Windows 10: BACKGROUND

Discus and support BACKGROUND in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; WHY DID MY GOOGLE BACKGROUND TURN BLACK ALL OF A SUDDEN STILL WORKS THANK YOU... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by timmaddox, Jul 6, 2019.

1. timmaddox Win User

BACKGROUND

WHY DID MY GOOGLE BACKGROUND TURN BLACK ALL OF A SUDDEN STILL WORKS

THANK YOU

:)

timmaddox, Jul 6, 2019

2. Background applications

Hi Robert,

We understand that you don't want some apps to run on the background of your computer. What we suggest is to
    control which apps are allowed to run in the background. To see which apps have permission, just follow the below steps:

• Open the Start menu or Start screen and select “Settings.”
    • Click or tap the “Privacy” icon in the Settings.
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the list and select “Background apps.”
    • You’ll see a list of apps that have permission to run in the background with an “On/Off” toggle.
    Just bear in mind that, apps normally run in the background to update their live tiles, download new data, and receive notifications. If you want an app to continue performing these functions, you should allow it to continue running in
    the background.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Jul 6, 2019
  3. Slideshow as desktop background.

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo Key + I. Then click on Personalization.
    • Click on Background to change it.
    For reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-change-desktop-background

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jul 6, 2019
  4. BACKGROUND

Windows 10 Task menu background transparency

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

Apologize for delay in reply.

As a workaround, I suggest you to change the desktop background/ remove the desktop background and check.

I suggest you to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.
    • Select Add an Account.
    • Enter a user name and hit Next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    • Check if issue persists.

Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Jul 6, 2019
Thema:

BACKGROUND

1. BACKGROUND - Similar Threads - BACKGROUND

2. How can I retrieve old lock screen background images.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I retrieve old lock screen background images.: There are a few images that I have lost my copy of, yet they still show up when I go to change my lock screen background's picture. Is there a way to retrieve a copy of these images? And if so, how?...
  3. Default Windows 10 Wallpaper is filled with dots with blue background.

Default Windows 10 Wallpaper is filled with dots with blue background.: I am facing this problem for sometime now. The default windows 10 wallpaper would suddenly be changed to blue with dots all around. I have attached a screenshot for elucidation. It would be fixed if I try to change the wallpaper. However, the wallpaper would again turn dotted...
  4. Background Screen is Black after 1903 udate. Cannot get a picture back for the background...

Background Screen is Black after 1903 udate. Cannot get a picture back for the background...: Ease of access settings is causing problem. Cannot fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-screen-is-black-after-1903-udate-cannot/e6296dd5-518a-41a0-a1b5-dd9d8acc9feb
  5. Email App dont run in the background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email App dont run in the background: I noticed my e-mails dont sync and then when I checked I noticed HxTsr.exe and HxOutlook.exe are not in the process manager. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-app-dont-run-in-the-background/508ce78a-c64f-495e-982e-a8650b567281
  6. Stop a background app nag message

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Stop a background app nag message: I have Skype disabled as a background app. That is how I want it. However I keep getting Notification nags that I have it off and that I should update my background app settings as I might be missing Skype calls. I am not missing them because I don't use Skype. I know where...
  7. Annoying Background and windows processes

Annoying Background and windows processes: How to stop these running processes? They ate my 20% memory. Please help what to do. I also tried to turn them off in the settings but nothing happen...
  8. why is cortana reading my emails in the background

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    why is cortana reading my emails in the background: I sent a personal email to my pharmacist a couple of days ago and got a Cortana pop up asking if I wanted to add it as a task? I dont recall giving Cortana permission to read my emails. this could also explain why when I only have 2 edge tabs open it seems to spawn 10...
  9. my mousepad curser has developed a background lag

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my mousepad curser has developed a background lag: my mousepad curser has developed a background lag resulting in a transparent circle or square freezing the screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-mousepad-curser-has-developed-a-background-lag/99284c93-636c-4817-8f21-4a9232121427
  10. Windows 10 Users list background

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Users list background: When I select "Switch users" from the Shutdown menu the background display of the users list is totally blurry. This seems to have begun happening after the most recent update....