Background are...: I cannot figure out how to go back to the "less zoomed in" slideshow I so very much enjoy. I've tried available Personalization options Fill, Fit, etc. and nothing returns them to the way they looked before. It's as if Fit the best option and what I had it set to prior to the...
  10. Slideshow background not working.

Slideshow background not working.: Slideshow background doesn't work on Windows 11.Even though I never set it up in Windows 11, it automatically came over when I installed and started using Windows 11. I never did anything to change it. But then, after 10 days, it stopped working and nothing I did could bring...