Windows 10: Background (Wallpaper) not syncing, even though sync function is on

Discus and support Background (Wallpaper) not syncing, even though sync function is on in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10 1903 (OS Build 18362.388 I remember, in the early days of Windows 10 if you had more than one computer with Windows 10 on it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gods10urles, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Background (Wallpaper) not syncing, even though sync function is on

I'm running Windows 10 1903 (OS Build 18362.388

I remember, in the early days of Windows 10 if you had more than one computer with Windows 10 on it when you changed the background on one computer the background on the the other computer would automatically change to that background..

I've been trying to get my computers in sync with each other so it will do that again (i'm logged in with the same account on both computers). and have enabled all the "sync your settings" on both computers but still the background on my second computer is not automatically syncing with my main computer.

Background (Wallpaper) not syncing, even though sync function is on [​IMG]

Is there a setting i'm missing that needs to be enabled on both computers?

I was wondering if there's a way to to delete (remove the sync settings completely) on both computers and redo the sync settings again.

Thanks in advance,
    Bryan

:)

gods10urles, Oct 7, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

Things to do once connected new G-Sync monitor

I'm getting my G-Sync monitor today.

I think I have to take the following steps:

• Connect 1440p G-sync monitor with DP cable
    • Connect second 1080p 60Hz monitor by HDMI
    • Startup PC
    • Reinstall display driver
    • Restart PC (I always do that after display driver install)
    • Activate G-Sync in NV control panel (I believe also V-Sync is auto on after that?)
    • Set my 1440p monitor from 1080p to 1440p
    • Calibrate my 1440p monitor
    Also ingame, I should turn off V-Sync?
    Are there any problems running a second 60Hz 1080p monitor?

Is there anything else I should do/know?

P4-630, Oct 7, 2019
  3. G-Sync is Dead. VESA Adds Adaptive-Sync to DisplayPort Standard

We shall see.. there are a lot of steps involved to actually get adoption.. In the meantime G-Sync works today

Hitman_Actual, Oct 7, 2019
  4. Background (Wallpaper) not syncing, even though sync function is on

Themes not syncing backgrounds

Hi,

I have a theme on my desktop PC which obtains its backgrounds from a folder in My Documents. There are about 300 in there. I have no issues with the theme using all the backgrounds available.

Until, that is, I switch on the sync theme option. Then the theme which magically appears on my laptop is the same, but only has about 10 backgrounds which the theme is accessing in a new folder called Desktopbackgrounds. In other words, they don't all sync across.

I go back to my desktop PC and it then has the same issue. Instead of using the folder in My Documents with all my backgrounds in, it is also only using the 10 or so stored in the roaming folder Desktopbackgrounds.

Its a real shame, because I'd like to sync my theme across my PC and laptop, but if it doesn't let more than 10 backgrounds sync, whats the point!

Anyone else have this issue?

Matt

zaarin2003, Oct 7, 2019
Thema:

Background (Wallpaper) not syncing, even though sync function is on

1. Background (Wallpaper) not syncing, even though sync function is on - Similar Threads - Background Wallpaper syncing

2. Settings and wallpaper synced between computers, even when the Sync setting is disabled

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings and wallpaper synced between computers, even when the Sync setting is disabled: So I have a QWERTY laptop and an AZERTY desktop, both linked to the same microsoft account. And even thought the "Sync my Settings" option is disabled, my desktop still automatically changes my wallpeper to the one I have on my laptop, and some of my settings too for example...
  3. Erroneous wallpapers synced - how to stop *only* wallpapers from syncing?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Erroneous wallpapers synced - how to stop *only* wallpapers from syncing?: Whilst I generally appreciate the syncing of settings between my various Windows 10 devices it has occured more than once that Windows synced the wrong wallpaper to my other devices. Sometimes, I misclick and set a picture as my wallpaper instead of editing it through the...
  4. Background (Wallpaper) not syncing, even though sync function is on

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Background (Wallpaper) not syncing, even though sync function is on: I'm running Windows 10 1903 (OS Build 18362.388 I remember, in the early days of Windows 10 if you had more than one computer with Windows 10 on it when you changed the background on one computer the background on the the other computer would automatically change to that...
  5. Background (Wallpaper) not syncing, even though sync function is turned on both computers...

Background (Wallpaper) not syncing, even though sync function is turned on both computers...: I remember, in the early days of Windows 10 if you had more than one computer with Windows 10 on it when you changed the background on one computer the background on the the other computer would automatically change to that background.. I'm trying to get my computers in...
  6. Background (Wallpaper) not syncing, even though sync function is turned on both computers...

Background (Wallpaper) not syncing, even though sync function is turned on both computers...: I remember, in the early days of Windows 10 if you had more than one computer with Windows 10 on it when you changed the background on one computer the background on the the other computer would automatically change to that background.. I'm trying to get my computers in...
  7. Background (Wallpaper) not syncing, even though sync function is turned on both computers...

8. Chrome not syncing anything even though set to sync

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome not syncing anything even though set to sync: I installed win 10 pro, then chrome, then signed in to chrome. Normally it simply starts syncing, sends everything, passwords, bookmarks, etc.. apps. But it refuses to sync. Tried turning off signing out signing in, turning sync on. it claims its syncing, but no evidence. I...
  9. Backgrounds not syncing

Backgrounds not syncing: Hi Everyone, Just got a new HP Envy 360. Setting up Windows, and everything synced up well. Unfortunately while doing some setup bits, the background all of a sudden went back to a standard Windows picture as the background. Checked my syncing settings, and they're all...
  10. Themes not syncing backgrounds

Themes not syncing backgrounds: Hi, I have a theme on my desktop PC which obtains its backgrounds from a folder in My Documents. There are about 300 in there. I have no issues with the theme using all the backgrounds available. Until, that is, I switch on the sync theme option. Then the theme which...