Windows 10: Background white

Discus and support Background white in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is it possible to change the white background colour in windows. I know this can be done with Window Blinds program but is there another method ? 143319 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ash55, Oct 27, 2019.

1. ash55 Win User

Background white

Is it possible to change the white background colour in windows. I know this can be done with Window Blinds program but is there another method ?

:)

ash55, Oct 27, 2019
  2. nt62 Win User

Like 10 but that white background!

Well, I don't use a tablet.
    My PC is listed in specs.
    The OP was expressing a dislike of a white explorer background.
    Someone else posted it was necessary to edit the registry to make changes.
    Still others suggested it is a good idea to use a shell replacement ?
    And another thought recompiling the explorer.exe binary using an editor makes sense ?
    What ?

Using high contrast, it is easy
    and a simple few clicks to make all kinds of changes.

It is also easy and simple to switch from default non colorized theme
    to high contrast mode. (one click)

Here's another view.

Background white [​IMG]

Background white [​IMG]

What's this?

Background white [​IMG]

3. ziffel Win User
    problem on a few menus - white text on white background

G'day all.

I have two instances of having white text on white backgrounds. I use start10 by Stardock, and on its menus, items currently highlighted are showing white text on a white background. Other (non-highlighted) items display correctly.

I also noticed this same thing when Cortana displays something like my shopping list. If i ask her to display my shopping list, she does, and i can see the checkboxes, but the actual text of the list is not visible.

I sense this has something to do with system level font/color settings, but I can't find where this is controlled in Win10.

ziffel, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Background white

how to get a plain white background

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

In order to understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• In which application you need the plain white background?
    • Are you referring to paint application as in you mentioned for drawing?
    Please post us back with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Background white

1. Background white - Similar Threads - Background white

2. restore screen to black lettering with white background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    restore screen to black lettering with white background: how to restore black letters and white background https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-screen-to-black-lettering-with-white/c4df6638-8383-48c6-93d7-09825ef86391
  3. restore screen to black lettering with white background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    restore screen to black lettering with white background: how to restore black letters and white background https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-screen-to-black-lettering-with-white/c4df6638-8383-48c6-93d7-09825ef86391
  4. restore screen to black lettering with white background

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Why is the background white with no taskbar or desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the background white with no taskbar or desktop?: My files app wasn't working so I used task manager to crash it. Right after it crashed, the taskbar along with the desktop turned comptley white. This has happened on many occasions.Windows 11...
  6. Why is the background white with no taskbar or desktop?

Why is the background white with no taskbar or desktop?: My files app wasn't working so I used task manager to crash it. Right after it crashed, the taskbar along with the desktop turned comptley white. This has happened on many occasions.Windows 11...
  7. In windows 11 Microsoft word background became black. The words became white. What is the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In windows 11 Microsoft word background became black. The words became white. What is the...: My baby brother pressed some key and the background of Microsoft word and some other white backgroundnot all became black. The words I am writing that became white instead of black. How to bring it back to white background....
  8. In windows 11 Microsoft word background became black. The words became white. What is the...

In windows 11 Microsoft word background became black. The words became white. What is the...: My baby brother pressed some key and the background of Microsoft word and some other white backgroundnot all became black. The words I am writing that became white instead of black. How to bring it back to white background....
  9. my computer screen is now white letters on black background - how do I change back to black...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer screen is now white letters on black background - how do I change back to black...: My computer screen is white letters on black background. How do I change back to black letters on white background? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-screen-is-now-white-letters-on-black/38701c05-e5d1-40d2-b78a-0b71f1ae8f4c
  10. my computer screen is now white letters on black background - how do I change back to black...

my computer screen is now white letters on black background - how do I change back to black...: My computer screen is white letters on black background. How do I change back to black letters on white background? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-screen-is-now-white-letters-on-black/38701c05-e5d1-40d2-b78a-0b71f1ae8f4c