Windows 10: Backing up an HP Pavilion PC to a WD Elements backup drive

Discus and support Backing up an HP Pavilion PC to a WD Elements backup drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Please tell me how I backup an HP Pavilion PC to a WD Elements backup drive. I have Windows 10.Thank you and best regards.Paul... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PaulRado, Jul 18, 2021.

1. PaulRado Win User

Backing up an HP Pavilion PC to a WD Elements backup drive

Please tell me how I backup an HP Pavilion PC to a WD Elements backup drive. I have Windows 10.Thank you and best regards.Paul

:)

PaulRado, Jul 18, 2021
  2. cobrasl Win User

External Hard Drive (WD Elements) is visible in PW but not in explorer

followed steps..

the partition displayed as below...

Backing up an HP Pavilion PC to a WD Elements backup drive [​IMG]

as advised I selected "list".. and for a long time it was like this..

cobrasl, Jul 18, 2021
  3. f14tomcat Win User
    WD Elements

Go to My PC, right click the drive pointed to, it's your WD drive.

You will get a screen like this. Ignore all the other stuff, it's from my machine. Click "Format".

You'll get a screen like this. Important....please read carefully and follow posted instructions.

Leave the red part alone, accept what is there.

Type whatever name you would like in the yellow box, anything. Don't make it too long. Just something that you will recognize at a glance.

After you have clicked "Start", the last step on this one, you will be prompted to continue. Go ahead. It won't take long. Just moments.

When done, the drive should appear in My PC, with the name you gave it, and as "D:" drive, and be totally empty.

Post whatever screenshots you wish, My PC and Disk Management would be nice.

Any questions? Ask before you start, please.

f14tomcat, Jul 18, 2021
  4. Backing up an HP Pavilion PC to a WD Elements backup drive

Not backing up to WD Elements SE

I purchased the WD Elements SE portable storage for backups. When I tried to back up, the only option available was to a dropbox? Can anyone help with this? Thanks.

MarieJones5, Jul 18, 2021
Thema:

Backing up an HP Pavilion PC to a WD Elements backup drive

1. Backing up an HP Pavilion PC to a WD Elements backup drive - Similar Threads - Backing Pavilion Elements

2. WD Elements 1tb not recognized In Devices and Drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WD Elements 1tb not recognized In Devices and Drives: Hello,I have a Lenovo Legion 7 running Windows 10. I'm plugging in a WD Elements drive and it's not seen by Devices and Drives.Going into Disk Management reveals it, as shown in attached images. It's labeled 'healthy', but not NTFS or FAT, which I'm reading are the desired...
  3. WD Elements 1tb not recognized In Devices and Drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WD Elements 1tb not recognized In Devices and Drives: Hello,I have a Lenovo Legion 7 running Windows 10. I'm plugging in a WD Elements drive and it's not seen by Devices and Drives.Going into Disk Management reveals it, as shown in attached images. It's labeled 'healthy', but not NTFS or FAT, which I'm reading are the desired...
  4. WD Elements 1tb not recognized In Devices and Drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Backing up up an HP Pavilion PC to a WD Elements backup drive

Backing up up an HP Pavilion PC to a WD Elements backup drive: Please tell me how I backup an HP Pavilion PC to a WD Elements backup drive. I have Windows 10.Thank you and best regards.Paul https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backing-up-up-an-hp-pavilion-pc-to-a-wd-elements/436f7053-b2d5-4538-bd21-c8dbbf465fbe
  6. backing up my PC using brand new WD elements external drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    backing up my PC using brand new WD elements external drive: I have a desktop PC running windows 10. I just purchased a WD elements 2TB hard drive. I would like to back up everything on my PC, including outlook emails, photos, music on itunes, etc. In other words, if my internal HDD crashes, I would like to get a new one and be able to...
  7. HP Pavilion laptop backup issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP Pavilion laptop backup issues: Have an HP Pavilion laptop for about two years, never worked properly, never able to back up properly. Backups have always defaulted to Recovery drive rather than separating system files from personal files and no one has been able to help me figure out how to remedy this....
  8. WD Backup installer fails to recognise WD drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WD Backup installer fails to recognise WD drive: I just bought a My Passport. I cannot get the WD Backup to install. During the process I get a message that says it cannot see a target drive. The drive is visible in windows 10 explorer and is recognised by Windows Backup. Looking forward to your help. Thanks...
  9. WD Elements

WD Elements: I have a WD Elements but have no idea whether it is a 500mb,1TB, 2TB or what ever. How do I find out please? 117424
  10. WD Elements 2 TB Drive Problem

WD Elements 2 TB Drive Problem: Another thread (External Hard Drive (WD Elements) is visible in PW but not in explorer) prompted me to post this. I've got the WD Elements External drive connected with a USB cable. Love it, works great. Until I burn a DVD with the OEM burner in the pc. At which point...