Windows 10: Backing up: can I use a disk that's already part used?

Discus and support Backing up: can I use a disk that's already part used? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have a Windows 7 backup HDD which is still only about half full. Can I safely start using it to make Windows 10 backups alongside the old W7 ones?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by windose, Jan 28, 2020.

1. windose Win User

Backing up: can I use a disk that's already part used?

I have a Windows 7 backup HDD which is still only about half full. Can I safely start using it to make Windows 10 backups alongside the old W7 ones? It's not going to wipe or damage the old W7 backups is it?

Secondly, does the W10 automatic backup facility recognise HDDs that are connected wirelessly via a USB port on the router? I'd like the convenience of continual automatic backups without spoiling the portability of the laptop with a HDD plugged directly into the computer.

:)

windose, Jan 28, 2020

2. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue Backing up: can I use a disk that's already part used? :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Jan 28, 2020
  3. DISK CLEANUP

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Which files are you trying to delete using disk clean up?
    2. Which version of Windows are you currently using?

Please reply back with the information to the above questions in order to provide you with appropriate troubleshooting steps:

I understand that you are trying to free up memory using Disk Cleanup. If you are trying to delete files using disk cleanup on Windows 10, I suggest you to refer the following article on

Disk cleanup in Windows 10
    for steps to perform disk clean up on your PC.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jan 28, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jan 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Backing up: can I use a disk that's already part used? - Similar Threads - Backing disk that's

2. Back UP Part 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Back UP Part 2: Lets try this again and see if I can get some better advice.Whole 10 System BACK UPCurrent Computer HD Win10 - 300GB HD [250GB in use]Using External 500 2.5 External HDD - partitioned 300/200Purpose a full working back p that can be plugged in to restore the current HD just...
  3. Back UP Part 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Back UP Part 2: Lets try this again and see if I can get some better advice.Whole 10 System BACK UPCurrent Computer HD Win10 - 300GB HD [250GB in use]Using External 500 2.5 External HDD - partitioned 300/200Purpose a full working back p that can be plugged in to restore the current HD just...
  4. Back UP Part 2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Unable to use back up/restore ?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to use back up/restore ?!: I want to back up the C drive which has the OS on, just in case the hard disc crashes, I have done this in the past without a problem but in windows 10 I get a message that it cannot be done because the target drive has insufficient capacity, however the back up file is...
  6. Back up using File History

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Back up using File History: Hi thereI have a portable Samsung external hard drive attached to my computer which I use for backup purposes.However File History does not recognise it as a usable drive. When I click on 'add a drive' in Back Up it says 'no usable drives found'. How can I make it recognise...
  7. No reset disk. Can I use USB?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    No reset disk. Can I use USB?: I bought my laptop off of Facebook bad idea, I see now i did not get the reset disk with it. I only got the laptop and that was it. Can I use a SD card and download the create a reset disk and put it into my USB drive and download it that way, with out another laptop? Or do I...
  8. I’ve already cleaned the disk that I will use but it still can’t detect it.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I’ve already cleaned the disk that I will use but it still can’t detect it.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/HoSangGo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f1zm0p/ive_already_cleaned_the_disk_that_i_will_use_but/
  9. Can i use a ipad as a boot disk

Can i use a ipad as a boot disk: can you download windows 10 on a ipad and then plug the ipad into the computer and then boot into windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-use-a-ipad-as-a-boot-disk/9940b493-f142-49b6-a716-bfe989d5b004
  10. can you use internal drive as back up?

can you use internal drive as back up?: will windows 10 allow me to use a internal drive in my computer for back up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-use-internal-drive-as-back-up/db6a5a3f-e3ed-44b2-bf73-1cecfed842c3