Windows 10: Backgrounds not syncing

Discus and support Backgrounds not syncing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi Everyone, Just got a new HP Envy 360. Setting up Windows, and everything synced up well. Unfortunately while doing some setup bits, the background... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LukeTansell, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Backgrounds not syncing

Hi Everyone,

Just got a new HP Envy 360. Setting up Windows, and everything synced up well. Unfortunately while doing some setup bits, the background all of a sudden went back to a standard Windows picture as the background. Checked my syncing settings, and they're all switched on. Also rebooted and that didn't help. Does anyone know what could be going on? I'm sure I'll run into other issues if I can't get it synced.

Backgrounds not syncing 2e8b5b40-5576-42df-8687-e73df8f85fb0?upload=true.png

Thanks everyone!

Cheers,

Luke

:)

LukeTansell, Apr 15, 2019

2. Background / theme not syncing (Windows 10 1803)

Hi wjhulzebosch,

For me to provide you with relevant troubleshooting steps to address this problem, I would like to verify the following information:

• Is this the first time you're trying to sync settings in all 5 devices? If not, was syncing working before?
    • Have you logged in your Microsoft account in all 5 devices?

I know that you've already enabled the Sync your settings option in Microsoft Edge, however, I also suggest that you enable the Internet Explorer settings as well, as they use the same sync settings.

If the issue persists, please restart the SettingsSyncHost.exe process and see if your computer is already synced. Follow these steps:

1. Right-click on your taskbar and click Task Manager.
    2. Under Processes, select the Host Process for Settings Synchronization, then click
      End task.
    3. Restart your computer and let the process restart.

Syncing with other devices may take time. I suggest that you give it about 24hrs.

Should the issue persists, please update this thread so I can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 15, 2019
  3. Background applications

Hi Robert,

We understand that you don't want some apps to run on the background of your computer. What we suggest is to
    control which apps are allowed to run in the background. To see which apps have permission, just follow the below steps:

• Open the Start menu or Start screen and select “Settings.”
    • Click or tap the “Privacy” icon in the Settings.
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the list and select “Background apps.”
    • You’ll see a list of apps that have permission to run in the background with an “On/Off” toggle.
    Just bear in mind that, apps normally run in the background to update their live tiles, download new data, and receive notifications. If you want an app to continue performing these functions, you should allow it to continue running in
    the background.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Apr 15, 2019
  4. Backgrounds not syncing

Slideshow as desktop background.

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo Key + I. Then click on Personalization.
    • Click on Background to change it.
    For reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-change-desktop-background

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

Backgrounds not syncing

1. Backgrounds not syncing - Similar Threads - Backgrounds syncing

2. Default Windows 10 Wallpaper is filled with dots with blue background.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default Windows 10 Wallpaper is filled with dots with blue background.: I am facing this problem for sometime now. The default windows 10 wallpaper would suddenly be changed to blue with dots all around. I have attached a screenshot for elucidation. It would be fixed if I try to change the wallpaper. However, the wallpaper would again turn dotted...
  3. Background Screen is Black after 1903 udate. Cannot get a picture back for the background...

Background Screen is Black after 1903 udate. Cannot get a picture back for the background...: Ease of access settings is causing problem. Cannot fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-screen-is-black-after-1903-udate-cannot/e6296dd5-518a-41a0-a1b5-dd9d8acc9feb
  4. Email App dont run in the background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email App dont run in the background: I noticed my e-mails dont sync and then when I checked I noticed HxTsr.exe and HxOutlook.exe are not in the process manager. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-app-dont-run-in-the-background/508ce78a-c64f-495e-982e-a8650b567281
  5. Stop a background app nag message

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Stop a background app nag message: I have Skype disabled as a background app. That is how I want it. However I keep getting Notification nags that I have it off and that I should update my background app settings as I might be missing Skype calls. I am not missing them because I don't use Skype. I know where...
  6. Annoying Background and windows processes

Annoying Background and windows processes: How to stop these running processes? They ate my 20% memory. Please help what to do. I also tried to turn them off in the settings but nothing happen...
  7. why is cortana reading my emails in the background

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    why is cortana reading my emails in the background: I sent a personal email to my pharmacist a couple of days ago and got a Cortana pop up asking if I wanted to add it as a task? I dont recall giving Cortana permission to read my emails. this could also explain why when I only have 2 edge tabs open it seems to spawn 10...
  8. Sync background on extended view

in Windows 10 Support
    Sync background on extended view: I have a surface laptop with a Dell monitor and windows 10. I am using the monitors in extended option as it good to work with. How can I have the same background slide show display on both my laptop and monitor as they are now out of sync? Cheers Rinus 114110
  9. Can't sync background picture

Can't sync background picture: I have a feeling that this is going to turn out to be a silly question with an obvious answer that I'm missing, but here goes. I have a tablet, a laptop and a desktop computer all running Windows 10. I log on to each with my Microsoft account. Each has all of its settings...
  10. Themes not syncing backgrounds

Themes not syncing backgrounds: Hi, I have a theme on my desktop PC which obtains its backgrounds from a folder in My Documents. There are about 300 in there. I have no issues with the theme using all the backgrounds available. Until, that is, I switch on the sync theme option. Then the theme which...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 theme not syncing 2019