Windows 10: backgroundTaskHost.exe crashing with reason: "The notification platform is unavailable."

Discus and support backgroundTaskHost.exe crashing with reason: "The notification platform is unavailable." in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently started getting all these crashes and was wondering why? ================================================== Process File :... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Bluscream‪, Oct 11, 2018.

1. backgroundTaskHost.exe crashing with reason: "The notification platform is unavailable."

I recently started getting all these crashes and was wondering why?

==================================================
    Process File : backgroundTaskHost.exe
    Event Name : Stopped working
    Event Time : 10/11/2018 10:37:59 PM
    User Name : All Users
    Exception Code : 0x803e0105
    Exception Code Description: The notification platform is unavailable.

Exception Offset : 0x00010de0
    Fault Module Name : combase.dll
    Fault Module Version: 10.0.17134.112
    Process Path : C:\windows\system32\backgroundTaskHost.exe
    Report File Size : 17,968
    Report File Path : C:\Users\All Users\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_59750RykenApps.m_111274c77e178c2953ea7bffc2123da5fec858_2ac0a08c_3aebf836\Report.wer

:)

Bluscream‪, Oct 11, 2018

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Oct 11, 2018
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Oct 11, 2018
  4. backgroundTaskHost.exe crashing with reason: "The notification platform is unavailable."

backgroundTaskHost and backgroundTransferHost continuously start and die

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query at Microsoft community.

BackgroundTaskHost is an integral part of the Operating System. Please use the task manager to check any if any third party applications might also be running. These two application are use by Windows Update which installs updates.

Please use the Windows Feedback app to provide you suggestions.

Thank you.

Rohit Chettri, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

backgroundTaskHost.exe crashing with reason: "The notification platform is unavailable."

1. backgroundTaskHost.exe crashing with reason: "The notification platform is unavailable." - Similar Threads - backgroundTaskHost exe crashing

2. ShellExperienceHost and related processes StartMenuExperienceHost, backgroundTaskHost,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ShellExperienceHost and related processes StartMenuExperienceHost, backgroundTaskHost,...: Since the last update, these processes have remained suspended. As a result, I can't open the start menu, settings, notifications, or change my sound I know I can change my sound but you get what I mean.After the update when I pressed start, it didn't open. I pressed the...
  3. PC crashes for no reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashes for no reason: My computer freezes all of a sudden, the Capslock does not respond and nothing happens. Either the system reboots by itself or we have to force reboot it by pressing the power button on the CPU cabinet. I suspect that the GPU is behind the problem.I have tried updating the...
  4. PC crashes for no reason

PC crashes for no reason: My computer freezes all of a sudden, the Capslock does not respond and nothing happens. Either the system reboots by itself or we have to force reboot it by pressing the power button on the CPU cabinet. I suspect that the GPU is behind the problem.I have tried updating the...
  5. errores backgroundTaskHost

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    errores backgroundTaskHost: Desde hace días han surgido errores en backgroundTaskHost.exe en MoBEX. ¿Como puedo resolverlo? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/errores-backgroundtaskhost/204b01cc-f227-4eb9-ab26-246723173294
  6. errores backgroundTaskHost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    errores backgroundTaskHost: Desde hace días han surgido errores en backgroundTaskHost.exe en MoBEX. ¿Como puedo resolverlo? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/errores-backgroundtaskhost/204b01cc-f227-4eb9-ab26-246723173294
  7. errores backgroundTaskHost

8. Csgo.exe crashing gta5.exe crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Csgo.exe crashing gta5.exe crashing: the error i was getting: Virhesovelluksen polku: C:\Program Files x86\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo.exe Ongelman kuvaus Ongelmatapahtuman nimi: BEX Sovelluksen nimi: csgo.exe Sovelluksen versio: 0.0.0.0 Sovelluksen aikaleima: 5f2c93d3...
  9. Crashing for seemingly no reason

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Crashing for seemingly no reason: I've had Win10 for about three to four months now, everything was perfectly fine up until a few weeks ago. All of a sudden my laptop started crashing when I was playing Starbound. I changed a few things, kept Firefox closed when I was playing(even though this laptop is...
  10. orgnwrks32.exe crashing

in Windows 10 Support
    orgnwrks32.exe crashing: If I open up a sample or a project, most functions will work; However; If I try to setup a new project; it crashes. Uninstalled/Reinstalled dozens of times; no luck

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is causing backgroundtaskhost.exe crash

2. 0x803e0105

3. the notification platform is unavailable

4. the notification platform is unavailable windows 10,
  5. what is causing a crash in bachgroundTaskhost.exe?,
  6. sccm exception system.exception: the notification platform is unavailable. (exception from hresult: 0x803e0105),
  7. 0x803e0105 the notification platform is unavailable.,
  8. TOAST the notification platform is unavailable,
  9. backgroundTaskHost.exe crash,
  10. system.exception: the notification platform is unavailable,
  11. background task host crashing,
  12. exception system.exception: the notification platform is unavailable. (exception from hresult: 0x803e0105),
  13. background task host crash,
  14. the notification platform is unavailable.