Windows 10: Background (Wallpaper) not syncing, even though sync function is turned on both computers...

Discus and support Background (Wallpaper) not syncing, even though sync function is turned on both computers... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I remember, in the early days of Windows 10 if you had more than one computer with Windows 10 on it when you changed the background on one computer the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BryanGarccia1988, Oct 4, 2019.

1. Background (Wallpaper) not syncing, even though sync function is turned on both computers...

I remember, in the early days of Windows 10 if you had more than one computer with Windows 10 on it when you changed the background on one computer the background on the the other computer would automatically change to that background..

I'm trying to get my computers in sync with each other so it will do that again (i'm logged in with the same account on both computers). and have enabled all the "sync your settings" on both computers but still the background on my second computer is not automatically syncing with my main computer.

Is there a setting i'm missing that needs to be enabled on both computers?

Background (Wallpaper) not syncing, even though sync function is turned on both computers... ef3d4716-d8e9-4e80-b45a-4f50e388c1ba?upload=true.png

:)

BryanGarccia1988, Oct 4, 2019

2. Wallpaper not syncing across computers

Hi,

I have a weird problem. I log into my laptop and PC with the same MS account and have sync everything ticked on both computers. So, in theory, the theme should sync between them, correct?

Well, I use the folder C:\Users\username\Pictures\Wallpapers to store over 300 wallpaper pictures. I make sure that this location is specified as the location of my slideshow in the Settings\Personalisation\Background screen.

Well, strangely, every time I log onto either computer, I realise that I am seeing one of only about 5 different pictures as my desktop wallpaper. I go into Settings/Personalisation/Background and under 'Choose albums for your slideshow' the folder Desktopbackground is apparently selected. It is as if Windows has decided that it wants to use the Desktopbackground folder instead of what I want. I have no idea what this folder is, or why it contains about 5 of the pictures I keep in my wallpaper folder. Anyway, I change it back to my Wallpapers folder and all my glorious pictures come back again.

Everything is fine, until I turn the computer off. When I log back in, yep, Windows has decided to use Desktopbackground folder instead.

This is very frustrating.

Can anyone shed any light please? I don't know if it helps, but I suspect that this Desktopbackground folder is something to do with Roaming.

Thanks

Matt

zaarin2003, Oct 4, 2019
  3. KHL
    khl Win User
    Windows 10 wallpaper sync

Something that works some times and doesn't work other times.

Two Windows 10 computers on the same workgroup and signed into the same Microsoft account and operating through the same router and sharing the same Internet account. All Windows 10 sync settings are turned on for both computers and network discovery is turned on for both computers.

Sometimes when the wallpaper background is changed on one computer, that background also changes on both computers. However, at other times when the identical action is taken, the change of wallpaper on one computer will have no effect on the other. There's no apparent explanation of why this does happen or does not happen.

This is not a problem. Rather, it's an unexplained mystery that appears to be unsolvable.

When I posted the question in a Microsoft forum. one of the "MSFT" experts insinuated that wallpaper syncing does not work regardless of what others say. The response was "Wallpaper synchronization is done on a lazy basis so that we don't get in the way of other system activities. I would not expect it to be able to be used to synchronize two systems. You could turn off synching and instead manually set each to be equal to the other, though. Background (Wallpaper) not syncing, even though sync function is turned on both computers... :)"

4. P4-630 Win User

Background (Wallpaper) not syncing, even though sync function is turned on both computers...

Things to do once connected new G-Sync monitor

I'm getting my G-Sync monitor today.

I think I have to take the following steps:

• Connect 1440p G-sync monitor with DP cable
    • Connect second 1080p 60Hz monitor by HDMI
    • Startup PC
    • Reinstall display driver
    • Restart PC (I always do that after display driver install)
    • Activate G-Sync in NV control panel (I believe also V-Sync is auto on after that?)
    • Set my 1440p monitor from 1080p to 1440p
    • Calibrate my 1440p monitor
    Also ingame, I should turn off V-Sync?
    Are there any problems running a second 60Hz 1080p monitor?

Is there anything else I should do/know?

P4-630, Oct 4, 2019
Thema:

Background (Wallpaper) not syncing, even though sync function is turned on both computers...

1. Background (Wallpaper) not syncing, even though sync function is turned on both computers... - Similar Threads - Background Wallpaper syncing

2. Settings and wallpaper synced between computers, even when the Sync setting is disabled

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings and wallpaper synced between computers, even when the Sync setting is disabled: So I have a QWERTY laptop and an AZERTY desktop, both linked to the same microsoft account. And even thought the "Sync my Settings" option is disabled, my desktop still automatically changes my wallpeper to the one I have on my laptop, and some of my settings too for example...
  3. Onedrive will not sync files on both computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive will not sync files on both computers: I have two computers, both running Windows 10. I have a paid Onedrive account with 100 GB of storage that has plenty of available storage. Onedrive is set up on both computers using the same account. The problem is I can only get the files on one computer to sync files to...
  4. Background (Wallpaper) not syncing, even though sync function is on

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Background (Wallpaper) not syncing, even though sync function is on: I'm running Windows 10 1903 (OS Build 18362.388 I remember, in the early days of Windows 10 if you had more than one computer with Windows 10 on it when you changed the background on one computer the background on the the other computer would automatically change to that...
  5. Background (Wallpaper) not syncing, even though sync function is on

in Windows 10 Support
    Background (Wallpaper) not syncing, even though sync function is on: I'm running Windows 10 1903 (OS Build 18362.388 I remember, in the early days of Windows 10 if you had more than one computer with Windows 10 on it when you changed the background on one computer the background on the the other computer would automatically change to that...
  6. Background (Wallpaper) not syncing, even though sync function is turned on both computers...

Background (Wallpaper) not syncing, even though sync function is turned on both computers...: I remember, in the early days of Windows 10 if you had more than one computer with Windows 10 on it when you changed the background on one computer the background on the the other computer would automatically change to that background.. I'm trying to get my computers in...
  7. Background (Wallpaper) not syncing, even though sync function is turned on both computers...

Background (Wallpaper) not syncing, even though sync function is turned on both computers...: I remember, in the early days of Windows 10 if you had more than one computer with Windows 10 on it when you changed the background on one computer the background on the the other computer would automatically change to that background.. I'm trying to get my computers in...
  8. Chrome not syncing anything even though set to sync

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome not syncing anything even though set to sync: I installed win 10 pro, then chrome, then signed in to chrome. Normally it simply starts syncing, sends everything, passwords, bookmarks, etc.. apps. But it refuses to sync. Tried turning off signing out signing in, turning sync on. it claims its syncing, but no evidence. I...
  9. Backgrounds not syncing

Backgrounds not syncing: Hi Everyone, Just got a new HP Envy 360. Setting up Windows, and everything synced up well. Unfortunately while doing some setup bits, the background all of a sudden went back to a standard Windows picture as the background. Checked my syncing settings, and they're all...
  10. Wallpaper not syncing across computers

Wallpaper not syncing across computers: Hi, I have a weird problem. I log into my laptop and PC with the same MS account and have sync everything ticked on both computers. So, in theory, the theme should sync between them, correct? Well, I use the folder C:\Users\username\Pictures\Wallpapers to store over 300...