Windows 10: Backing up files from Windows 11 then going back to Windows 10

Discus and support Backing up files from Windows 11 then going back to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I cleaned install Windows 11 last month and right now I am thinking of going back to Windows 10. Since I cleaned install windows 11, going back to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by bboypayte, Oct 25, 2021.

1. bboypayte Win User

Backing up files from Windows 11 then going back to Windows 10

I cleaned install Windows 11 last month and right now I am thinking of going back to Windows 10. Since I cleaned install windows 11, going back to windows 10 will also delete my files. But, I am thinking of making a backup or system image for my files to another drive, then go back to windows 10 and recover my files using the system image I created from my windows 11. Is it possible that I could use the system image I created from Windows 11 and recover it to Windows 10?

:)

bboypayte, Oct 25, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 25, 2021
  3. Scrizz Win User
    Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Oct 25, 2021
  4. YOU
    You Win User

Thinking about Going back to Win8.1

If want to disable IE, still can. However, can't uninstall it like were able to in XP/98/whatever.
    Here's how, although I find it useful in case Chrome or Firefox stops working and have to re-download it. *Wink
    1. Search for turn windows features on or off and click it in the search results.
    • Backing up files from Windows 11 then going back to Windows 10 [​IMG]
    2. When the app opens, uncheck Internet Explorer 11.

3. Click Yes on the warning dialog.
    4. Click OK.
    5. Restart for the changes to finish.

Thema:

1. Backing up files from Windows 11 then going back to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Backing files going

2. Go back to windows 10, from WINDOWS 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Go back to windows 10, from WINDOWS 11: My Laptop automatically updated to Windows 11 - I DID NOT EXECUTE THE START UP!! - when I try to go back to Windows 10 -thru the settings - the GO BACK is gray! It has been only 1 day - NOT the 10 day period!! All the information I had on Windows 10 did not populate into 11!!...
  3. Go back to windows 10, from WINDOWS 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Go back to windows 10, from WINDOWS 11: My Laptop automatically updated to Windows 11 - I DID NOT EXECUTE THE START UP!! - when I try to go back to Windows 10 -thru the settings - the GO BACK is gray! It has been only 1 day - NOT the 10 day period!! All the information I had on Windows 10 did not populate into 11!!...
  4. Go back to Windows 10 from Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Go back to Windows 10 from Windows 11: I have a new computer which came with Windows 11. I would like to go back to Windows 10 but I can't find a way to go back without uninstalling and starting from scratch. I'm not really tech savvy so any help would be appreciated. Thank you.Eszter...
  5. going back to windows 10 from windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    going back to windows 10 from windows 11.: hello, i recently upgraded from windows 10 to windows 11 but i do not like windows 11 and i would like to go back. i looked online and saw the microsoft community tutorial but when i went to settings and did all of the stuff and the go back icon was greyed out and said 'this...
  6. going back to windows 10 from windows 11.

going back to windows 10 from windows 11.: hello, i recently upgraded from windows 10 to windows 11 but i do not like windows 11 and i would like to go back. i looked online and saw the microsoft community tutorial but when i went to settings and did all of the stuff and the go back icon was greyed out and said 'this...
  7. Going back from windows 11 to 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Going back from windows 11 to 10: While going back from windows 11 to windows 10 it's showing this message from more than 3 hours. Can anyone please tell me how much time it will take or what should do if it keeps rolling ?...
  8. Going back from windows 11 to 10

Going back from windows 11 to 10: While going back from windows 11 to windows 10 it's showing this message from more than 3 hours. Can anyone please tell me how much time it will take or what should do if it keeps rolling ?...
  9. Backing up files from Windows 11 then going back to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backing up files from Windows 11 then going back to Windows 10: I cleaned install Windows 11 last month and right now I am thinking of going back to Windows 10. Since I cleaned install windows 11, going back to windows 10 will also delete my files. But, I am thinking of making a backup or system image for my files to another drive, then...
  10. Backing up files from Windows 11 then going back to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backing up files from Windows 11 then going back to Windows 10: I cleaned install Windows 11 last month and right now I am thinking of going back to Windows 10. Since I cleaned install windows 11, going back to windows 10 will also delete my files. But, I am thinking of making a backup or system image for my files to another drive, then...