Windows 10: Backing up data

Discus and support Backing up data in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I'm kinda forced to update windows 10 in order to use Adobe software and upon knowing the bugs that some win10 updates cause I need to backup before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/trippypees, May 25, 2020.

1. Backing up data

So I'm kinda forced to update windows 10 in order to use Adobe software and upon knowing the bugs that some win10 updates cause I need to backup before applying, my question is do I only have two backup options (file history & backup and restore)?

If that's the case I'm guessing I need an external drive for both options, and since my total files size on C drive is around 930GBs I would need the external to be at least 1TB correct?

Is there another way to get around this without acquiring an external drive that big?

submitted by /u/trippypees
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/trippypees, May 25, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 25, 2020
  3. Lost data from hard drive, what to do now?

Well, I'm sorry to hear that it's a WD My Passport that failed on you, @tomhenry ! *Frown Backing up data :(
    I'd recommend you to try using a different USB cable with it and see if that will help your system to detect it without it disconnecting.
    I'd also suggest you to go to Disk Management and see how the drive is listed there. It won't hurt to check up on the health and SMART status of the HDD by running the QUICK and EXTENDED tests from the WD's Data LifeGuard Diagnostics. Here's a link to the available software: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=11ZOpD

Give these troubleshooting steps a try and keep us posted with the results!
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, May 25, 2020
  4. mjean1 Win User

Backing up data

There are no more files and ASUS Data Security Manager

I've been having the same issues trying to save files.

I followed all of the steps but ASUS Data Security Manager keeps reappearing. How do I really get it to delete? I've done the uninstall four times and it just pops back in the list.

mjean1, May 25, 2020
Thema:

Backing up data

1. Backing up data - Similar Threads - Backing data

2. I recently reinstalled windows and now I'm trying to get my lost data back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I recently reinstalled windows and now I'm trying to get my lost data back: So, I reinstalled windows 2 months ago and ever since i been trying to recover data I lost. I tried data recovery softwares but they weren't showing my lost files. I was wonderingif there was a backup i could tap in because I remember creating a backup in cmd prompt. If...
  3. I recently reinstalled windows and now I'm trying to get my lost data back

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I recently reinstalled windows and now I'm trying to get my lost data back: So, I reinstalled windows 2 months ago and ever since i been trying to recover data I lost. I tried data recovery softwares but they weren't showing my lost files. I was wonderingif there was a backup i could tap in because I remember creating a backup in cmd prompt. If...
  4. I recently reinstalled windows and now I'm trying to get my lost data back

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. laptop get reseting again and again and after some time all the data come back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop get reseting again and again and after some time all the data come back: hi there i am Devansh and i am facing a serious problem in my laptop my laptop is of hp and this is creating a serious newsence because when i open my laptop it run fairly but somtime it start as a tottly new laptop without my data ad evrything gets reset but after 12 to 13...
  6. laptop get reseting again and again and after some time all the data come back

laptop get reseting again and again and after some time all the data come back: hi there i am Devansh and i am facing a serious problem in my laptop my laptop is of hp and this is creating a serious newsence because when i open my laptop it run fairly but somtime it start as a tottly new laptop without my data ad evrything gets reset but after 12 to 13...
  7. I WOULD LIKE TO DO A REINSTALL OF WINDOWS 10 WITHOUT LOSING MY DATA OR GO BACK TO ANY POINT...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I WOULD LIKE TO DO A REINSTALL OF WINDOWS 10 WITHOUT LOSING MY DATA OR GO BACK TO ANY POINT...: I NEED HELP HOW TO DO THIS PROPERLY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-would-like-to-do-a-reinstall-of-windows-10/abd47c1d-3818-4a32-be68-cb1b12977dd4
  8. Changing account, can I get data back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing account, can I get data back?: I want to move accounts because the one im currently using is deleted nor i remember the log in information. I noticed that information linked to the main account will be removed not pc files but downloaded apps from Microsoft store... is it possible to move it all to the new...
  9. Changing account, can I get data back?

Changing account, can I get data back?: I want to move accounts because the one im currently using is deleted nor i remember the log in information. I noticed that information linked to the main account will be removed not pc files but downloaded apps from Microsoft store... is it possible to move it all to the new...
  10. Fully back up all apps and data for downgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fully back up all apps and data for downgrade: I am currently looking for a way i can back up all my apps and data to an external drive. I want to downgrade windows but i don‘t want to have to redownload all my apps. Can i back up all my files and apps to an external drive? Note that i do not intend on buying any software...