Windows 10: Backing up favorites in edge

Discus and support Backing up favorites in edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Thanks for being patient with me. No the file explorer was blank.Just said Working on it...... Nothing else It sounds like they could be corrupted.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by menu, May 18, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Backing up favorites in edge

It sounds like they could be corrupted.

Do you have these same favorites in Internet Explorer or another browser that you could use to import back to Microsoft Edge after resetting Microsoft Edge?

Brink, May 19, 2016
  2. menu Win User

Hi.
    Many thanks to the both of you for the assistance.

We have tried all avenues I don't have any other favourites to import as I have never used IE on this new desktop only used edge and find it very good.
    Will just have to carry on and hope for the best.Something may happen.

Once again Many thanks for bearing up with the issue.Very much appreciated.*Thumbs
    David.

3. Brink
    Brink New Member
    In that case, you could also turn on "Sync your content" in Microsoft Edge settings to have favorites automatically synced with your Microsoft account. This way if you need to reinstall, they should be restored when synced next.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...-turn-off.html

Brink, May 19, 2016
  4. menu Win User

Thanks Shaun will do that.I'll sit back and see what develops.
    David.

Thema:

1. Backing up favorites in edge - Similar Threads - Backing favorites edge

2. favorites on Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    favorites on Edge: Can I make Edge openwith a verticcal favorites list similar to the way IE has been doing mit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/favorites-on-edge/d2a18a59-581e-4e1b-9e51-6f64a533d3c3
  3. Edge Favorites

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Edge Favorites: Suddenly I'm unable to right click on a link in my favorites folder and have it open in a new window, which I used to be able to do. Now when I click on open in new window, nothing happens. If I click open in a new tab, it does and also when I right click on links in various...
  4. EDGE Favorites

in Windows 10 Customization
    EDGE Favorites: How do you SORT the favorites? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-favorites/05bcaa2d-4440-450c-8012-506287f63127
  5. Edge Favorites

in Windows 10 Support
    Edge Favorites: I don't usually use Edge, I like IE11; but I've had to dabble in Edge from time to time. I was wondering, where are the Favorites saved? I looked up & found an article that instructed to go to:...
  6. Edge Favorites

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge Favorites: How do you change the width of the Favorites Side panel? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/edge-favorites/7d3ac0b7-4fb5-4364-a313-2804ea3e431f
  7. favorites edge

in Browsers and Email
    favorites edge: Hi Normaly when i do a reinstall of windows i've got my favorits of edage automaticly back But nu not why ? 97290
  8. Edge Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites: I too would like to access my W10 Edge Favorites list to edit them. But I find it incredible that no-one (including Microsoft) appears to know where they. I did come across one reply in the Windows 10 forum that listed them but not in the folders in the drop-down list in Edge...
  9. Edge Favorites mixed up

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites mixed up: Hi, I have been using Windows 10 since the launch date, with not many problems. However, when I logged on today all my favorites in Microsoft Edge were in a different order, folders and individual websites were all jumbled up and it took me a while to find the ones I wanted....
  10. Edge Favorites.

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites.: I just noticed after doing a clean install of windows 10 1607, that my favorites in ms edge are gone. Is there anyway to get them back? Henry 58963