Windows 10: Backing up files to a USB flash drive

Discus and support Backing up files to a USB flash drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I am wondering if there is a specific program that can walk me through backing up info from my computer either to a usb drive or to burn to disc?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by csd50854, Feb 3, 2020.

1. csd50854 Win User

Backing up files to a USB flash drive

Hi I am wondering if there is a specific program that can walk me through backing up info from my computer either to a usb drive or to burn to disc? when i try to backup to a usb thumb drive or whatever you call it. it asks me to save or import to dropbox. i prefer a program i can use because i don't know where dropbox stuff came from or if it is something i should turn off. Any suggestions would be helpful. I am trying to backup say quicken files on to a usb stick but not sure what to use

:)

csd50854, Feb 3, 2020

2. USB Flash drive made bootable

Hi Nelson,

Check if there is any slide switch on the side that provides write protection. It show's a closed and open lock on each side. We suggest to follow these steps below:

• Insert the USB flash drive into the USB port.
    • Click Start, type devmgmt.msc in the Search textbox and press Enter.
    • Find Disk Drives and expand it.
    • Find the USB flash drive you want to format, and double-click it. It opens the
      Properties dialog box.
    • Click Policies tab.
    • By default, the Optimize for quick removal option selected, switch it to Optimize for performance and then press
      OK.
    • Now open Computer. Right click on the USB Flash Drive and select Format. The Format dialog box now appears.
    • Select NTFS in the File System field.
    • Press Start and wait while the process will be completed.

You can also connect the USB drive on a different computer and try formatting.

Let us know how it goes.

Martin Bar, Feb 3, 2020
  3. Macazine Win User
    Recover files from Flash drive

According to me, the best flash drive recovery software which i have used and recovered files easily. It is very easy to use and within few steps you can recover data from flash drive. http://billhoyer.com/recover-corrupt-flash-drive-mac

Macazine, Feb 3, 2020
  4. zbook Win User

install.wim is 7GB, how to make a bootable USB flash drive

This is a method to make a ntfs flash drive.

The trial and error step will be booting using Legacy BIOS...

Code:
    This is the link:
    Guide: How to Format USB Flash Drive Using Cmd - EaseUS

The link did not use active so that is why it is a trial and error step.

zbook, Feb 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Backing up files to a USB flash drive - Similar Threads - Backing files USB

2. USB Flash Drive not showing up in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Flash Drive not showing up in file explorer: I have two computers side by side. I know the flash drives are good because they work on my other computer. When I plug either of them into my main PC, I hear the "ding" that they are being detected, but they won't show up in my file explorer with my other drives. I have...
  3. USB Flash Drive not showing up in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Flash Drive not showing up in file explorer: I have two computers side by side. I know the flash drives are good because they work on my other computer. When I plug either of them into my main PC, I hear the "ding" that they are being detected, but they won't show up in my file explorer with my other drives. I have...
  4. finding back up files on win10 flash drive install program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    finding back up files on win10 flash drive install program: I can't believe I did that my entire question is in the subject box. I don't know if it will work or not if not guess I'll have to redo. I bought win10 program to install on my pc that had vista on it. Took it to the best buy geek squad and had them do a back up of...
  5. Back up to USB Flash drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Back up to USB Flash drive: When backing up my laptop I use the Windows 7 back up procedure in control panel to create a system image to a usb hard drive. I recently advised my mate that he should do the same with his laptop so he purchased a 256gb USB flash drive. When we attempt to do the back up of...
  6. backing up files using File History to a flash drive

backing up files using File History to a flash drive: I have been using File History (Windows 10) to back up my files on a flash drive but am unable to verify that these files have in fact been backed up. They don't appear when I examine the contents of the flash drive using file explorer. I have not needed to recover any...
  7. File Explorer and usb flash drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer and usb flash drive: I had a virus that i used Reimage Repair to fix. When i went to file explorer the folder is empty in the usb flash drive so my files arent being saved. What do i do now?...
  8. Backing up Windows 10 on Flash Drive

Backing up Windows 10 on Flash Drive: I am trying to back up Windows 10 on my 32g flash drive, but I keep getting the error 'The drive is not a valid backup location' when I am creating a system image Can anyone help me? Thanks...
  9. Is there a way to back up System Restore points to a USB Flash Drive?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Is there a way to back up System Restore points to a USB Flash Drive?: [img] This is a print screen I took last month. I had this problem where I manually created my own Windows System Restore point naming it Healthy PC. The problem is after a few more days when I installed a new application named BabasChess. Windows created an Automatic...
  10. USB flash drive not seen by file managers at start up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB flash drive not seen by file managers at start up: When I start my desktop computer with a USB flash drive inserted in either of the case's top front two USB 3.0 slots, neither Windows Explorer nor XYplorer (my main file mgr) recognize it, even after refreshing. But after pulling it out and reinserting, they do. How do I go...