Windows 10: Backing up an almost full HDD

Discus and support Backing up an almost full HDD in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've had a shitty seagate 1TB hard drive for 3 years now and I am just now deciding to reinstall Windows 10 to fix any problems my pc has and speed it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ToopyYT, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Backing up an almost full HDD

I've had a shitty seagate 1TB hard drive for 3 years now and I am just now deciding to reinstall Windows 10 to fix any problems my pc has and speed it up a bit. I don't have money for a new HDD or SSD and I want to be able to keep my games installed though since I have probably over 300 GB of games on there but I have nowhere to back them up to. Do you guys know any solutions to this problem or do I just have to save up for an SSD and wait. I was thinking maybe there was something I could temporarily transfer all that stuff to kind of like google photos give you unlimited photo storage.

submitted by /u/ToopyYT
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ToopyYT, Dec 6, 2019
  2. Kem Mon Win User

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Dec 6, 2019
  3. Johankaan Win User
    unlock hdd

Johankaan, Dec 6, 2019
  4. Backing up an almost full HDD

HDD Corrupt ?

Hi,

There are many possible reasons this issue is happening. We'd like to ask few questions below:

• What is the brand name of you Hard Disk Drive?
    • How old is the HDD?
    Since you already tried multiple troubleshooting steps, we suggest visiting the manufacturer's website. Find and download a hard drive diagnostic software to help resolve the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Martin Bar, Dec 6, 2019
Thema:

Backing up an almost full HDD

1. Backing up an almost full HDD - Similar Threads - Backing almost full

2. Small SDRAM is almost full

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Small SDRAM is almost full: My HP Pavillion all-in-one computer has the following storage space but the SDRAM is almost full and the machine is slowing down etc.Memory Drive C:8 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM 1 x 8 GBMemory & Storage Drive D:8 GB memory; 2 TB HDD storage; 256 GB SSD storage I need to make some...
  3. Windows Full Back Up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Full Back Up: I am looking to create my first full back up of my laptop which has a Windows 11 operating system. I can't seem to figure out how to do this and I have tried a few self-help videos.I have a few questions:- I have a paid Microsoft 365 account and OneDrive and I have enabled a...
  4. Windows Full Back Up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Full Back Up: I am looking to create my first full back up of my laptop which has a Windows 11 operating system. I can't seem to figure out how to do this and I have tried a few self-help videos.I have a few questions:- I have a paid Microsoft 365 account and OneDrive and I have enabled a...
  5. drive c is almost full

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    drive c is almost full: My C Drive is almost full! I've done everything site has suggested. What next? Please help, it won't update anymore! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-c-is-almost-full/df39eaac-9523-4452-b9c9-31ef422b744e
  6. drive c is almost full

in Windows 10 Gaming
    drive c is almost full: My C Drive is almost full! I've done everything site has suggested. What next? Please help, it won't update anymore! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-c-is-almost-full/df39eaac-9523-4452-b9c9-31ef422b744e
  7. Windows C: is almost full

Windows C: is almost full: In This PC, Windows C: is nearly full and shows red. 23.8GB free if 437GB. [IMG] I can't figure out where the bulk is and how to reduce it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-c-is-almost-full/d0cc3032-d577-4a9a-929b-ba4b24264f46
  8. Disc almost full

Disc almost full: My relatively new computer says my disk is almost filled, but I can't find any files to delete. I moved most of the to OneDrive to free up my disk to no avail. Help, please!...
  9. Disk almost full

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disk almost full: I can't find where the files are that are taking up so much of my hard drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-almost-full/6ac6cc1b-98b3-42f0-ac72-16788709bba0"
  10. Recovery D: ALMOST FULL

Recovery D: ALMOST FULL: Computer running VERY SLOW so I decided to do some clean up. Went into storage there to see what I could do. The RECOVER STORAGE shows really full so I decided to investigate. I know you've got to be careful in this area of the computer so I was just investigating to start...