Windows 10: Backing up A UWP game on windows 10?

Discus and support Backing up A UWP game on windows 10? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have to format and install win10 again but i don't want to have to redownload over 100 gigs for forza horizon 4 or however big gears ultimate, gears... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by d0x, Aug 20, 2019.

1. D0X
    d0x Win User

Backing up A UWP game on windows 10?

I have to format and install win10 again but i don't want to have to redownload over 100 gigs for forza horizon 4 or however big gears ultimate, gears 4 and quantum break are... In total it would be a massive download.

How do we backup uwp games and then restore them?

With steam i copy the folder to an external drive then after i install steam and copy the game folder back i can just tell steam where the folder is and it automatically verifies them and can use them within a couple min..

But i cant figure out a way to so the same with uwp games aside from spending literally hundreds of gigs downloading them again.

There must be a better way...

Ty.

:)

2. Objects in UWP Games Appear Pink

For some reason, my UWP games show objects and backgrounds as pink in colour which really round the experience of the games. This issue is on many of the games I've tried. Please give suggestions to fix it.

EurypteridX, Aug 20, 2019
  3. RejZoR Win User
    Windows 10 UWP Protection Kicks the Bucket

Who even buys UWP games anyway? I mean, who would willingly go to Starbucks and order some ebola coz it tastes to good? Coz that's about the same as buying an UWP game...

Funny how you never hear any news about X warez group cracking GOG games. I wonder what's GOG's magic sauce no one can crack...

RejZoR, Aug 20, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Backing up A UWP game on windows 10? - Similar Threads - Backing UWP game

2. UWP app game not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UWP app game not opening: A UWP app specifically Among Us won't open. I've tried terminating it, repairing it, resetting it, and uninstalling and reinstalling, but nothing worked. It was working, but then it just crashed when I was using it, and when I tried to re-open it, it wouldn't open. The...
  3. Back up with Window 10

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Back up with Window 10: Hello I have a question that I can't find the answer to. I just installed a backup with windows 10 and I chose to do the backup every day. Can you tell me what time the backup will be done by choosing to do it every day. Thank you for your response. 161984
  4. Windows 10 UWP Games crash with no errors shown.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 UWP Games crash with no errors shown.: So I have W10 gamepass and I got a few games, notably Forza Horizon 4, Sea Of Thieves and Astroneer. All those games worked perfectly fine and normal. Recently however I started having an issue where those games would just crash immediately after the splash screen. However...
  5. Windows 10 back up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 back up: I have Windows 10 backup "Automatically back up my files" to "ON" I have the backup being written to an external hard drive. I have "Back up my files" to "Every 3 hours". I have "Keep my backups" 6 months. My list of files to back up is standard except adding Web browser...
  6. Back-up in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Back-up in Windows 10: Back-up in Windows 10 via configuratiescherm blijft probleem geven met foutcode 0x8078014B? Heeft iemand daar een oplossing voor? Digitale videosystemen Rob Wittebrood...
  7. Windows 10 Back up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Back up: Why do Windows updates turn off the Windows Back up program - after every update I have to try and remember to switch it on again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10-back-up/1b0e9b43-796d-4f03-b33f-48d4b96e374f
  8. Windows back up will not back up

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows back up will not back up: I have tried several times to back up my computer to an external hard drive and I keep getting the error "Invalid window handle". How do I fix this so I can create a system image? 46422
  9. Backing Up Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Backing Up Windows 10: OK, So I've got Windows 10 installed from my Win7 SP1 disk. My first question is at some future point, will I be able to reinstall from that? And my 2nd question, seeing as that would be insane and take forever, what is the best way of backing up/being able to reinstall up my...
  10. Windows 10 Back Up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Back Up: Is anyone using Windows 10 Back Up found in Settings? I am. Under "Back Up options", "Back Up These Folders", you have the option of adding folders to back up, which I have. However, there seems to be default folders that I can't get rid of. What I mean is that although you...