Windows 10: Backing up and restoring system in Windows 10

Discus and support Backing up and restoring system in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I backed up my Windows 10 system onto an external hard drive as a disk image. I have a clean Windows 10 boot image on a flash drive. I also have disk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/con_ker, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Backing up and restoring system in Windows 10

I backed up my Windows 10 system onto an external hard drive as a disk image. I have a clean Windows 10 boot image on a flash drive. I also have disk repair on a CD ROM. I need to restore this backed up system onto a new internal hard drive. Nothing I have tried for the past 6 hours has worked.

I would think that booting into the Windows System wizard and going to system restore and just selecting the system restore disk image would do the trick, but when I select the system restore disk image, it says I need to reboot using disk repair. I go into the BIOS settings to tell the computer to boot into the disk repair on the CD ROM, and that option is not available. I see my external drive system disk image, the USB boot image, and the internal drive, but not the CD ROM.

submitted by /u/con_ker
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/con_ker, Dec 23, 2019

2. Windows XP PRO error after restore

System restore is handy when it works like it did for me 2 days ago saving the need to reinstall all of my software as well as windows, id suggest using norton Ghost 12 for an excellent system restore feature.

jocksteeluk, Dec 23, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 23, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Backing up and restoring system in Windows 10

system restore won't restore

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to perform system restore by going to safe mode and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below.

• In login screen at the bottom right corner select
      restart
      the system by press and hold Shift key.

• Under choose an option select Troubleshooting.

• Select advanced option.

• Select System restore and check if it helps.
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Dec 23, 2019
Thema:

Backing up and restoring system in Windows 10

1. Backing up and restoring system in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Backing restoring system

2. System Restore Back up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore Back up: All In One 22-df0023wwindows 10 64 bitPurchased this new HP and want to make a recovery on an external hard drive. Any advice on the best way to do this? I thought about the system image back up, yet while doing some searching I saw where some were saying that they made an...
  3. Back up and Restore

Back up and Restore: Is back up and restore being removed from Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/back-up-and-restore/363a9b10-a680-4ac0-9893-a98771b1b31d
  4. Windows 10 Back up and Restore

Windows 10 Back up and Restore: Hi all, I have added a new SSD to my computer and would like to run Windows off of it. I have made a back up image to another drive different than the current OS. Is there a way to use this back up to restore Windows on the new SSD and have a dual boot solution while I...
  5. Backing up or restoring windows 10 apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backing up or restoring windows 10 apps: I installed the game The Outer Worlds through Windows Store/Xbox app because it is on game pass otherwise I would have gone another route. So when I wanted to do a clean install of Windows, I tried changing ownership and granted full permissions for the folder where it was...
  6. Back up and restore Windows 10

Back up and restore Windows 10: Hello there, I thought it would be best to back up my Windows 10 files on a memory stick. Periodically, I keep getting a pop up message that says install a device larger than 1 GB. The stick I have has 32GB; which is new. And then I'm noticing that the files saving are...
  7. Backing up and restoring system in Windows 10 (between two drives)

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backing up and restoring system in Windows 10 (between two drives): I backed up my Windows 10 system onto an external hard drive as a disk image. I have a clean Windows 10 boot image on a flash drive. I also have disk repair on a CD ROM. I need to restore this backed up system onto a new internal hard drive. Nothing I have tried for the past...
  8. Back up and Restore

Back up and Restore: Win 10 Pro 64bit. Ever since I updated. Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809, I cannot back up Computer. I get Error Code 0x80070013 Local Disk (E). I have 3-computers and get the same error code. Thanks...
  9. Back up and Restore

Back up and Restore: Win 10 Pro 64bit. Ever since I updated. Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809, I cannot back up Computer. I get Error Code 0x80070013 Local Disk (E). I have 3-computers and get the same error code. Thanks...
  10. Back up and restore

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Back up and restore: Why does my windows 10 home have windows 7 backup and restore? It's a new machine and it came with windows 10. Does anyone know? 111055