Windows 10: Backing up data from 2 internal hard drives

Discus and support Backing up data from 2 internal hard drives in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have two internal hard drives one for data and one for photographs and I would like to know how to back this data up to 2 separate hard drives again... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JohnChettoe, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Backing up data from 2 internal hard drives

I have two internal hard drives one for data and one for photographs and I would like to know how to back this data up to 2 separate hard drives again one for data and one for photographs.

Is there anyway of doing this? I don't believe it can be done with the s/w built into the OS, so what options are there?

Thanks in advance.

:)

JohnChettoe, Mar 24, 2020
  2. malware Win User

Seagate Extends Warranty on Maxtor Internal Hard Drives

Seagate Technology, the worldwide leader in hard disc drives and consumer storage solutions, today announced a three-year limited warranty, effective immediately, on every Maxtor branded Internal Hard Drive Retail Kit that is now shipping worldwide. Maxtor Internal Hard Drive Retail Kits are designed for users who want to replace or upgrade their internal hard drives in their PC or Mac. This move shows Seagate's continued commitment to its retail customers, giving them more storage choices, while providing best-in-class warranty protection, service and support on the world's most reliable hard drives. The new three-year limited warranty applies retroactively to all Maxtor branded Internal Hard Drive Kits in retail channel inventory, or purchased by consumers on or after October 1, 2006.

For early shoppers, a Maxtor Internal Hard Drive Retail Kit is a perfect gift for that special someone who wants to upgrade their computer hard drive, giving it more capacity and the speed needed for demanding multimedia applications such as games and video. Consumers looking to upgrade to the premium version of Microsoft Windows Vista will also require more than 10GB of free hard drive space to load the operating system, and will need faster data transfer rates to obtain and enjoy a best-in-class computing experience from Microsoft.

This holiday season, digital cameras are also expected to be one of the hottest gift items according to the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). With this, consumers will be shooting more and more digital photos and downloading them on to their internal computer hard drive. Topping off at 500GB, a Maxtor Internal Hard Drive Retail Kit not only satisfies the needs of this storage-intensive application, but also provides ample capacity for downloading the Internet's media-rich content such as music, video, photos, files and games. With Maxtor Retail Hard Drives by Seagate, consumers can rest assured in knowing that their data is stored on a trusted and reliable hard drive.

"Whether it's an internal hard drive or a simple to use external storage and backup solution, Seagate has a product for everyone," said Jim Druckrey, senior vice president and general manager for Seagate Branded Solutions. "Our Maxtor Branded Retail Kits include an industry leading drive manufactured by Seagate, giving consumers the quality assurance and reliability the industry has come to expect from Seagate. The positive response we have received from our retail partners is a testament to their confidence in our ability to deliver products that blend value, innovative storage technology and reliability."

Maxtor Internal Hard Drive Retail Kits come in capacities up to 500GB and include components users need to install the new hard drive - mounting screws, a PATA or SATA cable and step-by-step instructions, making it easy to upgrade their PC or Mac. Maxtor Hard Drive Retail Kits are available at retailers worldwide. Suggested retail price ranges from $79.95 for 80GB to $239.95 for 500GB. For more information, please visit www.maxtorsolutions.com.

Source: Seagate

malware, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Msap14 Win User
    Hard Drive Data Recovery

got a laptop pata hard drive that makes a slight constant clicking noise. hard drive is more than likely dead/dying right... i can see that partitions of the hard drive in disk management and i can see the partitions in my computer but i can't get to any of the data.

any suggestions?

Msap14, Mar 24, 2020
  4. Backing up data from 2 internal hard drives

windows 10 internal drive d how to take back ownership of the hardrive?

Hi Steve,

To help you with your concern regarding the internal hard drive, let me suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer
    • Right-click on the Drive D:
    • Select Properties
    • Click Security tab then select Advanced
    • Select Change after the Owner: line

Please let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

Backing up data from 2 internal hard drives

1. Backing up data from 2 internal hard drives - Similar Threads - Backing data internal

2. back Up data on portable drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    back Up data on portable drive: Hello, i have both a Hard drive and SSD on my PC. the System files, i.e. Win 10 etc are on the SSD drive. I want to transfer everything to a portable SSD. When i have transferred all my data to the portable drive, will i need to re-install Win 10 and the other programs in the...
  3. back Up data on portable drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    back Up data on portable drive: Hello, i have both a Hard drive and SSD on my PC. the System files, i.e. Win 10 etc are on the SSD drive. I want to transfer everything to a portable SSD. When i have transferred all my data to the portable drive, will i need to re-install Win 10 and the other programs in the...
  4. back Up data on portable drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Back up failing to internal drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Back up failing to internal drive: My back ups have stopped working on Windows 10. I get one of the 2 error messages 1. Your file history drive is disconnected it show its there 2. 0x80070020 It wont let me stop using the drive, if I try it gives 0x80070020 again! Any ideas? Y...
  6. How to back-up to separate internal drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to back-up to separate internal drive?: I have a RAID 0 partition with 2 SSD drives 800GB, that I'm trying to set up backups to a separateinternal drive HDD 1TB, however, I'm having issues getting the drive to show up on FileHistory. I have tried a couple formatting options for the drive, but they do not seem to...
  7. 2 of 3 internal hard drives are not showing up in file explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2 of 3 internal hard drives are not showing up in file explorer: I did a windows reset and now my SSD shows up, but my 2 hard drives do not. After looking around the forums I see the initialize and add a letter to the hard drives solutions, but those are not available options in the disk management window. When I right click on either...
  8. Back Up from computer to external hard drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Back Up from computer to external hard drive: I am using Windows10 64byt and want to back up "This Pc" to my external hard drive, a WM Elements. How should I do this please? I have tried various methods discribed on your site all to no avail....
  9. Internal Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internal Hard Drive: I have an internal hard drive i got from my day that came out of his desk top. It has a lot of data on it i want to recover and put onto an external dar drive. I can see the drive when i run diskmgmt but cannot right click on it or browse files. I get this error with it "was...
  10. back up hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    back up hard drive: I have two hard drives. My back up program selected one of the hard drives for backing up. How can I change so that my second hard drive is the one that my backup program uses?...