Windows 10: Background

Discus and support Background in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; What files are compatible with the background? When I try to browse my selection, downloaded photos from snapchat do not show up.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CaitlynNelson1, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Background

What files are compatible with the background? When I try to browse my selection, downloaded photos from snapchat do not show up.

:)

CaitlynNelson1, Aug 10, 2019

2. Background applications

Hi Robert,

We understand that you don't want some apps to run on the background of your computer. What we suggest is to
    control which apps are allowed to run in the background. To see which apps have permission, just follow the below steps:

• Open the Start menu or Start screen and select “Settings.”
    • Click or tap the “Privacy” icon in the Settings.
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the list and select “Background apps.”
    • You’ll see a list of apps that have permission to run in the background with an “On/Off” toggle.
    Just bear in mind that, apps normally run in the background to update their live tiles, download new data, and receive notifications. If you want an app to continue performing these functions, you should allow it to continue running in
    the background.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Aug 10, 2019
  3. Slideshow as desktop background.

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo Key + I. Then click on Personalization.
    • Click on Background to change it.
    For reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-change-desktop-background

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Aug 10, 2019
  4. Background

Windows 10 Task menu background transparency

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

Apologize for delay in reply.

As a workaround, I suggest you to change the desktop background/ remove the desktop background and check.

I suggest you to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.
    • Select Add an Account.
    • Enter a user name and hit Next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    • Check if issue persists.

Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

Background

1. Background - Similar Threads - Background

2. Background apps showing when using alt-tab buttons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background apps showing when using alt-tab buttons: Off late when I use the Alt-Tab buttons IDM which runs in the background shows up. If I stop the program, it doesn't show up. Any way to stop this. Version 1903 OS Build 18362.295 Vijay. [ATTACH]...
  3. Can't change lockscreen background in laptop

Can't change lockscreen background in laptop: under Lockscreen option a message is showing that "Some settings are hidden or managed by your organization." I can't select picture option under background option as shown in the attached image. please give solution to get rid off from this problem.[IMG]...
  4. Unwanted Background Sharing

Unwanted Background Sharing: We have several business computers running Windows 10 Professional. They all have separate Office Applications all connected to the same Microsoft Business Account. The problem is several computers are randomly sharing background images from one computer to another. How do we...
  5. Background programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Background programs: Programs disapear in task manager. When I return to my laptop after 10 mins or so the cpu is almost always 100% even though the laptop is idle. When I open task manager to have a look it briefly shows a couple of tasks running with high cpu but then they very quickly...
  6. Background Application

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Background Application: Hey Guys In my leotop manny Backgroud application runing more than one time like runtime broker. I attached the screen short of problem i was just asking its safe for system because it tak's system resources [ATTACH]...
  7. File Explorer background dark

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer background dark: Hey After an update, the background in my file exlorer turned very dark. I tried changing the theme, and tired with high contrast. The only thing that changes is the header, the background stays the same. [img] 138766
  8. Turn on a gif desktop background with gpo on windows 7 and 10, this is possible

Turn on a gif desktop background with gpo on windows 7 and 10, this is possible: Hi , is it possible deploy on windows 7 and 10 a .gif desktop background with gpo directroy, or i have to always use another application to turn on the gif? i was reading a lot , and there is not so much information about .gif, i created the gif with 3 photos and run ok...
  9. Personalisation - Colours - Dark - Programs and Features background colour change

Personalisation - Colours - Dark - Programs and Features background colour change: Hi, Is there a way to change the back ground colour in the Programs and Features(Uninstall or change a program)? I like to use the Dark theme under Colours however I have a problem when I go to Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a program the background is dark like it...
  10. Settings for Slideshow Background : How to remove an obsolete picture folder ?

Settings for Slideshow Background : How to remove an obsolete picture folder ?: I have no problem browsing for and adding picture folders. So far unable to remove all or selected obsolete folders. What is the correct procedure?...