Windows 10: Background X visible across many photos, icons and search bars

Discus and support Background X visible across many photos, icons and search bars in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] Anyone can guide me why am I seeing this X pattern across icons, photos etc? Is this a normal design element? Can I get rid... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DrUmeshSharma, Jun 23, 2019.

1. Background X visible across many photos, icons and search bars

Background X visible across many photos, icons and search bars bbfcf405-c08b-4aa1-bf1a-683bb7f8344a?upload=true.jpg Background X visible across many photos, icons and search bars 3097e7c2-0f77-46dd-9b8c-241f15c0255e?upload=true.jpg Background X visible across many photos, icons and search bars e67565e8-3945-4862-91ae-a4c995ac2f43?upload=true.jpg

Anyone can guide me why am I seeing this X pattern across icons, photos etc? Is this a normal design element? Can I get rid of this?

:)

DrUmeshSharma, Jun 23, 2019

2. No Icons visible in task bar, Win 10

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with icons in the Task bar after November update, do let us know the following:

• Is this issue confined only with icons in the Task bar?
    • What happens when you try to click on those icons?
    • What exactly do you mean by: "they are there but not visible"?

Method 1: If you are referring to showing up of different icons in Task in System tray, I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key from the Keyboard, type
      Turn system icons On or Off
      and select it.
    • Try to turn on the icons that are visible.

Method 2:

Step 1: If not, I suggest you to place the computer in safe mode and check if the icons are visible to access.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

If the issue still persists,

Step 2: This issue might have occurred due to corrupted or missing system files after the update. I suggest you to place the computer in normal mode and try to perform SFC scan.

Steps: Place the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command.
    • Type msconfig and press
      Enter
    • In the System Configuration
      window, click on General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as Normal startup, click on Apply and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Perform SFC scan, System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue with required information, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 23, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Search Box Reduced to Magnifying Glass Icon

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the settings to show the search icon.

• Right click on the search bar

• Click on search

• Check show search icon
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Jun 23, 2019
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Background X visible across many photos, icons and search bars

photos or logos appearing in search bar when looking for something.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are getting images while using the search bar in Google Chrome. I see that this a new feature that’s been introduced in Google Chrome version 75.0.3770.80.

However, I would like to let you know that you can take off the photos that are displayed while you search for something by following the steps listed below. Kindly follow the same and see if it works:

1. Open Chrome browser and copy paste the following string into the Chrome address bar:
      chrome://flags/#omnibox-rich-entity-suggestions
    2. Press Enter, and choose ‘Omnibox Rich Entity Suggestions’ option to
      Disabled from the drop down menu.
    3. Close the browser and relaunch it.

For further queries, I would suggest you to get in touch with the
    Google support
    team and they will help you with this.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 23, 2019
Thema:

Background X visible across many photos, icons and search bars

1. Background X visible across many photos, icons and search bars - Similar Threads - Background visible across

2. icon on task bar is not visible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    icon on task bar is not visible: hiicon on taskbar is not visible windows 11please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-on-task-bar-is-not-visible/f428994e-12c4-4ad7-aff3-1de69058ca4a
  3. icon on task bar is not visible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    icon on task bar is not visible: hiicon on taskbar is not visible windows 11please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-on-task-bar-is-not-visible/f428994e-12c4-4ad7-aff3-1de69058ca4a
  4. search bar icon

in Cortana
    search bar icon: After the update there is an icon at the search bar which is not there before, how to delete the icon? anyone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-icon/a95f5e3f-1577-40ad-8def-e6544fd3d41a
  5. No icons visible when searching on windows search.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No icons visible when searching on windows search.: Every app which is downloaded from Microsoft store and Microsoft store itself shows no logo or icons when I search them for in Windows Search box. But in start menu they are visible.What I have tried1. Reset Windows2. Fresh Installing3. Downloaded new ISO file and install...
  6. No icons visible when searching on windows search.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No icons visible when searching on windows search.: Every app which is downloaded from Microsoft store and Microsoft store itself shows no logo or icons when I search them for in Windows Search box. But in start menu they are visible.What I have tried1. Reset Windows2. Fresh Installing3. Downloaded new ISO file and install...
  7. No icons visible when searching on windows search.

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Icons of the apps in the search bar are not visible.

in Cortana
    Icons of the apps in the search bar are not visible.: [ATTACH] As you see in the pictures, it has been like this for over a month. I have tried :sfc /scannow DISM command And updated my windows to the latest version 20H2 I was thinking of system restoring my windows but I thought maybe here I can be helped....
  9. Black Bar across desktop background

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black Bar across desktop background: Yesterday my wallpaper suddenly was half black on the bottom. It's worked for years but now it doesn't. I recently changed my second monitor, but this happened on my primary. I've restarted many times with no change, except that today the wallpaper is 3/4 black, only being...
  10. Windows 10 update showing “x” icon on search bar ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 update showing “x” icon on search bar ?: I recently updated my windows 10 and when I use the search bar in the bottom left hand side, the icons that come up to that corresponding search is just an x icon with a box around it Is this a bug ? Or is anyone else having trouble with this ? Thank you In advance...