Windows 10: backgroundtaskhost.exe is reaching out to an unknown domain

Discus and support backgroundtaskhost.exe is reaching out to an unknown domain in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi,backgroundTaskHost.exe is executed with a command line "ServerName:App.AppX5hwn3e2eh92evvfew40hhq5czeh07dw8.mca" and is trying to reach out to an... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MKLB_85, May 13, 2021.

1. MKLB_85 Win User

backgroundtaskhost.exe is reaching out to an unknown domain

Hi,backgroundTaskHost.exe is executed with a command line "ServerName:App.AppX5hwn3e2eh92evvfew40hhq5czeh07dw8.mca" and is trying to reach out to an unknown domain. Would like to know why this file connecting to a unknown domain ?How to read this file and understand the activity ?Thank you

:)

MKLB_85, May 13, 2021
  2. changari Win User

Raising the windows domain and forest issues?

hi,

I run a domain that was all 2003 r2 servers. I recently upgraded all my domain controllers to windows 2012 r2.
    That went off without any problems.. Our trust relationships had no issues also.

My first step was to raise the Domain and Forest levels past 2003 to 2008. This went off without a hitch.
    These are the features for raising the levels to 2008:

• Features and benefits include all default Active Directory features, all features from the Windows Server 2003 domain functional level, plus:
    • Read-Only Domain Controllers – Allows implementation of domain controllers that only host read-only copy of NTDS database.
    • Advanced Encryption Services – (AES 128 and 256) support for the Kerberos protocol.
    • Distributed File System Replication (DFSR) – Allows SYSVOL to replicate using DFSR instead of older File Replication Service (FRS). It provides more robust and detailed replication of SYSVOL contents.

Forest Level Windows Server 2008

• Features and benefits include all of the features that are available at the Windows Server 2003 forest functional level, but no additional features. All domains that are subsequently added to the forest will operate at the Windows Server 2008 domain functional level by default.

My next step is to raise the domain and forest to 2008 r2, then 2012, and finally 2012 r2. I have been trying to find out exactly what I could expect from raising the Domain and Forest for each step.

The step involving 2008 r2 seems relatively a non issue. But getting the couple of new features seem very nice

Domain Level Windows Server 2008 R2

• All default Active Directory features, all features from the Windows Server 2008 domain functional level, plus 2 new features

Forest Level Windows Server 2008 R2

• All of the features that are available at the Windows Server 2003 forest functional level, plus the following features:

• Active Directory Recycle Bin, which provides the ability to restore deleted objects in their entirety while AD DS is running. <== New Feature very cool
    • All domains subsequently added to the forest will operate at the Windows Server 2008 R2 domain functional level by default.

Here is my big concerns for the next raising of domain and forest to 2012.

Forest Level Windows Server 2012:

• All of the features that are available at the Windows Server 2008 R2 forest functional level, but no additional features.
    • All domains subsequently added to the forest will operate at the Windows Server 2012 domain functional level by default.

Domain Level Windows Server 2012 R2: <=====
    Need to investigate more and why this post

• DC-side protections for Protected Users. Protected Users authenticating to a Windows Server 2012 R2 domain can no longer:

• Authenticate with NTLM authentication <==============(what issues may arise)
    • Use DES or RC4 cipher suites in Kerberos pre-authentication
    • Be delegated with unconstrained or constrained delegation
    • Renew user tickets (TGTs) beyond the initial 4-hour lifetime

Will this affect my exchange anywhere users with remote access authenticating either clear of NTLM???
    and what would/may not to work properly day 1 when I raise the domain and forest to 2012. I cant really find anyone that can answer a straight question.

Has anyone gone through this? what problems did you have, if any , if a lot???

Any thoughts and suggestions will be much appreciated??

thanks

- - - Updated - - -

One more point... I am not sure if I posted this to the correct forum.. So if I was wrong and it should be in a different one..
    PLEASE LET ME KNOW

changari, May 13, 2021
  3. robos Win User
    Getting a domain name...

Just simple 3 steps to make your website glow to millions…
    Step 1: Sign up now and get a FREE domain!
    Step 2: Design your new website in minutes!
    Step 3: You are live! Share your life online!

Click here…

robos, May 13, 2021
  4. backgroundtaskhost.exe is reaching out to an unknown domain

backgroundTaskHost and backgroundTransferHost continuously start and die

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query at Microsoft community.

BackgroundTaskHost is an integral part of the Operating System. Please use the task manager to check any if any third party applications might also be running. These two application are use by Windows Update which installs updates.

Please use the Windows Feedback app to provide you suggestions.

Thank you.

Rohit Chettri, May 13, 2021
Thema:

backgroundtaskhost.exe is reaching out to an unknown domain

1. backgroundtaskhost.exe is reaching out to an unknown domain - Similar Threads - backgroundtaskhost exe reaching

2. Unknown exe files SOLVED

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unknown exe files SOLVED: Today I found several exe files but can't find any info on Google as to if they are Windows exe or maybe malware.here are their locations and names%PROGRAMFILESX86%\rosser\Combes.exe%PROGRAMFILESx86%\unreal\Comment.exe%Localappdata%\Observation.exeThey show up in the Registry...
  3. Unknown exe files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unknown exe files: Today I found several exe files but can't find any info on Google as to if they are Windows exe or maybe malware.here are their locations and names%PROGRAMFILESX86%\rosser\Combes.exe%PROGRAMFILESx86%\unreal\Comment.exe%Localappdata%\Observation.exeThey show up in the Registry...
  4. EXE files disappear on logon for domain profiles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    EXE files disappear on logon for domain profiles: I have an issue where EXE files disappear on logon for domain profiles. Here is what I know:-EXE files will remain when they are downloaded to local profiles. We have to place the Zoom EXE file on the local admin account and place a shortcut to that on the user's desktop in...
  5. EXE files disappear on logon for domain profiles

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    EXE files disappear on logon for domain profiles: I have an issue where EXE files disappear on logon for domain profiles. Here is what I know:-EXE files will remain when they are downloaded to local profiles. We have to place the Zoom EXE file on the local admin account and place a shortcut to that on the user's desktop in...
  6. errores backgroundTaskHost

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    errores backgroundTaskHost: Desde hace días han surgido errores en backgroundTaskHost.exe en MoBEX. ¿Como puedo resolverlo? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/errores-backgroundtaskhost/204b01cc-f227-4eb9-ab26-246723173294
  7. errores backgroundTaskHost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    errores backgroundTaskHost: Desde hace días han surgido errores en backgroundTaskHost.exe en MoBEX. ¿Como puedo resolverlo? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/errores-backgroundtaskhost/204b01cc-f227-4eb9-ab26-246723173294
  8. errores backgroundTaskHost

9. Windows 10 Domain Join Limit Reached on Domain Admin Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Domain Join Limit Reached on Domain Admin Account: I work for a small company in the IT department and have a Domain Administrator account. I recently tried joining a newly imaged computer to the domain and have gotten the "Exceeded the maximum number of computer accounts you are allowed to create in this domain" error...
  10. Unknown .exe?

Unknown .exe?: I was browsing my Task Manager for suspicous processes and I stumbled along one called 'WinStore.Mobile.exe'. Is this usual? I will post a Word Doc which includes screenshots. 36819