Windows 10: Backing Up And Importing Email Accounts For Outlook 2016 In Office 365

Discus and support Backing Up And Importing Email Accounts For Outlook 2016 In Office 365 in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10 Pro x64 on a Dell XPS-17 L702X. I recently cloned, using Acronis TI 2018, my factory installed 500GB primary drive onto a newly... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Sichuan, May 21, 2018.

1. Sichuan Win User

Backing Up And Importing Email Accounts For Outlook 2016 In Office 365

I'm running Windows 10 Pro x64 on a Dell XPS-17 L702X. I recently cloned, using Acronis TI 2018, my factory installed 500GB primary drive onto a newly purchased 1TB drive. I'm now going to reset the OS. I don't mind reinstalling most application after a reset or clean install but I DO NOT want to reinstall my Office 365 Personal, as it contains 27 email accounts, 25 of them Microsoft accounts and 2 of them sbcglobal.net POP3 accounts. It's a real pain to configure these 27 accounts. I'll make the necessary registry change that will allow me to put all these Microsoft accounts on the same Exchange server system, otherwise I would be limited to 10 Exchange server accounts.

What is the best way to backup everything on my Outlook 2016; all the folders, messages, profiles and contacts? Should I back up (export) only the Outlook 2016 email accounts? What about the .ost/.pst files that so many people have problems with when trying to import the backup? Should I back up the entire Office 365 Personal instead? If I back up the entire Office 365 using backup software will the backup also contain everything I now have in all my email accounts in Outlook 2016?

Does anyone know of any backup software, including the Acronis TI 2018 I use, that will allow me to back up only the Office 365 or Outlook 2016 instead of the entire OS and then transfer the backup to the newly reset Windows OS? Can I make an Acronis full backup or a full backup using other software and then use only the Office 365 part of the backup? If so, would I also have to backup any other files and/or folders in Program Files, App Data or any other location for such a backup to work on the newly reset OS? How about you users of Macrium Reflect? Can I use only the Office 365 part of a Macrium backup to achieve what I want? The more I read about Macrium Reflect the more I think I'll go with it once my Acronis subscription runs out. I've had problems with every Acronis edition I've purchased and I'm really not too happy with it.

Please excuse my ignorance. I've spent a lot of time online trying to come up with answers to my questions and I can't determine the best way to do this.

Thank you in advance for your time and any assistance provided.

:)

Sichuan, May 21, 2018

2. unable to open Outlook email accounts

Have you tried all the suggestions in Option 2 of the following article?

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/i-can-...

There are steps to backup your Outlook data file too. You could then uninstall then reinstall Office 365 and proceed to setup your account again.

Andre Da Costa, May 21, 2018
  3. Synchronising Office 365 Outlook with a Nokia Lumia 625

I am having difficulty synchronising my Office 365 Outlook and my Windows 8 phone.

I thought when I purchased the phone and Office 365 it would be easy but it is jut not happening.

I have set up a btinternet.com email account in the interim, so receiving emails but previously when I have tried to sign up for an Outlook account through the phone, it asks for a domain and just will not work.

I would like to see my emails contacts, calender and tasks if possible all via Office 365.

I have looked everywhere for some help but to date no luck.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

James

James.Micklewright@btinternet.com, May 21, 2018
Thema:

Backing Up And Importing Email Accounts For Outlook 2016 In Office 365

1. Backing Up And Importing Email Accounts For Outlook 2016 In Office 365 - Similar Threads - Backing Importing Email

2. Office 2016 or Office 365

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Office 2016 or Office 365: I think I am running Office 2016 and Office 365 Basic , I have done the search on a word document and it says 2016 but on my start up there is an icon and if I go into that I see my documents under Office 365.I have just checked my account and I have paid a subscription of...
  3. Office 2016 or Office 365

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Office 2016 or Office 365: I think I am running Office 2016 and Office 365 Basic , I have done the search on a word document and it says 2016 but on my start up there is an icon and if I go into that I see my documents under Office 365.I have just checked my account and I have paid a subscription of...
  4. Office 2016 or Office 365

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Office 365 Outlook email accounts

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 365 Outlook email accounts: I have a subsciption to Micrrosoft Office Personal and wish to install it in a second pc (my wifes pc) but I do not wish my Outlook email account to be seen in my wifes laptop and I do not wish to see my wife's Outlook emails on my pc. If I share my Office 365 Personal...
  6. Office 365 - 2016

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Office 365 - 2016: I have Office 365 - 2016 which came when I upgraded to Microsoft 10 - probably in 2016. I've never been asked to renew until this year. Why now? Do I have a Product Key that I should be entering?...
  7. Importing Email Accounts Into Outlook 2016

Importing Email Accounts Into Outlook 2016: I'm using a new laptop running Windows 10 Pro x64 and I have a subscription to Office 365 Home. I want to import 27 email accounts, 25 of them being Microsoft email accounts, into Outlook 2016. I don't know why, but the import process is not working properly. I first...
  8. Backing up Outlook 2016

in Browsers and Email
    Backing up Outlook 2016: I need to do an uninstall of Office 365 (and then reinstall), due to some problems with Office caused by the Win 10 Creators Upgrade. However, I don't want to lose my contacts or e-mail folders. I know with old Outlook's (e.g. 2003) there was a pst file that had everything in...
  9. Outlook 2016 Manual Email Account Setup, Office 365 option? & Crashes

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016 Manual Email Account Setup, Office 365 option? & Crashes: Hello Everyone, I am setting up my email accounts in Outlook 2016. I always do a manual setup and on my outlook.com email accounts, I use Exchange ActiveSync. [img] My questions are this. What is this new option of selecting Office 365 and when would I...
  10. Linking Outlook 2016 with Office 365

Linking Outlook 2016 with Office 365: I have been running Exchange server 2010 on our network and recently subscribed to Office 365 online. I can access email ok on line through the Office 365 portal but cannot get Outlook 2016 on my PC to link with the online mail. Outlook 2016 on my PC (Windows 10, 64 bit...